The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

35 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Boeser and Rathbone to Buffalo 

For Owen Power and a 2nd round pick in 22 or 23.

(watchin the WJC ) the kid is blue chip.

Why in the heck would we give up all that for Dana friggin’ Murzan?  Power is a SLUGEROO!  Slow feet.  

• Haha 1
  • Wat 4

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Why in the heck would we give up all that for Dana friggin’ Murzan?  Power is a SLUGEROO!  Slow feet.  

I haven’t seen him play a lot, and it is hard to judge guys in lower leagues to determine NHL speed… but all the scouting reports I have seen say he not only skates well “for a guy his size”… he skates well period.  A number of them have also talked about him being good enough enough to play as either a D or top 6 power forward.

What other intel do you have beyond the main scouting reports?

“Power is an excellent skater in all directions for a defender of any size. The fact that he’s 6-foot-5 adds additional problems to opponents trying to knock him off the puck, but the truth is that Power can be both graceful and nimble while motoring up ice at top speed. His movements are fluid and pivots are effortless, and Power’s first step in any direction seems to catch opponent’s by surprise. What shouldn’t come as a shock is his exceptional balance, as Power can lug the puck up ice with a body or two draped over his back. The puck is on his stick a lot during a given game but intense pressure or a physical forecheck never seem to faze him. Power can put the perfect touch on any pass over any distance in any situation.”

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

On 12/26/2021 at 5:48 PM, SilentSam said:

Boeser and Rathbone to Buffalo 

For Owen Power and a 2nd round pick in 22 or 23.

(watchin the WJC ) the kid is blue chip.

Buffalo laughs at us all the way to the bank. 

I wonder with Power, whether that makes Dahlin expendable?

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Buffalo would be stupid to move Power, especially with them being at the bottom. You don't move a guy who was drafted 1st overall a year ago, particularly a player with 1D potential like Power, plus a 2nd, for a complimentary top six winger and potential in Rathbone. 

If I were a betting man I'd say probably not, if they're ever going to get out of their Edmonton level futility they're going to need high end D and Dahlin's still a great player. They need to do a better job insulating them though, bolstering their D should be a priority. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Vintage 1

Yeah they do

Nope it doesn’t.

Who wouldn’t want those two on their d line for years to come? 
They are the only two shiny spots on that team and will be built around. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Yeah they do

Nope it doesn’t.

Who wouldn’t want those two on their d line for years to come? 
They are the only two shiny spots on that team and will be built around. 

Considering Dahlin is a Green Jacket winner, and Power is the next Dana Murzin, who wouldn’t want those two?  Wow!  Two guys who are slow as slugs are perfect for defending in the modern NHL.  

No chance in hell would we trade a superstar goal scorer for either of those two craperolla bonsais. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Considering Dahlin is a Green Jacket winner, and Power is the next Dana Murzin, who wouldn’t want those two?  Wow!  Two guys who are slow as slugs are perfect for defending in the modern NHL.  

No chance in hell would we trade a superstar goal scorer for either of those two craperolla bonsais. 

It’s the holidays!   Don’t worry Alf…..   I’m half buzzed already too!   

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Buffalo would be stupid to move Power, especially with them being at the bottom. You don't move a guy who was drafted 1st overall a year ago, particularly a player with 1D potential like Power, plus a 2nd, for a complimentary top six winger and potential in Rathbone. 

If I were a betting man I'd say probably not, if they're ever going to get out of their Edmonton level futility they're going to need high end D and Dahlin's still a great player. They need to do a better job insulating them though, bolstering their D should be a priority. 

Stranger things have happened when it comes to trades. Buffalo has been a bad organization, so who knows. Same with Arizona. 

But yeah. Dahlin wouldn’t be going anywhere. Powers and Dahlin is in their top four without a doubt on the blue line. With that being said, nobody is non-tradedable, so for the right price, everyone is available. To get Dahlin though, would mean the Canucks are moving heaven and earth to get a young 21 year old defenseman. Though with that being said, we already have one of our own in Hughes. 

• Huggy Bear 1

On 12/26/2021 at 10:48 PM, Provost said:

I haven’t seen him play a lot, and it is hard to judge guys in lower leagues to determine NHL speed… but all the scouting reports I have seen say he not only skates well “for a guy his size”… he skates well period.  A number of them have also talked about him being good enough enough to play as either a D or top 6 power forward.

What other intel do you have beyond the main scouting reports?

“Power is an excellent skater in all directions for a defender of any size. The fact that he’s 6-foot-5 adds additional problems to opponents trying to knock him off the puck, but the truth is that Power can be both graceful and nimble while motoring up ice at top speed. His movements are fluid and pivots are effortless, and Power’s first step in any direction seems to catch opponent’s by surprise. What shouldn’t come as a shock is his exceptional balance, as Power can lug the puck up ice with a body or two draped over his back. The puck is on his stick a lot during a given game but intense pressure or a physical forecheck never seem to faze him. Power can put the perfect touch on any pass over any distance in any situation.”

Provost it's Alf.   Unless Power is a Canuck he's - Low-Power.   Crap - busteroo.    If we somehow  got him for Brock Boeser, he's "The Next Hedman" instantaneously, and better then him already too.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hey stop picking on Dana Murzyn.   That guy had a club record for plus minus in 93 .... something like plus 38 and believe he still holds it for a defenseman by a country mile.   Sure he was slow - but he'd do and did anything for the team.   Fight anyone and always lost.   And was a master of clearing the net etc ... if he wasn't injured in our 94 run i believe that would have been the difference between us already having a cup.    Was at the peak of his game ....  Lumme Murzyn ... was there ever a more consistent pairing in our clubs history that was together that long?   Also one of the reasons i hate Keith Tkachuk .... would only fight our lesser fighters ... Murzyn.   Not even Momesso.   That team would break our current team into tiny little pieces.   Same with our 2011 team - same with Boston's 2011 team.  

Edit:  Dana Murzyn is much faster and a way better defensemen than Powers and Dahlin i agree! 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The Canucks ought to do everything in their power to re-sign Boeser. Not having him on the roster yesterday hurt the team. He’s as pure a scorer as we have on this team.

I think he bring a ton to the team dynamic as well. Whenever you see videos of the guys he's always there and seems like a stand up dude. He's a good kid on and off the ice and the team is better with him then without. 

Also I have a Boeser jersey so we can't trade him. Bottom line.

• Haha 1

If a team can have Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury and a plethora of other mid-sized contacts to accompany the stars, the Canucks can certainly carry Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes and OEL, and have a plethora of mid-sized contracts to accompany our stars.

A Boeser 7+ mil contract is less than 2 mil more than his current contract.

Resigning Boeser at 7.5 is a dumb move. Thanks benning for handcuffing us and basically marking the end of BB’s era with the Canucks. BB is probably the 4/5 th best player on this team and it doesn’t make sense to sign him as the highest AAV forward in this group. The only out I see is if BB and the Canucks come to a deal outside of the current contract. Otherwise, BB won’t be a Canuck moving forward. That’s just the truth. 

14 hours ago, Me_ said:

If a team can have Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Fleury and a plethora of other mid-sized contacts to accompany the stars, the Canucks can certainly carry Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes and OEL, and have a plethora of mid-sized contracts to accompany our stars.

A Boeser 7+ mil contract is less than 2 mil more than his current contract.

Keep in mind that Crosby signed his contract before term limits came in. His contract was pretty heavily front loaded.  He’s only due to make $3m a season for the next 3 years (after this one). Had that not been the case Pittsburgh may not have been able to assemble those cup teams 

• Vintage 1

On 12/29/2021 at 3:57 AM, IBatch said:

Hey stop picking on Dana Murzyn.   That guy had a club record for plus minus in 93 .... something like plus 38 and believe he still holds it for a defenseman by a country mile.  

6th place... but still quite the feat. 

What's really crazy is that he put up 92 points in the WHL during his draft year

Screenshot_20220101-130552_Chrome.jpg

On 12/31/2021 at 11:27 AM, Shayster007 said:

I think he bring a ton to the team dynamic as well. Whenever you see videos of the guys he's always there and seems like a stand up dude. He's a good kid on and off the ice and the team is better with him then without. 

Also I have a Boeser jersey so we can't trade him. Bottom line.

Lol I too have a boeser jersey and I don't want to see him moved.

18 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I think Petey will be on the block before Brock. 

When you hear Rutherford speak, he isn't exactly glowing about Petterson while he is downright effusive about Hughes.

I wouldn't be stunned to see Petterson move, though the return would have to be ridiculous as it is hard to replace a 1st line who can score a point per game.