The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Well, I think Miller is gone, and New Jersey is the likely place..........

Here is why...........

We keep on yacking about developing players in a winning atmosphere, well, New Jersey had a .384 winning percentage last year, and "IF" Kadri signs with New York Islanders, it will even be harder to win, with their current lineup, so I see Miller as the best option to help their team through this transition. So if that is an important factor, then something has to give. Secondly, they have Severson, who has become less important over the summer, both short term and long term, and which Vancouver sorely needs.

"IF" Kadri does not sign with the Islanders, then it gives the Devils, the incentive to actually climb over the Islanders, if he does they need someone to counter that signing, and Miller is the only guy, who really changes that competitive dynamic. they would be fighting for the 4th and 5th spots in the Eastern Conference and against the 4th place team in the Atlantic.

There will not be another "Miller" type player on the market for the next 3/4 years, that a team move, while competing............Miller is the best and most versatile player on the market.

Conversely, the Islanders are in somewhat the same spot, with a older group of players, "IF" the Islander do not sign Kadri, they don't compete, "AGAIN!", So, I feel the rumor is probably true, and he will end up on the Island. If he doesn't. look for the Islanders to be interested in Miller...............

The return will be somewhat underwhelming in some aspects................

If it's the Devils..........................Severson, a protected 2023 1st (protected), and ???????????????????

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Here is why...........

We keep on yacking about developing players in a winning atmosphere, well, New Jersey had a .384 winning percentage last year, and "IF" Kadri signs with New York Islanders, it will even be harder to win, with their current lineup, so I see Miller as the best option to help their team through this transition. So if that is an important factor, then something has to give. Secondly, they have Severson, who has become less important over the summer, both short term and long term, and which Vancouver sorely needs.

"IF" Kadri does not sign with the Islanders, then it gives the Devils, the incentive to actually climb over the Islanders, if he does they need someone to counter that signing, and Miller is the only guy, who really changes that competitive dynamic. they would be fighting for the 4th and 5th spots in the Eastern Conference and against the 4th place team in the Atlantic.

There will not be another "Miller" type player on the market for the next 3/4 years, that a team move, while competing............Miller is the best and most versatile player on the market.

Conversely, the Islanders are in somewhat the same spot, with a older group of players, "IF" the Islander do not sign Kadri, they don't compete, "AGAIN!", So, I feel the rumor is probably true, and he will end up on the Island. If he doesn't. look for the Islanders to be interested in Miller...............

If it's the Devils..........................Severson, a protected 2023 1st (protected), and ???????????????????

if it is to be the Devils, I think they'd need some kind of right side d back from us to give them some comfort in not having to rush Nemec, so that would probably be Schenn.

But if we have them over this much of a barrel, we need to shoot higher and get Bratt and Severson. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

if it is to be the Devils, I think they'd need some kind of right side d back from us to give them some comfort in not having to rush Nemec, so that would probably be Schenn.

But if we have them over this much of a barrel, we need to shoot higher and get Bratt and Severson. 

With what cap space are we taking back Bratt and Severson?

One or the other (or Marino) with some mix of Sharangovich, Holtz, Mukhamadullin, Bahl.... and their 23 1st

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Here is why...........

Do you think Rutherford & Company sit around a table and play the "what if game"? What if Kadri goes to NJD or back to the Av's? What will the NYI do then? Obviously JR & PA have had conversations with these clubs already and have some idea of where their interest and concerns are. It is like a chess board and I think your ideas about how the NJD have to react if Kadri goes to the NYI is bang on. Limited number of options which become more limited as pieces are traded. NHL GM's also know what Vancouver wants as well. Difference being is that Van has a season to play this out. Teams that want Miller need him by the beginning of the season. I think Jimmy gets what he wants.  

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Just imagine how many pages this thread will have if JT is not traded until the Trade Deadline. Every single trade proposal will somehow manage to include JT. And if the Canucks decide to keep him past the Deadline, we may reach 10,000 pages...

Heard a rumour today that mgmt and JTM both plan to only sign 1 year deals together until he finally retires because it’s awesome clickbait. 

:bigblush:

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Just imagine how many pages this thread will have if JT is not traded until the Trade Deadline. Every single trade proposal will somehow manage to include JT. And if the Canucks decide to keep him past the Deadline, we may reach 10,000 pages...

First it's Schnieder, Kakko,1st and now 10,000 pages.

Excited Hype GIF by Sound FX

There is no limit to what we can achieve together.

• Haha 4

The best option for JT is to play all situations for the Canucks, have another huge season, and hit UFA…. I don’t see a world where he is a Canuck beyond part of this season. And honestly if he is back on pace for 90ish points, there will be a lineup for him at TDL… I’d like to see the Canucks as built have until Christmas.  Maybe the likes of Myers and Pearson become desirable with good play, opening the cap for Miller?  Stranger things have happened. 

5 minutes ago, 70seven said:

The best option for JT is to play all situations for the Canucks, have another huge season, and hit UFA…. I don’t see a world where he is a Canuck beyond part of this season. And honestly if he is back on pace for 90ish points, there will be a lineup for him at TDL… I’d like to see the Canucks as built have until Christmas.  Maybe the likes of Myers and Pearson become desirable with good play, opening the cap for Miller?  Stranger things have happened. 

Myers is a great add for any postseason team that feels they have a good shot, imho. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, 70seven said:

I'd like to hear more about the stranger things that have happened

• Haha 1