The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, if Miller gets traded below what this board perceives as market value, or signs for 9 million + for 8 years, are there assigned buildings that CDC members are going to throw themselves off of, or its it first come, first jump still?

;)

Man eight years 9M plus, I would certainly ring my hands and generally complain. Then again that’s what I do now so :frantic:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, aliboy said:

We either trade him now or re-sign him now, nothing else makes sense.

I figure we're either going to:

#1 Resign him and live with it

#2 Trade him and live with it

Other option worth considering...

#3 Get wiped out by a big rock from space like the Dinosaurs did.

#4 Similar to above but involves us starting an intergalactic war because of "spying" with the our shiny new space telescope.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Man eight years 9M plus, I would certainly ring my hands and generally complain. Then again that’s what I do now so :frantic:

That would be worse than anything Jimbo #1 did. Yes, even worse than drafting Olli “fetal position” Juolevi. :blink:

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Or we do the right thing and get what he is worth when a team sees no other way to get a top 15 player and calls.Or someome gets hurt pre season and they crawl begging for a deal

Edited by cripplereh
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

#4 Similar to above but involves us starting an intergalactic war because of "spying" with the our shiny new space telescope.

Didn't JR say Miller needs to be traded if they can't extend him earlier? Haven't had a chance to listen to the interview 

But personally I'm rooting for giant rock

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I feel no different from the Benning era thus far

Trade 3rd rounder for project player you don't really seem to need - check

Go into draft with 6 picks and no 2nd - check

Spend money you don't have on a winger in free agency - check

Not gathering assets from pending UFA - check?

Don't fix the defense - check?

• Cheers 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Didn't JR say Miller needs to be traded if they can't extend him earlier? Haven't had a chance to listen to the interview 

But personally I'm rooting for giant rock

Yes, ppl need to absorb what has been said. JR clearly said if they can’t sign him they will be actively trying to trade him and get an asset back. He will not walk with no return. 

Hopefully this soothes the spazzing! Haha

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Yes, ppl need to absorb what has been said. JR clearly said if they can’t sign him they will be actively trying to trade him and get an asset back. He will not walk with no return. 

Hopefully this soothes the spazzing! Haha

Nor should he, this needs to be resolved this summer. We can't lose top assets for nothing, I'm glad management sees that.

I'd take a good package instead of a home run package over letting him walk, playoff spot or no.

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Impatient fan base wanting a playoff contender overnight - check. 

Yeah, I can understand and sympathize with fan frustration. But I think it would do a lot of folks some real good to realize that what they are perpetuating is emotional carryover from the past and not based in the status quo. 

it doesn’t matter if a previous GM or two “let you down” when it comes to this franchise and your hopes and dreams.

The current group deserves time to establish their own identity. 

it’s like entering a relationship and the casting all these projections from the past onto your new partner. You’re predicating/expecting failure to control your own comfort and validity.

It’s a tad bit redonkulous to be placing so much expectation and demand on the current mgmt group to overhaul the roster, the cupboard and cap so soon. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, King Loui said:

Overnight?  More like 50 so odd years bud 

Exactly. You’re applying 50 years against 6 months. It’s not fair, equal or even relatable, but you’re choosing to identify if that way because you feel you’re owed something for being a longtime fan.

each time there’s a reset, you need to reset too. 

43 minutes ago, King Loui said:

I feel no different from the Benning era thus far

Trade 3rd rounder for project player you don't really seem to need - check

Go into draft with 6 picks and no 2nd - check

Spend money you don't have on a winger in free agency - check

Not gathering assets from pending UFA - check?

Don't fix the defense - check?

E72B331A-0785-45C0-8157-1A795FE7E86D.gif

7 minutes ago, King Loui said:

Overnight?  More like 50 so odd years bud 

I hear you. But for the new management, just 6 months or so.  They are not beating around bush and said they want to turn this team to a contender in 2-3 yrs.  JR was asked this again by Dhali and he said it again.  Around 13:20 mark:

They admit the D issue and said it won't be a quick fix and will take time. They don't go on live mic and say they are "living day to day" like the last management.  I also trust that when JR said his tenure is also about managing up, or else he won't take the job.  AQ should have less say and interference, or else he will walk.  The biggest difference this time is we actually have a hall of famer builder running the team for the first time. And that gives me hope.  

I was excited when JB got hired and wanted him to succeed. Too bad he left quite a bit of mess and now the new management need to clean it up, and bad contracts are not easy to fix.  

4 hours ago, Jester13 said:

If teams aren't currently willing to part with a young RHDman as a main piece, I'm not so optimistic that they'll be willing when they're in the hunt at the TDL. Add this to what you also mentioned, and these are all valid reasons for the current impatience around Miller. 

They're waiting on unrealistic trade returns.

If we're trading Miller, keep it simple, suck the 50% back, and don't ask for current talent off a team that is trying To Win The Stanley Cup.

In other words, get other things we like in the Miller trade.

And get rhds etc by other means.

Fans don't run the team.

• Vintage 1