The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I guess if you're not a family man...

My wife’s best friend and husband have 2 kids and live in Brooklyn.  
They LOVE it.  
New York isnt all time square.  Lol 

Having said that, they make more than enough to not live in the ‘affordable’ area of town, but like I said.  Not all time square.  

7 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

My wife’s best friend and husband have 2 kids and live in Brooklyn.  
They LOVE it.  
New York isnt all time square.  Lol 

Having said that, they make more than enough to not live in the ‘affordable’ area of town, but like I said.  Not all time square.  

I get that, but between Vancouver vs NY for raising a family?  Vancouver wins out 9 times out of 10.

IMO- unless JR gets blown away with a deal, I would essentially keep the team together and let them have another go at it next season with Petey hopefully out of his funk, a full year of bruce, hogz and podz, one year older, Hamonic (if you cannot move him) hopefully not a train wreck 

ideally in off season make minor tweaks to move pool man, Pearson and Dickinson out for some well scouted UFAs on cheaper contracts...

if we are not clearly in playoff picture next year, trade miller, garland and blow it up while keeping Hughes, demko as untouchables.

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I get that, but between Vancouver vs NY for raising a family?  Vancouver wins out 9 times out of 10.

Having visited frequently outside of NY "upstate" as they seem to call anything outside of the city.  I can say it's actually beautiful and quite affordable.  As well as being on the east coast with a far easier schedule and much more accessible travel.  Better schools etc.  It has amazing appeal for people of any age.

Seems Rags fans are super hesitant to give away Othman and Cuylle and are set on just giving away Chytil/Kravtsov and Lundkvist.  But Othman, Cuylle, Schneider, Baron and Lafrenier are 100% off limits to the fan base.

So essentially Raymond, Ballard and a 3rd is what they are willing to offer up for anything.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Seems Rags fans are super hesitant to give away Othman and Cuylle and are set on just giving away Chytil/Kravtsov and Lundkvist.  But Othman, Cuylle, Schneider, Baron and Lafrenier are 100% off limits to the fan base.

So essentially Raymond, Ballard and a 3rd is what they are willing to offer up for anything.  

Well, they don't run the team. Nice to hear they are so big on Schneider. He must be looking good.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, rekker said:

Well, they don't run the team. Nice to hear they are so big on Schneider. He must be looking good.

I asked outright what they'd be willing to give up and why.

Lol....yikes.  Glad we don't have a monopoly on poor valuation as a fan base

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/roster-building-thread-xxxvii-5-weeks-until-tdl.2870739/page-12

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/roster-building-thread-xxxvii-5-weeks-until-tdl.2870739/page-12

What did I just read?!

Buch is nowhere close to Miller level! Those Rags fans are out to lunch. 

Othmann, Schneider and 2nd rounder

Miller

Thoughts?

Maybe we take a cap dump back or retain on Miller?

If NYR dont want to cough up one of KK or AL they have to be willing to trade multiple B level prospects. 

Lundqvist is redundant with Rathbone and Hughes...

Chytil is a 3C at best and is showing signs of decline... Which is worrisome.

Kravtsov is a KHL unknown who wasn't good enough to make the Rangers and went back to Russia. Character issues. 

If I were the Canucks I wouldn't even pick up the phone from Dury until 3 days before the deadline. In fact, if I was Rutherford these offers would be straight up disrespectful 

Edited by Outsiders
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stawns said:

If you get laffy or kakko, you're getting Lundqvist or Othman, not Schneider, imo

Yep that was my point. Lunqvist comes with more of a premier forward. Schneider comes with little less of a forward.

I personally like the idea of getting Kakko or Lafreniere. Perfect LW to play with Petey.

And Lundqvist is a good defenceman, probably not going to be Hughes' partner but will be useful on this team. We can find Hughes' partner via some other means.

Laffy/Kakko-Petey-Boeser

Podz-Horvat-Garland

Dickinson-3C-Hoggy

Motte-Lammikko-Highmore

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Schenn

Hamonic-Lundqvist

Poolman

Burroughs

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, khay said:

Yep that was my point. Lunqvist comes with more of a premier forward. Schneider comes with little less of a forward.

I personally like the idea of getting Kakko or Lafreniere. Perfect LW to play with Petey.

And Lundqvist is a good defenceman, probably not going to be Hughes' partner but will be useful on this team. We can find Hughes' partner via some other means.

Laffy/Kakko-Petey-Boeser

Podz-Horvat-Garland

Dickinson-3C-Hoggy

Motte-Lammikko-Highmore

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Schenn

Hamonic-Lundqvist

Poolman

Burroughs

6 rd ... 2 ld ... hmmmm :mellow:

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Man, and some folks think the proposals around here are out to lunch. I'm more inclined to think some of the proposals I've seen in this thread are more accurate than what Rags fans would pay. They want a player like Miller without giving up a single top prospect of young player, ain't happening. Their second tier top prospects of youth, valuable or not, aren't going to be enough. 

25 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The Rangers are the ones hot for Miller.

JR didn’t call them…

If they think they can offer their scraps for Miller go look for a first line forward somewhere else.

Yup, and they're not the only team we can deal with. If Florida, Tampa, or Carolina add I could see them changing their tune right quick. 

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Reading that twitter thread and seeing what they think they'd get him for is....yikes.

No kidding right? 

They want JT, but they’re willing to offer peanuts for him. 

Rangers fans more delusional than us. LOL 

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

34 minutes ago, khay said:

Should trade for an LD.

But for this season, we are stuck with 6RD. Just one of those dumb f*ckups from JB. Letting Edler walk without a player to replace him. 

Truly one of the worse GM’s in the league.

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Man, and some folks think the proposals around here are out to lunch. I'm more inclined to think some of the proposals I've seen in this thread are more accurate than what Rags fans would pay. They want a player like Miller without giving up a single top prospect of young player, ain't happening. Their second tier top prospects of youth, valuable or not, aren't going to be enough. 

Yup, and they're not the only team we can deal with. If Florida, Tampa, or Carolina add I could see them changing their tune right quick. 

HAHAHA. 

I’d say &^@# YOU DRURY, and deal them to their Eastern Conference rivals. 

stephen colbert middle finger GIF

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

The Rangers are the ones hot for Miller.

JR didn’t call them…

If they think they can offer their scraps for Miller go look for a first line forward somewhere else.

Yeah. JR is in the driver seat here. If it’s true that the Rangers called the Canucks about Miller, then they’re the ones that are wanting him. 

Well, second tier scraps aren’t going to do it for us, that’s obvious. 

If I’m JR, I’d still insist on Schneider being the centre piece of any deal. They can throw in Kravtsov, but no way in hell should he be the centre piece of any deal for Miller. 

• Cheers 2