NYR

Miller

VAN

Lafrenière

Schneider

Chytil or Kravtsov

1st

Nothing less.

Even if this was the Rags’ offer our owner will not allow Miller to be traded.  Miller was taken off the market, and we announced he’s being re-signed as a number one centre.  

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Even if this was the Rags’ offer our owner will not allow Miller to be traded.  Miller was taken off the market, and we announced he’s being re-signed as a number one centre.  

and continue to miss the playoffs every year because we have an owner that thinks he knows how to run a hockey team. this team have some right pieces but is so far away from being a legitimate cup contender.. good luck trying to convincing Miller to re-sign in the summer with all the question marks and uncertainty on the top 6 heading into next season.. Miller would have to be completely brainless and clueless to be re-signing in the summer without even seeing how this team will perform after all the inevitable changes in the off season.. last season we were expected to be ok after the bubble.. we finished as one of the worse team.. this year all will change with the addition.. we are finishing as a mediocre team.. next season?? if they get rid of boeser and garland.. we legit have no real top 6 forwards on this team.. and i can care less about ur zacha or domi or whomever.. those are not top line wingers maybe except in vancouver because are winger depth is non existent.

trading Miller for say Schneider 1st and kratsov or whatever doesn't mean u can't turn around and package the 1st and kratsov along with maybe a garland or boeser and trade for something bigger? or use them to get rid of poolman dickinson whomever and then use the money to sign a bigger free agent?

if we can turn Miller into Schneider.. and use that 1st to move dickinson or something.. that's literally trading Miller for Schneider along with 7-8mil worth of cap space.. that's more than enough to find a lesser replacement for miller.

7 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

What if the Rangers offered Kravtsov, Lundkvist & a 1st? Is that enough?

I don't mind either player but I feel like we need one of the bigger pieces to be involved - Lafrienere / Schneider.  I'm also intrigued by Kakko, but not sure how to rate him.

I like all these players, but outside of Lafrienere & Schneider they seem like gambles (K'Andre Miller aside, who they won't move imo). We need atleast 1 surefire piece here.

Lundkvist is arguably a better D prospect than Schneider, I'd be fine with him as part of the package (even if not the perfect fit as a Hughes partner...he can always play with OEL instead). Though Schneider is no slouch either and is a better fit. I'm just not sure we'd get him to shake loose.

As you noted later, Kravstov has likely at best, 2nd rounder or 3rd/4th piece value. I'm fine if he's in the deal as sweetener but IMO, we'd need another piece besides the 1st. A guy like Othmann, Robertson, or even the maligned Chytil would all be preferable IMO. Krav's ceiling is almost as intriguing as the amount of question marks around him though :lol:

Edited by aGENT
  • Vintage 1

17 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Sorry, but that is terrible.  

Despite what a few meatheads here say, Myers has decent value.  He isn’t a free toss in.  

No want in Debrusk.  Soft. Only really had one good year 3-4 seasons ago. 

Beecher isn’t a great prospect. 

The first is pretty low. 

That package would be underwhelming and could be better for just Miller, let alone adding Myers.  

I absolutely agree that Myers has value but he's 2 mill overpaid which diminishes that value significantly but still has some value. I think Debrusk has more value even though hes asked for a trade. He's been all over Boston's lineup. If he was permanently in the top 6, would have a lot more goals. Yes he's soft, pretty much the same player as Boeser. If we're trading Boeser for help on defence then need to bring in someone to score some goals. Not all goal scorers are like Ovie. Carlo has a lot of value. Dmen like him are hard to come by and exactly what we need. I didn't know that Beechers value has dropped since his draft. He's the type of player we need. Big and strong which is why I didn't put Lysell in the proposal. Switch Beecher with something else then. 

If Miller is to be traded, a lot of people on here are hoping he goes to the avs or rags to get their young studs. The avs and rags don't have the cap space to sign him to a Zibanejad contract. I will argue that Millers value isnt as high as some think. He's going to demand a max contract which he deserves but some teams will shy away because that takes him to his late 30's. There won't be much cap coming back where as my proposal, there is over 8 mill in cap coming back. Get a couple of guys who are entering their prime and a couple futures. Im trying to be more realistic here. I could see Miller maybe going to Columbus. You would rather a package of say Sillinger, Bodqvist and 1st? What are your thoughts of what you'd like if Millers getting traded?

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Lundkvist is arguably a better D prospect than Schneider, I'd be fine with him as part of the package (even if not the perfect fit as a Hughes partner...he can always play with OEL instead). Though Schneider is no slouch either and is a better fit. I'm just not sure we'd get him to shake loose.

As you noted later, Kravstov has likely at best, 2nd rounder or 3rd/4th piece value. I'm fine if he's in the deal as sweetener but IMO, we'd need another piece besides the 1st. A guy like Othmann, Robertson, or even the maligned Chytil would all be preferable IMO. Krav's ceiling is almost as intriguing as the amount of question marks around him though :lol:

I'm not really famillar with Lundkvist, more of an OFD? I like Schneider's game more, plus he's already in the NHL, but I guess Lundkvist does have good upside too.

Maybe I'm underselling Chytil. He would add speed but I just don't know about his upside beyond what he already is. Kravtsov I think has a real ceiling & has more to him than Goldobin, say. Buchnevich was in limbo with the Rangers at one point before breaking out. I'd love to take a flyer on Kravtsov in the deal he's got size & good tools.

If they wouldn't move Schneider or Kakko, then you'd almost want all 3 plus a 1st seeing as niether Lundkvist / Kravtsov are NHL players yet & Chytil is a 3rd liner at this stage. 

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

and continue to miss the playoffs every year because we have an owner that thinks he knows how to run a hockey team. this team have some right pieces but is so far away from being a legitimate cup contender.. good luck trying to convincing Miller to re-sign in the summer with all the question marks and uncertainty on the top 6 heading into next season.. Miller would have to be completely brainless and clueless to be re-signing in the summer without even seeing how this team will perform after all the inevitable changes in the off season.. last season we were expected to be ok after the bubble.. we finished as one of the worse team.. this year all will change with the addition.. we are finishing as a mediocre team.. next season?? if they get rid of boeser and garland.. we legit have no real top 6 forwards on this team.. and i can care less about ur zacha or domi or whomever.. those are not top line wingers maybe except in vancouver because are winger depth is non existent.

trading Miller for say Schneider 1st and kratsov or whatever doesn't mean u can't turn around and package the 1st and kratsov along with maybe a garland or boeser and trade for something bigger? or use them to get rid of poolman dickinson whomever and then use the money to sign a bigger free agent?

if we can turn Miller into Schneider.. and use that 1st to move dickinson or something.. that's literally trading Miller for Schneider along with 7-8mil worth of cap space.. that's more than enough to find a lesser replacement for miller.

I agree.  We should have traded Miller before the last TDL.  But (IMHAO our owner nixed any Miller trade because of potential revenue loss with a team that gets worse before it gets better.  If the Oilers lost 174 million during the pandemic, how much did we lose?  

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm not really famillar with Lundkvist, more of an OFD? I like Schneider's game more, plus he's already in the NHL, but I guess Lundkvist does have good upside too.

Maybe I'm underselling Chytil. He would add speed but I just don't know about his upside beyond what he already is. Kravtsov I think has a real ceiling & has more to him than Goldobin, say. Buchnevich was in limbo with the Rangers at one point before breaking out. I'd love to take a flyer on Kravtsov in the deal he's got size & good tools.

If they wouldn't move Schneider or Kakko, then you'd almost want all 3 plus a 1st seeing as niether Lundkvist / Kravtsov are NHL players yet & Chytil is a 3rd liner at this stage. 

Yeah, OFD. Was actually playing NHL games before Schneider FWIW but with Fox there, not a lot of right side, offensive minutes left over...

Schneider definately fits our "needs" more but we also need a RHd puck moving D beyond  the more defensive/2 way (but still high ceiling) guy we'd all like, to play opposite Hughes.

Maybe that comes from moving one of Boeser/Garland for Marino (something like a young Tanev)...?

Chytil, at worst, is a speedy, good sized, 2 way, mid 6 W/C. And he still has offensive upside on top of that. Think he might actually fit well with Horvat (as I do with Kapenen, who's another but low candidate FWIW).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

That would be a good trade, although they might have to add a 1st.  Lundkvist is a solid RD,

who definitely makes the Nucks next season.  I agree that Krav has a high ceiling, although that's

proven yet, but he also makes the team next season.  I think people undervalue Chytil; he's only 22 yrs

and is having a down season. His numbers are far better in the season before.  Chytil walks onto

the Nucks next season as the 3rd C(r).

Trading Miller for 3 young NHL ready players, that have a grand total of +/-5m + potential NHL

player in the 1st, would certainly make losing JT a bit easier to take.

Podz  Chy  Krav   is a decent 3rd line to start the season with.

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

When did we annonce that?

11 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Lets break it down, defense targets are; KA Miller, Schneider & Lundkvist. Forward targets are; Lafrienere, Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov.

- We'll assume Laf & Miller are off the table.

I'd demand Schneider, and prioritize Kakko/Kravtsov over Chytil. (and probably in that order).

Personally I like Kravtsov but wouldn't view him as the main piece. I'd have his value around a 2nd, like Lias Andersson was traded for when he left the Rangers. So basically a 3rd piece in the deal. I do think he has high upside/talent though & is worth a gamble.

I'm not super crazy about Lundkvist either, though he's a probably a better asset than Kravtsov. I guess I'd have my priority:

Schneider

Kakko

Kravtsov/Lundkvist

As far as Kakko I haven't seen him play, but he's got the pedigree. Hasn't done much so not worried about re-signing him, its just can he recapture his potential with a fresh start? He's already an NHL player so it would be worth a gamble. 

Schneider is preferable, but Lundqvist would be fine depending on what else is coming back. He's just not the Hughes partner I think Schneider could be, but having him on our second or third pairing (to start) wouldn't be bad. Teams need multiple players who can produce offense, he seems the type of player who could, it just means we'd have to look elsewhere for that Hughes partner. But hey, the lack of offense from D not named Hughes has really hurt us this season. 

But realistically it's not all going to fall into place over a single offseason anyway. 

I'd be fine with Kakko, Lundqvist, and a 1st. That's still great value imo. Kakko's a bit of a gamble, but if you're going to gamble a #2OA with NHL experience is the kind of player you bet on. 

I really like the idea of having another 1st this year or next, we'll need talented players on ELC's again sooner than later. Prospect pool could sure use a boost. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Me_ said:

When did we annonce that?

I'm pretty sure we never did, I don't recall seeing it at least

The deadline appears to have been one of those make me an offer I can't refuse sort of things, had we gotten that deal he might have moved but as far as anyone knows we never did 

That sort of announcement would have been big news we wouldn't have missed

Edited by Coconuts

29 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, OFD. Was actually playing NHL games before Schneider FWIW but with Fox there, not a lot of right side, offensive minutes left over...

Schneider definately fits our "needs" more but we also need a RHd puck moving D beyond  the more defensive/2 way (but still high ceiling) guy we'd all like, to play opposite Hughes.

Maybe that comes from moving one of Boeser/Garland for Marino (something like a young Tanev)...?

Chytil, at worst, is a speedy, good sized, 2 way, mid 6 W/C. And he still has offensive upside on top of that. Think he might actually fit well with Horvat (as I do with Kapenen, who's another but low candidate FWIW).

19 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

That would be a good trade, although they might have to add a 1st.  Lundkvist is a solid RD,

who definitely makes the Nucks next season.  I agree that Krav has a high ceiling, although that's

proven yet, but he also makes the team next season.  I think people undervalue Chytil; he's only 22 yrs

and is having a down season. His numbers are far better in the season before.  Chytil walks onto

the Nucks next season as the 3rd C(r).

Trading Miller for 3 young NHL ready players, that have a grand total of +/-5m + potential NHL

player in the 1st, would certainly make losing JT a bit easier to take.

Podz  Chy  Krav   is a decent 3rd line to start the season with.

You guys are turning me on Chytil. We do need speed & a 3C. The only glaring problem with Chytil is he's not good at faceoffs. (and we just went through this with Dickinson). So maybe he's not the 3C answer, but his speed valuable nonetheless.

Lundkvist, Chytil, Kravtsov & a 1st is a nice haul. 

@aGENT I also like Kapanen alot, but I think he's what he is at this point - a good middle 6 forward with speed. I'd happily take him so long as we aren't paying a premium. Ilya Mikheyev (14 goals) & Nichuskin (19 goals) are UFA's and profile similarly. It depends how much $$$ they'd all command, but Kapanen needs a new contract aswell.

If you make a trade with the Rangers that brings back multiple forwards, or even trade Garland & open up cap space, then maybe you re-visit Boeser to PIT around Marino. Boeser/Dermott for Marino/Kapanen seems like a reasonable framework.

Garland/Boeser/Miller are the trade chips, but we gotta be careful to not lose too much offense at the same time. I like the names we are discussing, but going from them to Chytil, Kravstov & Kapanen is quite the drop. 

19 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Schneider is preferable, but Lundqvist would be fine depending on what else is coming back. He's just not the Hughes partner I think Schneider could be, but having him on our second or third pairing (to start) wouldn't be bad. Teams need multiple players who can produce offense, he seems the type of player who could, it just means we'd have to look elsewhere for that Hughes partner. But hey, the lack of offense from D not named Hughes has really hurt us this season. 

But realistically it's not all going to fall into place over a single offseason anyway. 

I'd be fine with Kakko, Lundqvist, and a 1st. That's still great value imo. Kakko's a bit of a gamble, but if you're going to gamble a #2OA with NHL experience is the kind of player you bet on. 

I really like the idea of having another 1st this year or next, we'll need talented players on ELC's again sooner than later. Prospect pool could sure use a boost. 

Yeah I'd be good with that too. Who knows if Kakko is going to be a star but he's got talent. And another first is a primo asset to get. If you trade 2 of Boeser/Miller/Garland & get two 1sts, one could be flipped for a good defenseman. That's kind of how I see a turnaround happening. Getting creative with multiple moves. 

13 hours ago, Me_ said:

NYR

Miller

VAN

Lafrenière

Schneider

Chytil or Kravtsov

1st

Nothing less.

I realize why people do this - set a trade demand and then qualify it with 'nothing less' and I'm not criticizing the practice.

But in my view it is FAR more productive to set a 'parameter' of what you're looking for in a potential deal instead of identifying 'exact players/assets' that you will accept or there won't be a deal made. 

For example, instead of saying Lafreniere/Schneider/Chytil-Kravtsov/1st or nothing (which puts you in a position to not get a deal done) management would be much better off simply saying the ask is "blue-chip young roster forward, blue-chip RHD on ELC, top 6 forward, and a high pick".  This way you have a lot more flexibility when dealing with other GM's around the league who may have interest, but not necessarily the 'exact' pieces you mentioned.  

10 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yeah I'd be good with that too. Who knows if Kakko is going to be a star but he's got talent. And another first is a primo asset to get. If you trade 2 of Boeser/Miller/Garland & get two 1sts, one could be flipped for a good defenseman. That's kind of how I see a turnaround happening. Getting creative with multiple moves. 

I think at the very least he'll be a serviceable top six piece, he's got the pedigree. And hey, that's nothing to sneeze at, you need those in your lineup. Who knows what he'd do with better opportunities alongside Horvat or Pettersson, and with Hughes feeding him? 

I do think it'll take significant surgery to bring in assets and give management some cap flex. Probably Miller and one of the other two as you mentioned. 

I genuinely think we could turn around faster than people think if we were to make said moves, but we'll need to be decisive. Demko, Pettersson, Hughes, and Horvat are great pieces to restructure around. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think at the very least he'll be a serviceable top six piece, he's got the pedigree. And hey, that's nothing to sneeze at, you need those in your lineup. Who knows what he'd do with better opportunities alongside Horvat or Pettersson, and with Hughes feeding him? 

I do think it'll take significant surgery to bring in assets and give management some cap flex. Probably Miller and one of the other two as you mentioned. 

I genuinely think we could turn around faster than people think if we were to make said moves, but we'll need to be decisive. Demko, Pettersson, Hughes, and Horvat are great pieces to restructure around. 

I agree completely. We have the core plus other good pieces beyond that. The obvious comp is 07/08 to where they went, I think there's potential for that here. (Frankly this should've been a playoff team this year, so I genuinely don't think things are so grim either)

Its going to be interesting to see how they can carve out additional cap space, & then how its used. Dickinson, Poolman & Myers are the intriguing guys to me.

Dickinson & Poolman are going to be tough, maybe u can find a hockey deal where you take on a similar contract. Myers on the other-hand is interesting; an inefficient contract but a useful player. Does someone take him on at 6 for basically nothing? If you retain 1M+ could u get an asset(s)? (and is it worth retaining for an asset if you can make other moves?) I think Pearson is a guy that could be moved for sure, but I'm not sure if I want to move him.

Drance & Sat mentioned their projected to have somewhere between 16-17M in cap space (with Ferland on LTIR) w/ Boeser being the 1 major guy that's up.

Obviously they have to budget for Miller/Horvat if they are to be-resigned, but 2.4M of the Holtby/Virtanen buyouts + the Halak bonus are all coming off the cap for the following season, so there's another 3.5M or so we'll get cleared to help offset potential raises.

Trading Ferland's deal to get out of LTIR would be a solid start. I'm sure there's contending teams (TB/Vegas/Toronto/Colorado?) that could be interested.

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I agree completely. We have the core plus other good pieces beyond that. The obvious comp is 07/08 to where they went, I think there's potential for that here. (Frankly this should've been a playoff team this year, so I genuinely don't think things are so grim either)

Its going to be interesting to see how they can carve out additional cap space, & then how its used. Dickinson, Poolman & Myers are the intriguing guys to me.

Dickinson & Poolman are going to be tough, maybe u can find a hockey deal where you take on a similar contract. Myers on the other-hand is interesting; an inefficient contract but a useful player. Does someone take him on at 6 for basically nothing? If you retain 1M+ could u get an asset(s)? (and is it worth retaining for an asset if you can make other moves?) I think Pearson is a guy that could be moved for sure, but I'm not sure if I want to move him.

Drance & Sat mentioned their projected to have somewhere between 16-17M in cap space (with Ferland on LTIR) w/ Boeser being the 1 major guy that's up.

Obviously they have to budget for Miller/Horvat if they are to be-resigned, but 2.4M of the Holtby/Virtanen buyouts + the Halak bonus are all coming off the cap for the following season, so there's another 3.5M or so we'll get cleared to help offset potential raises.

Trading Ferland's deal to get out of LTIR would be a solid start. I'm sure there's contending teams (TB/Vegas/Toronto/Colorado?) that could be interested.

actually ironically another good comp is Calgary from two years ago when they missed the playoffs. Cowgary has 8 drafted players in their lineup, and built the rest via trade and free agency. I see no reason why we can't do the same thing.