The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Do it ... I'd take Fiala in a heartbeat. Was kinda hoping we could somehow get him..Think he'd be a good fit here, age and production wise.

Edit: Love Fiala's play but we gotta get more than 1:1 for Miller, preferably an additional pick, which is rumored to be a 2nd but it's an opportunity to recoup that 1st.

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Fiala has been in rumored talks with a lot of teams.

We're a worse team with a 1 for 1. Miller is clearly the better player right now. Fiala's an upcoming RFA too and will command more money. We'd be looking to pay both Boeser and Fiala raises next off-season.

If you're gonna trade Miller why not for a small fortune of picks and prospects. It doesn't look like we're gonna be good anytime soon and these next two drafts are deep.

I’d be trading Boeser if we got Fiala. He’s too slow and soft. Maybe work a deal for Brodin + Fiala 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Miller > Fiala.

They'll never trade Brodin.

Fiala won't help us more than Miller to win games. He also is 1 year from UFA and just could take arb then walk the following year if he sees that we are a crap team.

My point is if we're gonna be crap anyway we might as well just acquire future assets in these next 2 deep drafts.

True, I just keep thinking about Fiala against us in the playoffs. He was a beast.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

What ? Fiala is a dynamic offensive talent but is tiny and is that after the coach, GM, ownership the next closest thing everyone slags on ? I don't think that would be a smart move at all.

is 204 lbs tiny?

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Fiala has been in rumored talks with a lot of teams.

We're a worse team with a 1 for 1. Miller is clearly the better player right now. Fiala's an upcoming RFA too and will command more money. We'd be looking to pay both Boeser and Fiala raises next off-season.

If you're gonna trade Miller why not for a small fortune of picks and prospects. It doesn't look like we're gonna be good anytime soon and these next two drafts are deep.

Kuzma seems to be speculating it could be Fiala and Greenway in the deal... tbh I'd do that. Greenway under the right coach could be a beast and we need some bigger bodies.

Interesting article, Kuzma is speaking like he actually knows something. Benning has used him before to float trial balloons in the media too.

• Vintage 1

No thanks, we're good on wingers. And we've already got pending RFA Brock Boeser to re-sign. 

We have Hoglander, Garland, Boeser, Pearson, and Podkolzin who can play wing.

What we should be looking to acquire is a legit 3c, D improvements, blue chip prospects, and picks. High end D prospects would be good, if they're playing in the NHL even better. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1