The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Guest on 650 saying the Canucks have made an 8 year deal offer to Miller.  That’s got to be 7 million x 8 years?  7.5 x 8 years?  Guy saying the Canucks are just waiting on Miller.  

Huh?!  8 years? It has to be at $7 or $7.25. If it's $8, then I guess they're hooped. 

22 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

We know what Pearson's all about.  Solid, size pretty consistent 35-40 points BUT aging and has peaked, not a fast skater and not getting better.  I don't think he fits going forward.  He does have some value in a trade though. 

Höglander is quicker, younger, more potential and shows a great work ethic.  So he will progress. 

Question is, will he start the season in Abby to round out his defensive game.  That will dictate if they feel that Pearson stays or goes.  

That’s the smart move imo. He probably could have spent last year in Abby too. 

13 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Its hard to replace not just the skills of the player, but the overall presence that he carries with himself would be a huge blow to the team morale and chemistry. 

Miller's leadership and presence is the what this team will miss the most, above all the scoring, physicality, and versatility that he brings. 

What have some of you been watching?  The guy literally yells and smashes his stick at team mates, mails it in on the backcheck, tries to dangle through everybody on his own, during the covid year he didn't even attempt to put in an effort, he glided around and collected a paycheck and thought it was okay because their were no fans in the building.  Amazing player but he's a giant baby and he's not a leader

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Huh?!  8 years? It has to be at $7 or $7.25. If it's $8, then I guess they're hooped. 

That’s what I’m thinking as well.  8yrs but Canucks offering low $7Ms but Miller wants $8M.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m surprised to hear JR/Allvin are willing to go the full 8 years.  

I'm not, its the only way to drive down that AAV. 

I am surprised JT's agent isn't willing to do that. But just have to accept it for what it is. 

2 minutes ago, King Loui said:

What have some of you been watching?  The guy literally yells and smashes his stick at team mates, mails it in on the backcheck, tries to dangle through everybody on his own, during the covid year he didn't even attempt to put in an effort, he glided around and collected a paycheck and thought it was okay because their were no fans in the building.  Amazing player but he's a giant baby and he's not a leader

Probably watched Shoresy and think that's leadership.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

de Brincat?

Didn't mention him.  Can't really as he's under contract with Chicago - that would be tampering.  He did confirm that they were involved in talks with Minnesota on Fiala but Guerin was locked in with another team and stayed locked in.  

4 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

If Miller is resigned then I have a feeling we're gonna feel some big pressure to draft for our needs over BPA. Pickering? Over say Ohgren 

There's not a real consensus after the first 5 or so.  I'd be very inclined to try to trade back this draft and stockpile additional assets.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Loui said:

yeah, I saw a guy who was obviously choked with management and feeling duped for being made to believe that the team wanted to compete and then letting several important players leave for nothing, replaced with washouts. 

your take is bad. 

27 minutes ago, mll said:

In his presser that was just streamed live, Fitzgerald says that to trade 2nd overall it would take a player in the same age group as their pillars - he has been calling Hughes/Hischier their pillars for quite some time now.  He also says they have never had talks about trading Bratt.  

Yeah, I've always thought that "2OA is available for the right trade" or whatever it was, was bait for Quinn and still don't think NJ needs Miller.

If Quinn were on the table, it would take a lot more than 2OA to pry him away.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Guest on 650 saying the Canucks have made an 8 year deal offer to Miller.  That’s got to be 7 million x 8 years?  7.5 x 8 years?  Guy saying the Canucks are just waiting on Miller.  

He’s probably trying to find a good place to get a haircut and shave for the presser ;) 

• Haha 3

Just now, tas said:

yeah, I saw a guy who was obviously choked with management and feeling duped for being made to believe that the team wanted to compete and then letting several important players leave for nothing, replaced with washouts. 

your take is bad. 

And when he was coasting under Boudreau, under new management?  I like the guy and think the truth is realistically somewhere in between.

How could they possibly?

Bo is due a deserved raise next year. Pettersson, Podkolzin and Rathbone become RFAs in 3 years. Then they have current high salaries in OEL, Myers, Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes.