The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

I don’t know if you guys noticed but millers value isn’t not NEARLY as high as we thought 

huberdeau also a pending 100 point player was one of FOUR pieces to acquire on another younger 100 point player 

maybe the league views Miller as a winger and his value is maybe a roster player and a protected 1st rounder :picard:

frustrated ryan gosling GIF

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, billabong said:

I don’t know if you guys noticed but millers value isn’t not NEARLY as high as we thought 

huberdeau also a pending 100 point player was one of FOUR pieces to acquire on another younger 100 point player 

maybe the league views Miller as a winger and his value is maybe a roster player and a protected 1st rounder :picard:

been saying for a long time now, Miller is more valuable to us than anyone else. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I mean.. 1st + Chytil + Lundkvist + Kravtsov is pretty spot on value, and its what we got offered. Id consider that a decent "haul". Maybe a different bundle of prospects b/c we have an abundance of what lundkvist could bring. 

I don't recall Kravtsov being part of the offer, but it's basically the equivalent of Raymond, Ballard, and a 1st for Miller.

7 minutes ago, billabong said:

The market right now is what it is, but the market changes, so his value could easily go back up over time, and it likely will. 

The Tkachuck trade is a statement for where the value of players are in this league, why players like kadri and Klingberg are still looking for long term deals, and why the value on players like Paccioretty and JT Miller are at an all time low… the reality that the flat cap combined with 2nd contract trend of being long term has the market upside down.  The smart play is to hold onto your assets.  I dont blame management for standing pat on player value and hoping a good scenario pops up… no reason to panic trade assets

29 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

I mean.. 1st + Chytil + Lundkvist + Kravtsov is pretty spot on value, and its what we got offered. Id consider that a decent "haul". Maybe a different bundle of prospects b/c we have an abundance of what lundkvist could bring. 

Kravstov lacks the drive to make the NHL and Lundkvist is an absolute tire fire in his own zone.  I want no part of either player.

• Vintage 2

34 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

1st + player + prospect is the typical return for a guy like Miller. It's just THIS combo is not what we need what so ever

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

That rumoured offer by 650 at the deadline of Chytil, Lundvist and a 1st/Krav was probably the best offer we are going to get.

I think we will get similar offers at the 2023 TDL.  It’s whether we will actually trade him at that point that is in question. 

45 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Where does it say we were actually offered that?   
More than likely it was insider speculation.  
3 1st round picks and Chytil.  
we aren’t getting close to that and if it was offered, it would have been accepted. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

we aren’t getting close to that and if it was offered, it would have been accepted. 

You’re forgetting that we took Miller off the market 2 weeks before the TDL.  So even if that was an offer it wasn’t accepted because we (IMHAO, our owner) didn’t want to trade our most important player because the team was getting close to a playoff spot and playing great.  We were only just allowed to fill the arena with fans, and revenue down the stretch (and potential playoff money) was extremely important at that time.  

42 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

What is the value of Lundkvist alone?    What would it cost to get him without a Miller trade...  a 2nd round pick.. would you do that?

25 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

Miller won't be traded until the Canucks finish their season ticket push.   Half Season tickets on sale soon.   If they totally screw up this trade... season ticket revenue will already be secured.  

Nice theory but that has nothing to do with him being traded or not.

The holdup is Kadri still waiting to sign and teams figuring out what their RFAs are gonna cost them. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Claiborne55 said:

What is the value of Lundkvist alone?    What would it cost to get him without a Miller trade...  a 2nd round pick.. would you do that?

If they're going for a RD of Lundkvist size, I would hope they would attempt a trade for Jordan Spence.  Maybe Garland

or Hogs would do that.

1 hour ago, Claiborne55 said:

I would not do that as he doesn’t really fit our needs, but I doubt NYR accept that either

Edited by D.B Cooper