The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

17 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

word is Lamoriello got pissed it got leaked so he threw a tantrum and cancelled last minute. 

I would block the Islanders number after this bs. 

Word from where?  It didn’t get leaked.

There are dozens of reporters right there watching two GMs talking.  There isn’t anything to hide at that point except the details which stayed out of the news.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thrago said:

Could change in 5 min who knows, but seems to me they are so afraid to make a mistake they just don't do anything.

I mean I get it.  Their first blockbuster move with a blue chip commodity.  JT trade will most likely dictate the new managements success, or failure.  They're probably waiting on the perfect trade... but hopefully they don't burn all bridges.

2 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

Haha I get the Miller crowd really wants him to stay, but Vancouver not trading Miller (so far) has nothing to do with the lack of interest on JT which you're hoping provides a humbling experience for JT.

Maybe the right deal has not come in yet, or the new management is waiting on the homerun trade as this will reasonably be what determines their foreseeable success.

Apparently the Canucks had a deal with the Islanders but it got leaked to Friedman and Lamorelo got angry and pulled the rug on the trade.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

How not? Your team has beem trying to trade you, and no one has stepped up with a reasonable enough offer. How is that not humbling?

Well first we don't know if the Canucks are trying to trade him or if they are listening to offers.

Secondly he just scored 99 points.He knows he's almost 30 and doesn't care.

Show me the money. His agent can deal with it.

Lastly he probably has no idea what's going on. He's on a boat with his family or drinking beers with his boys right now.

Yea I don't have a good argument I just don't think it's humbling. 

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

How not? Your team has beem trying to trade you, and no one has stepped up with a reasonable enough offer. How is that not humbling?

I don't think it was ever confirmed the management is shopping JT, and even if they were, them holding back for the perfect trade doesn't mean there is a lack of interest for JT.

If you are hard on keep Miller camp, there must be a reason or many, and I'm sure other GMs in the league also value that in JT.  

At this point, it's probably the Canucks management holding back more than anything.

I’ve always thought NYR and since they don’t have a 1st the draft today means nothing if they’ve tabled the best offer.  

Canucks could just be waiting to see if anyone else bucked up with a 1st+ as well.  

Just now, Chris12345 said:

Well first we don't know if the Canucks are trying to trade him or if they are listening to offers.

Secondly he just scored 99 points.He knows he's almost 30 and doesn't care.

Show me the money. His agent can deal with it.

Lastly he probably has no idea what's going on. He's on a boat with his family or drinking beers with his boys right now.

Yea I don't have a good argument I just don't think it's humbling. 

Huh? Of course the Canucks have tried to trade JT. That's ridiculous. They are listening to offers, the offers are poor because teams don't believe enough in JT. That would be humbling.

3 minutes ago, T.Demko said:

I don't think it was ever confirmed the management is shopping JT, and even if they were, them holding back for the perfect trade doesn't mean there is a lack of interest for JT.

If you are hard on keep Miller camp, there must be a reason or many, and I'm sure other GMs in the league also value that in JT.  

At this point, it's probably the Canucks management holding back more than anything.

Meh. If JT's value was high, the offers would of been high as well. They haven't been. Is what it is. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

How so?

Because rumours and speculation persist about deals that may or may not happen ?

Because in roughly 7 months all they've managed to do was move Motte for a late draft pick. 

Team has not improved in any way. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

Huh? Of course the Canucks have tried to trade JT. That's ridiculous. They are listening to offers, the offers are poor because teams don't believe enough in JT. That would be humbling.

I disagree but we can exit there.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Meh. If JT's value was high, the offers would of been high as well. They haven't been. Is what it is. 

Everything at this point is rumor and speculation since nothing has been confirmed.  It will also be that way until a firm trade materializes... that is the nature of this business.  Hence why, although some are credible, "insiders" spin-off bull$&!# with some truth to keep the readers interested and clicking.  

Your scenario may be true, where there has not been any good offers... or, it could just equally be true that some solid offers have been made, but the Canucks management are trying to constantly up the ante.  That is usually the case when you hold a valuable commodity... you just have to be careful you don't run out of time, and you don't burn bridges along the way.  

Regardless of what the scenario is, we're just stating there is nothing in this scenario where JT should be humbled.  No one really knows what type of offer is on the table, or how many.  The Canucks Management holding back, for whatever reason it may be, does not equate to a lack of interest in J.T. around the league.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1