The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

if they trade bo and miller.. then boeser gotta go too it's a full rebuild around hughes and ep.... or management just wants a clean slate and get rid of everyone lol.. at least we'll have lots of cap space to eat bad contract for 1st rounders.. maybe we'll collect enough first rounders either this draft or next and we can trade all of them for the 1st overall for wright this year and maybe we'll be bad enough next year and either win the lottery or have a high enough 1st + couple more 1st to trade for the 1st overall and take bedard too XD

i figure if we trade bo miller boeser hughes ep demko it should net us 7-8 1st round picks! enuogh ammunition to trade for the 1st overall to whoever wins it

They're not rebuilding

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Not just that, but every team they're chasing for a divisional spot except Vegas won today, and probably only because Vegas didn't play 

And several of these teams have at least a game in hand

Winnipeg lost

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

At least we’ll be in the Bedard sweepstakes. 

Not happening, imo.  They've got plenty of good pieces and two smart deals is all it's going to take.  Everyone's on the ledge, but they've played a lot of great hockey in the last three months.........far more than bad.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

bo, hogz, dickinson to njd for zacha, Holtz, shakir

boesser and poolman to bos for Carlo, DeBrusk cap dump with a small chance of rebound, lysell, 2022 3rd

this gives us a 3C a top 4RHD and Holtz, Lysell who over the next 1-3 years will become top 6 players 

Haha, oh boy

Based on Boudreau's comments, I am really starting to wonder whether the new management team is leaning towards trading Bo instead of Miller.  Despite being captain, Bo might need a fresh start.  He's endured losing for a long time but maybe he's not the guy to lead the team out of that.  There's the option of stripping him of the captaincy, but that's a very hard thing to do too.  Bo strikes me as a much more serious guy than let's say Joe Thornton who didn't seem to be as affected by having the captaincy taken from him.  Problem for the team is I don't think Bo will net as good of a return as Miller.

I remember when past Canucks teams had players only meetings.  This wasn't always a sign of discord with coaching or management.  Sometimes it was just the players taking responsibility to figure it out together.  Maybe they have given up on that at this point which does not bode well.   Don't get me wrong - the team has done much better under Boudreau but we're still seeing the same problems crop up regularly and last night against the Ducks was a game where all the problems showed up at once.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Based on Boudreau's comments, I am really starting to wonder whether the new management team is leaning towards trading Bo instead of Miller.  Despite being captain, Bo might need a fresh start.  He's endured losing for a long time but maybe he's not the guy to lead the team out of that.  There's the option of stripping him of the captaincy, but that's a very hard thing to do too.  Bo strikes me as a much more serious guy than let's say Joe Thornton who didn't seem to be as affected by having the captaincy taken from him.  Problem for the team is I don't think Bo will net as good of a return as Miller.

I remember when past Canucks teams had players only meetings.  This wasn't always a sign of discord with coaching or management.  Sometimes it was just the players taking responsibility to figure it out together.  Maybe they have given up on that at this point which does not bode well.   Don't get me wrong - the team has done much better under Boudreau but we're still seeing the same problems crop up regularly and last night against the Ducks was a game where all the problems showed up at once.

Why would you move a guy in his prime, who will come in at a reasonable salary, allowing them to add deprh, for a guy who will be declining every year of a massive contract over a long term.  How does that make any sense?

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why would you move a guy in his prime, who will come in at a reasonable salary, allowing them to add deprh, for a guy who will be declining every year of a massive contract over a long term.  How does that make any sense?

I'm not saying I'm for trading Horvat and I'm not saying I'm pro signing Miller long term.  I am not convinced that signing Miller long term is a good idea per the expectation that he will decline basically once his next contract starts.  Might not happen, but could easily happen.

All I'm saying is that based on what coaching and management has been saying, especially the hemming had hawing about Miller, makes me wonder if they may prefer to be trade Bo.  Their talk about Miller and re-signing him might just be posturing, but it might also be real.  If that's the case, then where does Bo fit in long term?  3rd line C?  Possible, but then does making that choice move the needle enough to improve the roster?  Does a Boeser trade fix most problems without needing to change up the depth at C if they keep all of Miller, Pettersson and Horvat?

Again, I'm not for trading Bo.  I think Bo has a skill set that could work well for the team as he moves through his prime and into his declining years.  At the same time however, some of the comments from Boudreau last night seem to possibly be pointed at Bo and I'm not getting the sense that it was only from last night's game.  These problems have been ongoing and if management is underwhelmed by Bo's performance and contributions to this roster, then I'm preparing myself for him to possibly me moved out.  He might still have strong value for precisely the reasons you mentioned - still in his prime years, may be less expensive to sign after this contract, etc.

6 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

I'm not saying I'm for trading Horvat and I'm not saying I'm pro signing Miller long term.  I am not convinced that signing Miller long term is a good idea per the expectation that he will decline basically once his next contract starts.  Might not happen, but could easily happen.

All I'm saying is that based on what coaching and management has been saying, especially the hemming had hawing about Miller, makes me wonder if they may prefer to be trade Bo.  Their talk about Miller and re-signing him might just be posturing, but it might also be real.  If that's the case, then where does Bo fit in long term?  3rd line C?  Possible, but then does making that choice move the needle enough to improve the roster?  Does a Boeser trade fix most problems without needing to change up the depth at C if they keep all of Miller, Pettersson and Horvat?

Again, I'm not for trading Bo.  I think Bo has a skill set that could work well for the team as he moves through his prime and into his declining years.  At the same time however, some of the comments from Boudreau last night seem to possibly be pointed at Bo and I'm not getting the sense that it was only from last night's game.  These problems have been ongoing and if management is underwhelmed by Bo's performance and contributions to this roster, then I'm preparing myself for him to possibly me moved out.  He might still have strong value for precisely the reasons you mentioned - still in his prime years, may be less expensive to sign after this contract, etc.

Hasn't the narrative coming out in the media been that demko, Hughes, horvat and Petey are deemed untouchable?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hasn't the narrative coming out in the media been that demko, Hughes, horvat and Petey are deemed untouchable?

The only untradeable players on our team are Halak and OEL.

All others are either completely tradeable or tradeable with a few restrictions

Modified NTC

Pearson- submits a 7 team no trade list in 22/23

Myers a 10 team no trade list

Hamonic an 8 team no trade list

Ferland an 8 team no trade list in 22/23

It all comes down to what the offer is.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

They're not rebuilding

i'm not saying they are but if they move 2 of the cores then it's signaling a rebuild unless you are getting a core player back which is highly unlikely in trades involving bo and boeser.. no zacha is not a core player, and horvat will get a significantly lower package than the miller rumors

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Winnipeg lost

They did, but I was touching on the divisional race

At this point one of the divisional teams ahead of us is more likely to grab the second wildcard spot 

Probably whichever of LA and Edmonton doesn't grab the third divisional spot

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i'm not saying they are but if they move 2 of the cores then it's signaling a rebuild unless you are getting a core player back which is highly unlikely in trades involving bo and boeser.. no zacha is not a core player, and horvat will get a significantly lower package than the miller rumors

It signals a shift to the younger core and fits JR's timeline of two years.  I do think Boeser will be moved for a player of similar age, but in a position of need.......maybe a Sam Girard out of Colorado.

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

My money is on Brock or Bo to be traded..

after last nights game and no one answering to or shutting down Deslauriers.

This is a typical night of  Bo or Bricks physical prowess,  

and Millers,. Who brings it every night.

THIS has got to change:

image.png

And which player visibly quit on multiple plays last night?

horvat and Bo should be traded, in return we need a young RHD, a very strong 2 way 3C and a young skilled winger.

Then we need to trade for some more bottom 6 toughness then can go up and down the line up.

To BOS:

Boesser

Hoglander

Dickinson

To VAN:

Carlo

Lysell

Debrusk

Foligno

To NJD:

Horvat

Pearson