The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Perhaps, we shall see. I just question which playoff squad is going to have space for a 5.25M aging center who's production has declined. He ain't fixing Nashville's problems for one. Colorado can do better.. 

Experience is one thing, experience without regular season production is another. If he can bounce back he'll be moveable, if he continues to play at the level he was at last season the Hawks will have a tougher time. 

I have a feeling he'll bounce back. Wasn't he out with fatigue and stuff similar to Sutter but he came back? I wouldn't count Captain Goofball out. :lol:

41 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I back.

Like to drop in every 200- 300 pages to say....

Don't trade him. 

Just some minor tweaks needed, core is ready.

2 years of playoff experience and then we win the cup in 3 years. Most everyone is then in their prime... Bo hands the cup first to Miller, place goes nuts, but JT quickly skates to Demko and the home crowd goes even wilder.

The Cup parade will be the same route as the Sun Run....down Georgia through the West End, over the Burrard Bridge, back DT via Cambie and into Rogers.

See you on page 1218

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I have a feeling he'll bounce back. Wasn't he out with fatigue and stuff similar to Sutter but he came back? I wouldn't count Captain Goofball out. :lol:

I dunno, but &^@# Jonathan Toews 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Week after week, people never seem to learn. 

It's optimism, and it's fun. That being said I don't reckon I have ever seen anyone on here describing the trade you said. If someone is targeting a number 1D prospect here it's almost always a much smaller package. In the trade you describe it's nearly always a top 4D prospect with the other parts. Which, historically isn't all that far fetched given the only concrete rumored offer we have was that exact trade.

But I guess you see what you want to see.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

It's optimism, and it's fun. That being said I don't reckon I have ever seen anyone on here describing the trade you said. If someone is targeting a number 1D prospect here it's almost always a much smaller package. In the trade you describe it's nearly always a top 4D prospect with the other parts. Which, historically isn't all that far fetched given the only concrete rumored offer we have was that exact trade.

Let’s not act like we haven’t seen countless 

Dobson, 1st, ++
Schneider, Laff, 1st

etc…..

2 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

His ass is getting traded. Value isn't there right now but who cares because he signed for another year. - Jimmy R summed up.

Hopefully JR can slap the media around when they start creating locker room drama rumors the second we go on a win streak lol

So are we keeping the rest of his body?  Maybe he can still score 70 points without his butt and we get some key assets for it...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Dobson, 1st, ++
Schneider, Laff, 1st

etc…..

Yeah lol. You would be incredibly lucky to get a Dobson or laff straight up. But unlike popular opinion, Miller's value will be sky high, with 50% retention mid season imo so yaaaa neveeeer knowwww when it comes to teams in position to win now. Contenders start to separate from the pretenders right around when JR said he wants a decision on Miller by at the latest ( month before tdl ) 

Just sayin, Cups + hall of fame. We should listen to what he's preaching. Plus the biggest thing, we know aqua is hands off or JR would be gone!!

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So are we keeping the rest of his body?  Maybe he can still score 70 points without his butt and we get some key assets for it...

Damn bruh, I'm trying to pull a fast one on Lou! Didn't you see the miss new booty music video??

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TmanVan said:

Out:

Jeff Carter 

Mike Richards

In:

Jakub Voracek

1st round pick (Sean Couturier)

3rd round pick (Nick Cousins)

Wayne Simmonds

Brayden Schenn

2nd round pick (Devin Shore)

That was a hell of a move for the Flyers in retrospect. The Canucks could make it happen but would definitely have to acquire the right pieces. 

You're right, Philly made a coupla' nice moves here..but then they'd sign Bryzy(all ca$h in the Univer$e!) or trade Bob for peanuts. Must drive Flyer fans nuts, they'll make great moves, then follow with lemons. For yrs it seems.

2 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Apparently Necas (currently penciled in on their 4th line according to Daily Faceoff) and Morrow (very solid, but unproven D prospect) is just as ridiculously optimistic as Dobson in his world.

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Dobson, 1st, ++
Schneider, Laff, 1st

etc…..

I don't even think I have seen anyone suggesting Dobson and a 1st. Pretty sure most the Dobson were pretty straight across. I do call seeing variations of the 2nd trade. But not since last season's trade deadline when a team was getting 2 years of Miller. 

6 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I don't even think I have seen anyone suggesting Dobson and a 1st. Pretty sure most the Dobson were pretty straight across. I do call seeing variations of the 2nd trade. But not since last season's trade deadline when a team was getting 2 years of Miller. 

I don’t care if you have seen them.  
There are tons, and recent in this thread.  

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Apparently Necas (currently penciled in on their 4th line according to Daily Faceoff) and Morrow (very solid, but unproven D prospect) is just as ridiculously optimistic as Dobson in his world.

I just don’t see many teams willing to pay big bucks for a 30 year old looking for a huge long term payday.   
Necas and Morrow isn’t half as crazy as most I’ve seen on here, but IMO, I just don’t see it happening.  
Im going to guess a 1st and an ok prospect is the best we get.   
Actually, my guess would be we resign him to a deal that hurts us big time in 3-4 years.