The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I think JT will still be nux after 1000 pages on this thread. 

Just now, Warhippy said:

Let's discuss what that could mean for the season.

So for the roster, this is essentially the team Benning built.  Not sure we can expect career seasons from hughes, Demko, Miller, Horvat again.

So I'd say we're still at best a bubble team and disappointed that wheeling dealing JR did nothing with his track record

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I think JT will still be nux after 1000 pages on this thread. 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

The roster

Again, the team Benning built.

Miller insulates Pettersson who I still think is not a 1st line centre.  Keeping him gives Petey some leeway to grow and take risks.

But the team leans on Miller far to much.  Look at that record with miller scoring a point.  It's dreadful.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So for the roster, this is essentially the team Benning built.  Not sure we can expect career seasons from hughes, Demko, Miller, Horvat again.

So I'd say we're still at best a bubble team and disappointed that wheeling dealing JR did nothing with his track record

Well, it's not a rebuild, so the core is the same. 

The bottom 6 is a bigger change, and it won't be the same as JBs team.  Less changes in D with Harmonic traded, and Hunt out etc. Not to mention almost completely new coaching staff, trainers, and from office. 

JR said from day one that the right 1-2 players can change the trajectory of the team.  A complete make over is not needed. 

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Miller insulates Pettersson who I still think is not a 1st line centre.  Keeping him gives Petey some leeway to grow and take risks.

But the team leans on Miller far to much.  Look at that record with miller scoring a point.  It's dreadful.

Agree.  Best case scenario is we keep him with a palatable extension.  He's a difference-maker.  But, if he won't sign an extension, we absolutely have to trade him, especially if there's a young D out there to grab.

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Miller holds Petey back in a bad way nowadays. 
You will see what I mean if Miller is traded.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

that’s a hot take around here. 
your lips to sky faerie’s ears. 

I saw Millers act before but when he put his hand on Peteys neck it got awkward. 

So you think I should put this opinion in ”What are your unpopular Canuck opinions?”?

6 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I saw Millers act before but when he put his hand on Peteys neck it got awkward. 

So you think I should put this opinion in ”What are your unpopular Canuck opinions?”?

What's this?

Got a vid or anything about this neck thing?

• Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Someone posted a pic/vid on this forum.

It was during the season so I don’t know where it is now.

Something similar to how you hold the hand on an animals neck to show dominance. 

image.gif.2d78b4b9813c7425c354137a4289a38e.gif

• Vintage 1