The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

10 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

It’s entirely possible that the Canucks overplayed their hand in Miller. Not a ton of teams left who would pay the kind of prices he would have got at the deadline or the draft.

I think there's lots of teams left that would want JT Miller, especially in the East where it has turned into a nuclear arms race.  

I wouldn't feel comfortable with my team if I'm Boston, Rangers, Islanders, or Capitals.  Could be very likely that two of those teams end up missing the playoffs. However the cap space is at a premium now and the type of deals that are possible have shrunk.  We will most likely be taking back almost the equal amount of salary as we're shipping out.  

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think there's lots of teams left that would want JT Miller, especially in the East where it has turned into a nuclear arms race.  

I wouldn't feel comfortable with my team if I'm Boston, Rangers, Islanders, or Capitals.  Could be very likely that two of those teams end up missing the playoffs. However the cap space is at a premium now and the type of deals that are possible have shrunk.  We will most likely be taking back almost the equal amount of salary as we're shipping out.  

Lots of teams want him for sure. Are they willing to pay the price necessary to get the Canucks to pull the trigger though? And if the Canucks don’t allow him to discuss an extension with other teams (which they already should have done imo) the offers will probably be limited. 

It feels an awful lot like it could end up being the “We ran out of time hoping for a playoff run” scenario. Miller is not signing a reasonable contract in Van imo.

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Rumour has it that Carolina offered Necas in a package for Tkachuk. He might be a available.

A package of Necas and Morrow would be a great return. Still think Carolina might be our best trading partner.

Agree 

8 hours ago, RWJC said:

image.gif.2d78b4b9813c7425c354137a4289a38e.gif

Bull, it wasn’t me that posted the incident.

7 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Sorry Timrafan, didn't mean to provoke such a backlash.

In Miller's defense though, Petey does show a lot of neck to grab.

Not as much as Myers of course, but not as much 'girth' as Myers either.

Backlash? It’s kind of my day posting with neanderthals. You should watch the response when I’m talking with flat earther and such. B)
The guy posted the incident thought it was an odd thing also.

The incident can be interpreted in a few more ways but since this forum is kind of locked down regarding psychology it’s not any good idea to take it further.

7 hours ago, Player Name said:

I know which clip/video you're talking about, but I don't remember enough details to find it.

I think it was a scene on the bench when a Canucks player was about to score on a breakaway or something similar.

Everyone on the bench was really excited and Miller looked like he had his hand on the back of Petey's head in excitement lmao.

Thanks for remembering it… Sometimes on this forum it seems as there is a collective memory loss.

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Bull, it wasn’t me that posted the incident.

Backlash? It’s kind of my day posting with neanderthals. You should watch the response when I’m talking with flat earther and such. B)
The guy posted the incident thought it was an odd thing also.

The incident can be interpreted in a few more ways but since this forum is kind of locked down regarding psychology it’s not any good idea to take it further.

Thanks for remembering it… Sometimes on this forum it seems as there is a collective memory loss.

Hope you know I’m just giving you a hard time. We’ve gone back and forth on things like this before and I always appreciate you and your takes on things 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Pears said:

Sorry but making a deal for the sake of making a deal is bad business. I’m keeping my 99 point 1st line player over trading him for garbage thanks. 

No problem. We're very bad at planning for the future and it doesn't appear we're getting any better. We'll never win anything at this rate. So many fans willing to accept mediocrity. Why would management/ownership ever change?

Keeping him out of spite though ... great plan ...

... never learn Canucks fans. Never learn it's so adorable. 

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

No problem. We're very bad at planning for the future and it doesn't appear we're getting any better. We'll never win anything at this rate. So many fans willing to accept mediocrity. Why would management/ownership ever change?

Keeping him out of spite though ... great plan ...

... never learn Canucks fans. Never learn it's so adorable. 

On the flip side Canuck fans don’t know what they have until it’s gone. Unless the return is great, the loss of Miller would be devastating and destroy this team. Kiss Petey goodbye in 2 years as well. He made it clear he is gone if the team is bad at contract renewal time.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

All of the trade proposal ideas for Miller over the last 6 months, dreaming of adding some good prospects, 1st round draft pick, good young players. 

Now it looks like JR/PA are prepared to take a swing at playoffs with Miller and then if he walks at the end of the season, oh well. Heck of a gamble. 

I don't think a Miller trade is going to happen. JR/PA are probably afraid how the team will do without him. 

I guess no playoffs and Miller walking after next season would be considered a disaster, huh?

JR and Co will sell going for it this year to our gullible fan base quite easily. Then after we miss the playoffs and Miller walks they will push the retool on the fly. :frantic:

We know this is happening. It's going to be funny when we miss the playoffs after a bunch of fans arguing that this is why it's so important to keep Miller. @mediocrehockeyforever

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

JR and Co will sell going for it this year to our gullible fan base quite easily. Then after we miss the playoffs and Miller walks they will push the retool on the fly. :frantic:

We know this is happening. It's going to be funny when we miss the playoffs after a bunch of fans arguing that this is why it's so important to keep Miller. @mediocrehockeyforever

I will still bank my money on this management group over a fan like you.

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Now I am the most antisocial-media person out there but shouldn’t that be #mediocrehockeyforever #Leafsplan?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

On the flip side Canuck fans don’t know what they have until it’s gone. Unless the return is great, the loss of Miller would be devastating and destroy this team. Kiss Petey goodbye in 2 years as well. He made it clear he is gone if the team is bad at contract renewal time.

He's gone regardless ... so team destroyed I guess. Hopefully Seattle has some room for new fans.

Surely there is a way the world and the Canucks keep turning without Miller. There are also ways teams win hockey in this world without JT Miller. There are also ways in which Pettersson re-signs without JT holding his hand.

If missing the playoffs is something we have to contemplate without the legendary JT Miller so be it. Oh wait we've only made the playoffs once by fluke in every year JT has been here anyway.

The funniest part of this is when we lose JT for nothing and miss the playoffs anyway. Can't wait. Lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

That was essentially the point I was making. Since the Market sucks then the better thing to do is hold on and continue to try and re-sign. 
I doubt what an agent calls a realistic path and what we do are the same thing. More money, more term=realistic to agent. 
‘The point on Huberdeau is he is very comparable to JTM, essentially same age, both wingers really but Hub has been the bigger scorer and more consistent player, yet his value is still only as one of 4 pieces to a much larger package for a player younger and only arguably minimally better. 
‘This off-season the value of cap space has shot up to being the most valuable asset out there. I am glad we haven’t been burning assets to clear space, that is the Benning path. 
‘It is slow, it is frustrating but giving a bit more time for some of Benning’s mistakes to lessen and rebuild the franchise is unfortunately necessary. 

there's a huge difference between weegar/hub vs Tkatchuk.. let's just say calgary is able to keep them.. and let's just say they all get to 31 before starting to decline.. u get 2 years of prime hub 3 years of prime weegar.. vs let say tkatchuk also starts declining at 31.. that's 7 years of prime out of tkatchuk.. 7 prime years vs 5.. not to mention hub and weegar both would be looking for a massive payday on their final contract that more than likely would be similar to Miller age horribily if signed to 6-7+ years.. if chucky is a 90ish point player for the remainder of the 8 years.. it's well worth even if he doesn't break 100+ again.. i dunno if u can say the same about hub/miller when they are 32 33 34 35 36 making 8+ in the 50-70 point range.

if there's a 24 year old rfa in the 90-100+ point range that is not chucky? i'm sure the canucks would easily be exploring moving Miller 1st rathbone and something equivalent to weegar for if they can get him to sign for 8 years.

24 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He's gone regardless ... so team destroyed I guess. Hopefully Seattle has some room for new fans.

Surely there is a way the world and the Canucks keep turning without Miller. There are also ways teams win hockey in this world without JT Miller. There are also ways in which Pettersson re-signs without JT holding his hand.

If missing the playoffs is something we have to contemplate without the legendary JT Miller so be it. Oh wait we've only made the playoffs once by fluke in every year JT has been here anyway.

The funniest part of this is when we lose JT for nothing and miss the playoffs anyway. Can't wait. Lol

I can't wait til you are gone and become a Seattle fan.  Maybe you should leave now.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1