The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I think he is a lot more selfish than Petey.

The ELC player isn’t replacing the PPG forward. He gives the GM a lot more space to steer the ship right.

Remember that it’s meant Petey is the PPG forward 1C.

Horvat is quite capable 2C

Both works really well in playoffs.

Horvat par example held of most of the leagues best players with Loui and Pearson as wingers. That should be remembered as bad Loui is considered to be.

Who is this “Petey”?,.  Haven’t seen him.

Anyone who dosent show up, shouldn’t be given such high expectations.

26 minutes ago, Provost said:

Good old Juice, pumping up Miller’s trade value for us!!!

And telling the truth about a players value to his team mates and team.

highly doubt Bieska was saying that to motivate any sense of business. .  but for the reality check on what losing leadership like millers might be like.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Who is this “Petey”?,.  Haven’t seen him.

Anyone who dosent show up, shouldn’t be given such high expectations.

I trust that he shows up in a couple of yers when the real window opens. 
Now it’s only importent for those that are stressed. Those who thought a concussiondamaged Ferland was a great player for the Canucks almost only based on a game Ferland mad the fans feel bad about.

I don’t carry such baggage with me…

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

And telling the truth about a players value to his team mates and team.

highly doubt Bieska was saying that to motivate any sense of business. .  but for the reality check on what losing leadership like millers might be like.

Of course they should be careful.......they're not trying to dump him, they need a franchise altering deal

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

The post didn't say anything about wanting to lose or throw games. Only expressed a view you didn't agree with, which according to you diminishes their value as a fan. By your logic every single team that has ever sold at the trade deadline is a terrible franchise and hates their team. Which I think is pretty stupid way of looking at things. Some people are able to seperate the real world with unrealistic expectations and emotions.

You might perhaps be the living embodiment of an Oxy Moron.

57 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Kravtsof a 1st + ?

anyone want to shed some thoughts on Kravtsof?

I want Schneider. IMO, he's the piece we need.

That said, if there's a package for Chytil, Lundqvist and a couple of Robertson/Barron/Othmann on the table, (plus the 1st)... 

44 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Kravtsof a 1st + ?

anyone want to shed some thoughts on Kravtsof?

LOL what kind of offer is that? Unless the third piece is Schneider that deal is NYR spare parts for our superstar and top 15 C in the league. 

Kratsov has little value - 22 years old, has shown little improvement in the KHL, has entitlement issues, has demanded a trade... Shall I go on. Just because you were drafted high doesn't mean you still have high value. Dal Colle, Ritchie, Virtanen, Glass, Patrick all come to mind.. The Rangers are trying to include him in this because his value everywhere else is probably that of a late 2nd or 3rd round pick or a struggling prospect for struggling prospect. Like VGK and PHI did in Cody Glass for Nolan Patrick trade. So the most "value" they'll get for him is trying to include him in a trade like this. 

1st - going to be most likely in the 24 range late first still a good asset to have but it is nothing special. There is a big difference if this pick was 12th overall not 24th.

Third piece - I bet it is for a B level prospect/lower level roster player which is just an insult. Has to be Schneider at a minimum. 

I said the worst package I'd take from the Rangers is Kratsov, Schneider and a 1st. I'd much rather take Kakko, Schneider, 2nd

If we are dealing with the NYR we need to hold out for Schneider. 

A trade of Miller for Kratsov,1st and ______ could set us back for years. We need top assets and are highly likely to pan out. That current trade structure has the potential for us to not even get an NHL player for Miller, which is really really scary. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

LOL what kind of offer is that? Unless the third piece is Schneider that deal is NYR spare parts for our superstar and top 15 C in the league. 

Kratsov has little value - 22 years old, has shown little improvement in the KHL, has entitlement issues, has demanded a trade... Shall I go on. Just because you were drafted high doesn't mean you still have high value. Dal Colle, Ritchie, Virtanen, Glass, Patrick all come to mind.. The Rangers are trying to include him in this because his value everywhere else is probably that of a late 2nd or 3rd round pick or a struggling prospect for struggling prospect. Like VGK and PHI did in Cody Glass for Nolan Patrick trade. So the most "value" they'll get for him is trying to include him in a trade like this. 

1st - going to be most likely in the 24 range late first still a good asset to have but it is nothing special. There is a big difference if this pick was 12th overall not 24th.

Third piece - I bet it is for a B level prospect/lower level roster player which is just an insult. Has to be Schneider at a minimum. 

I said the worst package I'd take from the Rangers is Kratsov, Schneider and a 1st. I'd much rather take Kakko, Schneider, 2nd

If we are dealing with the NYR we need to hold out for Schneider. 

A trade of Miller for Kratsov,1st and ______ could set us back for years. We need top assets and are highly likely to pan out. That current trade structure has the potential for us to not even get an NHL player for Miller, which is really really scary. 

The proposed offer the Rangers sent is at least 3 pieces, maybe a bit bigger. The only names Pagnotta heard were thrown around were Kravtsov and a 1st. He doesn't for sure know what the whole offer was only that is was at least 3 pieces if not more.

Question is:  How does JR plan to be a playoff contender in 2-3 years? 

I'm not sure Pettersson has what it takes to go all the way anytime soon. Hoglander and Podkolzin are too green.  If they traded Miller, they would possibly finish near the bottom.  Demko can only do so much. 

Be pretty wild if they traded Pettersson and Boeser for 2-3 good Dmen, and then went on a tear.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm not sure Pettersson has what it takes to go all the way anytime soon. Hoglander and Podkolzin are too green.  If they traded Miller, they would possibly finish near the bottom.  Demko can only do so much. 

Be pretty wild if they traded Pettersson and Boeser for 2-3 good Dmen, and then went on a tear.  

Maybe we should be trading Demko?  He’s got to be worth a lot.  And he’s not making us better than a .500 club.  

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Nobody will trade 2-3 good defensemen for them while their value is low. 

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Been countless quotes he wants to remain and he has made good friends on the team. Vancouver is not some hick back country town. It’s one of the better places to raise a family. Regardless, by you not having any faith in him wanting to remain really makes me question if that is even a factor in the way you keep posting. 

The whole raising a family thing can hinge on money....especially if you get $10M more to play else where.

That's money for generations. 

Easy.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Posters here are assuming he does.

the “reasons” those ones assume and state are:

“taxes / Canadian city / non cup contender Canucks..”

The argument is created from the assumptions posters make..  this whole thread is creating trade scenarios around it,.  And what posters think management will or should do.

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I'm so confused about what a discussion board is for then

lol my thoughts exactly

he also has it wrong like HKSR

Somehow these guys have morphed this thread into defending JT from demanding a supposed trade request???

he may not want to be traded - possibly correct

however there are reasons the canucks may trade him

they are: he may not re-sign due to “salary demands / taxes / Canadian city / non cup contender Canucks..cont”

Pretty simple

Talk about missing the point

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Garbage post. You can disagree with others without going after their fandom and making it personal.

Cry a river somewhere else,.
Almost everyone else here , including yourself is in re-build mode and wants to make a trade for the promising and picks, and set us back 4-6 years.

What contracts will we deal with then?

Have we learned anything from the flailing Oilers over the years doing the same thing?

Always wanting the “next one”.. but no true veteran leadership.

@grandmasterwas questioning the posters “fan affiliation “ ..  

The season IS only half over,  and the more posters like yours, are ready to cash in , and I’m sure “tank” when we do ,.  Has me questioning the fan base too.

and why not question?

We’re all just posters here,.  It’s all quite clandestine,.  Others here have boasted how they go on other teams boards to stir up the conjecture.

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

The proposed offer the Rangers sent is at least 3 pieces, maybe a bit bigger. The only names Pagnotta heard were thrown around were Kravtsov and a 1st. He doesn't for sure know what the whole offer was only that is was at least 3 pieces if not more.

I’m betting it’s Kravtsov + 1st + Lundqvist.  Pieces that NYR don’t need right now.

28 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

lol my thoughts exactly

he also has it wrong like HKSR

Somehow these guys have morphed this thread into defending JT from demanding a supposed trade request???

he may not want to be traded - possibly correct

however there are reasons the canucks may trade him

they are: he may not re-sign due to “salary demands / taxes / Canadian city / non cup contender Canucks..cont”

Pretty simple

Talk about missing the point

I Never said anything you just stated,.  Your a bigger problem to this whole discussion.. 

creating a false narrative for others to feed on, and agree with you.. your good at it.

Nice work SuperStar.

glitter GIF

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1