The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Interesting point, very interesting.

Lot's of fans expected that Shaw would come in and would implement a more robust defensive system. As you have mentioned the goals against this season is even worse than last season's goals against.

What's the impact of Shaw? Does he even has an impact on the defensive game of this team?  What are the reasons  Shaw hasn't had an impact  on the defensive game of this team yet?

shaw says he's been told he can be too detailed and technical. canucks veterans are screaming in practice that they don't know what they're doing in drills. 

dot dot dot

6 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

This is so true.....except coachES.  Aside from Ian Clark, this coaching squad needs an overhaul.  

Yes, I am definitely open to anything now...

They played well, but end result the same... Change is needed, and it may have to start with the GM. Still disgusted how they let OJ and Gadj slip out for nought... Gadj in particular... Are they flipping blind as to the need of some muscle and strength in front of goal?

Its not that they let them slip away, but where is their replacements... or what/where is the plan forward?

Haven't had anyone answering the bell since Dorsett (and even he was a light weight)... Doesn't matter how talented they are if they struggle to compete...

And somebody please tell us, what the hell is going on with Brock and Petey... Both have had lots of opportunities where they both used to snipe it in, but either goalie chest or missing the target... use to be money from these positions..

Is it post Covid, or injuries, or just that they don't care any longer. To say this is frustrating is the understatement of the year...

Do something...:mad:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

11 hours ago, CarbonNaded said:

11 hours ago, CarbonNaded said:

10 points in 21 games, so we are now looking for morale victories for a 7 million dollar player??? Sorry but if I was coach he’s healthy scratched!

He's making 5.5 bud...

Edited by Vermette9

53 minutes ago, GSP* said:

This seems like a million years ago. 

We had some leaders in that room. Glue guys. Heart and soul guys. 

Our young “stars” weren’t ready to be them. They still needed time to 

play with them, learn from them. 

IMO that is one of the biggest mistakes this mngmt group has made in eight years. Guys like Tanev, Marky, Edler, even Stetch made the locker room work. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

So they big question is when to I drop Pettersson and Boeser from my pool?

Seems criminal to waive them but they aren't doing anything.

Wait a couple days to see if there’s a coaching change. That’s what I’d do 

Just now, Battlemonger said:

Pods is huge and getting quicker every day. Made Petey look decent tonite and I think he is going to become a beast.

He really is what is needs with Petterson big, puck hound, good passer.  Need someone opening up space for him to be primary scorer and Pods is one of about two forwards on this team that can do it. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1