The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Trades for 4C or 4RW are depth moves, minor moves really. 

I think JR probably has to do some sort of move to upgrade the backend if we’re going to survive the second half of the season. You can’t be riding Myers 25-30 min, OEL 25 min and Hughes 26+ min and think their quality of play is going to continue to be on par in the second half. And that’s an important half of the season since they’ll continue to have to make ground and push for a playoff position in the second half of the season. 

Myers looks like he plays better with lots of minutes. 

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I wonder if it actually helps him, knowing he will be playing a lot of minutes, to just simplify his game.  Sort of a constant reminder to play within his game and not try to do too much.

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

I can’t remember if he played a ton of minutes under Green. But I remember him not being as efficient and stable as he has been under Bruce. 

You only move out one of our top end guys for a D or C piece. Dobson/Schneider/Lundell/Kakko/Laff/

Etc. If you can get a hometown Barzal you obviously entertain the idea as well. RHD should be our biggest want in a trade to play with Hughes. If you can trade a Hoglander for a D equivalent you entertain that as well. Rathbone should also be on the block for another D with the same upside, but different skill set. 
Miller/Hoglander/Rathbone 

for Dobson/Barzal 

I’d make that offer and see if anything sticks to the fridge. 

Edited by KyGuy123

6 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

You only move out one of our top end guys for a D or C piece. Dobson/Schneider/Lundell/Kakko/Laff/

Etc. If you can get a hometown Barzal you obviously entertain the idea as well. RHD should be our biggest want in a trade to play with Hughes. If you can trade a Hoglander for a D equivalent you entertain that as well. Rathbone should also be on the block for another D with the same upside, but different skill set. 

for Dobson/Barzal 

Islanders won’t bite on that. They would want more IMO.

31 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Islanders won’t bite on that. They would want more IMO.

agreed, when you break it down i don't see it. Miller for Dobson I can see getting done. But Barzal for Hog's and Rathone is rejected, as would be Miller for Barzal.

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

agreed, when you break it down i don't see it. Miller for Dobson I can see getting done. But Barzal for Hog's and Rathone is rejected, as would be Miller for Barzal.

Why would they even do that?  

NYI seem far away from making the post-season so they look more on their way to be sellers this TDL.  In the off-season Miller will only have 1 year left to UFA and if they continue to struggle why would he consider extending with them.

NYI's is struggling in part because their D-corps is too weak.  Hard to see them bringing back Chara and Greene.  If they move Dobson, they would be left with only 3 regular NHL Ds for next season - Pulock, Pelech and Mayfield who is also 1 year to UFA.  

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, mll said:

Why would they even do that?  

NYI seem far away from making the post-season so they look more on their way to be sellers this TDL.  In the off-season Miller will only have 1 year left to UFA and if they continue to struggle why would he consider extending with them.

NYI's is struggling in part because their D-corps is too weak.  Hard to see them bringing back Chara and Greene.  If they move Dobson, they would be left with only 3 regular NHL Ds for next season - Pulock, Pelech and Mayfield who is also 1 year to UFA.  

it depends on the reason why they are having a bad season. if they think Miller can help right the ship then why not? we don't know what their internal decision making will be or if they will be sellers for the sake of just picks.

They have the most anemic F group for goals in the league right now, Miller would certainly help them. That isn't all a d group problem.

Edited by JM_

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

it depends on the reason why they are having a bad season. if they think Miller can help right the ship then why not? we don't know what their internal decision making will be or if they will be sellers for the sake of just picks.

They are so far back with only 21 points.  Don't see them giving up their best D prospect for hope over building a team that can compete for the longer term.   

Just now, mll said:

They are so far back with only 21 points.  Don't see them giving up their best D prospect for hope over building a team that can compete for the longer term.   

could be. I don't see them blowing it up tho either. If they can get a good extension out of Miller he does help that F group a lot, they are just so easy to shut down. That has to be fixed somehow.

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

could be. I don't see them blowing it up tho either. If they can get a good extension out of Miller he does help that F group a lot, they are just so easy to shut down. That has to be fixed somehow.

They already have a fair bit of cap tied up front.  Lee 7M, Nelson 6M, Pageau/Palmieri/Nelson at 5M and Barzal is 7M on his bridge.  Could see them more trying to make a hockey trade to change the make-up up front then creating a hole on D.  They've also been rumoured to be looking for a puck moving D to replace Leddy per Staples.  

Edited by mll
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, KyGuy123 said:

for Dobson/Barzal 

I would not be trading Hoglander  for Scneider 6'1, 20 NYR prospect playing for Hartford AHL GP 21 -- 8 pts..No NHL games still could be a bust?????

I would trade for Dobson 21 , 6'3 has played NHL games up. side looks much better...

On 12/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, N4ZZY said:

Trades for 4C or 4RW are depth moves, minor moves really. 

I think JR probably has to do some sort of move to upgrade the backend if we’re going to survive the second half of the season. You can’t be riding Myers 25-30 min, OEL 25 min and Hughes 26+ min and think their quality of play is going to continue to be on par in the second half. And that’s an important half of the season since they’ll continue to have to make ground and push for a playoff position in the second half of the season. 

To be fair they havent had a healthy d since green

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Can we close this thread now? New management and new coach. They like Boeser. 

Decisions still need to be made around Boeser though. Contract's due for renewal, 7.5m QO, not a great skater, holes elsewhere in the roster, and Nucks unlikely to make the playoffs. Given all that, a new rumour and thread will start soon enough if this one's closed. I'd be surprised if anything happens in the next month or two unfortunately there's also a good chance of not being much actual hockey to distract us.

6 hours ago, mll said:

They already have a fair bit of cap tied up front.  Lee 7M, Nelson 6M, Pageau/Palmieri/Nelson at 5M and Barzal is 7M on his bridge.  Could see them more trying to make a hockey trade to change the make-up up front then creating a hole on D.  They've also been rumoured to be looking for a puck moving D to replace Leddy per Staples.  

I don't think they could solve all their problems with Miller, but he does bring an element they are lacking. 

I wonder if they'd have any interest in Rathbone as part of the package?