The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

10 hours ago, aGENT said:

I wouldn't say he has no pressure. They have a lot of kids that will be needing raises the next couple years, Strome expiring...

This may be their best chance at the highest quality, deepest team they can afford, for quite a while and with guys like Zib, Panarin, Strome, Trouba etc at their peaks.

Lose Strome this summer and they're also out a 2C. Then it starts becoming either pay to move the Kreider/Trouba contracts or lose kids you can't afford to give raises to.

They very much have a ticking clock.

Yeah. that’s true. 

But if they had to trade Troubadour or Kreisler, they could get a pretty haul back for those guys. 

Elliotte Friedman just said he thinks JT Miller is going to the Leaf on Sportsnet. I just threw up a bit in my mouth when I heard that. It is found on a video link titled ‘could maple leafs make a bigger move if Muzzin is on LTIR”

Edited by Slegr

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Elliotte Friedman just said he thinks JT Miller is going to the Leaf on Sportsnet. I just threw up a bit in my mouth when I heard that. It is found on a video link titled ‘could maple leafs make a bigger move if Muzzin is on LTIR”

For what?

Just now, Slegr said:

Elliotte Friedman just said he thinks JT Miller is going to the Leaf last on Sportsnet. I just threw up a bit in my mouth when I heard that. It is found on a video link titled ‘could maple leafs make a bigger move if Muzzin is on LTIR”

Lol, what a dumb rumor. They don't have anything we need?

• Cheers 1

From that clip it basically sounded like that is a move Elliotte would look at. Didn't say the Leafs are phoning the Canucks but that he "is on the Miller train." 

It could spice things up if the Leafs are actually serious and enter as another bidder.