The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we have both Hughes and Byram does that mean Bone gets moved?  

Yes. Bryam makes Rathbone redundent unless you are somehow able to move OEL. You would think Avs would at least want a defense prospect back if they are moving Byram. I watched Newhook quote a bit in the NHL and was hoping the nucks would snag him. Byrams concussion history makes me worry especially after the issues to Ferland, Dorsett, etc.

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would we rather get Byram or Schneider?

Newhook + Byram + (2022) 1st

or

Schneider + Chytil + (2022) 1st

which is better?  

I'd rather Schneider myself. I think we over value Miller, I don't think he's worth Newhook, Byram, and a first. Or at least the Avs will never give that up inmho.

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I'd rather Schneider myself. I think we over value Miller, I don't think he's worth Newhook, Byram, and a first. Or at least the Avs will never give that up inmho.

He's definately not worth Newhook, Byram, and a 1st. Unless if Miller suddenly becomes McDavid, he's not going to fetch that. lol

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Like ingesting Saltpetre and Bye bye Boner?  

yeah thats a left side with some movement to it. 

I'd still not want Byram as the main part of a Miller deal tho, too much risk. 

57 minutes ago, rekker said:

Lol.  Of course he isn’t.  
Pick two of those, and they still say no.  
Not saying he isn’t worth a great prospect and a pick, but those two would be reaching for the stars 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Lock said:

He's definately not worth Newhook, Byram, and a 1st. Unless if Miller suddenly becomes McDavid, he's not going to fetch that. lol

That is a bad comparison lol. Newhook, Byram and 2 1st's will not get you anywhere near McDavid. McDavid will get you anything.

Edited by HOFsedins

6 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wouldn't worry about it. I get the sense that there's virtually zero chance Miller is moved at the deadline this year.

All depends on a team offering up a package that makes management blink as we get closer to TDL. Without that offer, we simply move him in the summer instead for something like the packages we're already seeing.

2 minutes ago, HOFsedins said:

That is a bad comparison lol. Newhook, Byram and 2 1st's will not get you anywhere near McDavid. McDavid will get you anything.

It's nice to think that he would, but if we look at the history of trades, what you're saying with the 2 1st's is only 1 1st away from what Gretzky received, and yet McSorley and Krushnelnyski went the other way. This means that Gretzky by himself did not receive Carson, Gelinas, and 3 1sts (and the $15mil which seems laughable in this day and age).

McDavid will get you a lot, but he won't get you anything. To think that would just be pure arrogance on Edmonton's part.

9 hours ago, stawns said:

Tons of guys........most notably

Nba Finals Smile GIF by NBA

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

yup very rare unless the guy was drafted by the team and played his career there, at the tail end chasing a cup, or joining a juggernaut for short term chasing a cup. Miller is neither of the first 2 and we are not a juggernaut competing for a cup either.

Until we are out of it,

We are always competing for The Cup.