The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Sure, but that doesn't provide any new cap flexibility for Vancouver. 

A few hundred K here, a few hundred K there, improved D and faster players (plus the option to move out other D with better, younger, faster players). Our cap issues aren't likely to be solved in one move. We'll have to chip away at it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Still think LA is the team that wants Brock the most.

Brock + 1st (2022)  for  Turcotte + Grans + 2nd (2022)

Unfortunately, the Kings' contracts are so solid that they have no 'dumps' to add.  They would probably

want to do  Brock  for Kempe + Grans + 2nd  (make it a 1st might make it work for Van).

Kempe   Pete   Garland

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Unfortunately, the Kings' contracts are so solid that they have no 'dumps' to add.  They would probably

want to do  Brock  for Kempe + Grans + 2nd  (make it a 1st might make it work for Van).

Kempe   Pete   Garland

We are already going to be in LTIR so maybe we can take Edler back to retire a Canuck

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, stawns said:

Landeskog out long term.........Boeser for Byram?  High risk, very very high reward if he can get back.

I'd do Boeser for Sam Girard too

If anything I think that makes a Miller trade more likely then Boeser. Landy and Miller play a more similar game then Boeser. 

8 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Mcbain is apparently not willing to sign with Min. 

I think Van should ask for addison+ mcbain+ Frédéric Gaudreau (cap) for Boeser %50 retained.

It is a great chance to get 2 young studs one being a RHD and the other being a potential top 6 C

The Wild are asking for a 2nd round pick for McBain per Russo and other insiders.   The Wild aren't looking to change their active roster per Guerin, who made it also very clear that he is not in the slightest interested in giving up futures or prospects that they've worked hard to acquire.  Boeser would also be an ill-fit in Minnesota - doesn't have the skating speed and he's not a play driver.  Guerin also mocked the idea of targeting local players and even complained about players wanting to be in Minnesota for personal reasons over hockey reasons.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, J-23 said:

Sticking with the unpopular opinion.

Want to see Boes moved for a defence man and Domi signed.

Also think we should sell high on Pearson and Motte.

There has been talk on the hfboards as of late with the Pens dman Freidman being a rhd playing his offside over Petterson and POJ. Sullivan said its because Freidman has been playing good but maybe something's there with the trade deadline soon. One poster suggested Boeser for Kapanen POJ and a pick. 

I would like to see a deal of Pearson for Debrusk although Pearson has a NTC. 

With regards to Motte, there's rumours that Tampa are really interested, well who isnt. Something around Motte and Schenn for Callan Foote +. Sign Motte in the off season. 

On 3/12/2022 at 11:11 AM, higgyfan said:

Kempe   Pete   Garland

I'm thinking this too. LA have a few RD prospects (Clarke, Grans, Durzi) and a lot of C prospects (Kupari, Vilardi, Byfield, Turcotte, etc)

• Cheers 1

On 3/12/2022 at 11:46 PM, mll said:

The Wild are asking for a 2nd round pick for McBain per Russo and other insiders.   The Wild aren't looking to change their active roster per Guerin, who made it also very clear that he is not in the slightest interested in giving up futures or prospects that they've worked hard to acquire.  Boeser would also be an ill-fit in Minnesota - doesn't have the skating speed and he's not a play driver.  Guerin also mocked the idea of targeting local players and even complained about players wanting to be in Minnesota for personal reasons over hockey reasons.

I think by now, it's clear that Wilds don't want Boeser.

At 7.5 mil QO and with pending buyout caps coming on the books, don't think they would acquire him just because he is from Minnesota.

Boeser is a good player but he needs to become more physical to be effective, especially given his skating issues. 

Although he has been disappointing of late, if we can re-sign him at 6.5 mil, I'd like to keep him. He's good for 20-30 goals 50-60 points

11 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Rick on Donnie and Dhali today regarding Boeser...

"I keep hearing though the canucks, both sides would like to cut a new long term deal. They are gonna try though"

This makes no sense.  "Both sides would like to cut a new long term deal.  They are going to try though".  Did Dalli mean "AND" they are going to try?

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Rick on Donnie and Dhali today regarding Boeser...

"I keep hearing though the canucks, both sides would like to cut a new long term deal. They are gonna try though"

Long term deal at around 6 mil is great!

Anything above that and you’re talking about money for impact players. Boeser is not an impact player, but rather a good support player.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

On 3/12/2022 at 11:11 AM, higgyfan said:

Kempe   Pete   Garland

I doubt they move Kempe, also, I would prefer Brock faber over grans, but that's just me, I like the outline of your trade, moving brock and our first and getting a high end, essentially read-now player in Turcotte and an organization positional need in grans

32 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Anything above that and you’re talking about money for impact players. Boeser is not an impact player, but rather a good support player.

boeser realizes how hard it is to play in this league and realizes he should just take some money and sign long term

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Boeser is a guy we could sign to the full 8 years to better spread out the cap.  6.25x8.  That's 50 million guaranteed money for Boeser.  I think he signs that deal.  

• Vintage 1