The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Skills + insane work ethic + humble +  acts like a grown man

My favorite Canuck right now and its not even close

These are a very rare set of attributes and a recipe for success IMO. If we had Core built like this we would not be in the position we are currently in. Oh! and a Coach that recognizes this ,as well , helps. ::D

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

The misery continues. Green is still coach and JB and ownership still too stunned to react. It’s like a degenerate gambler that keeps hedging the same bets in hopes for a win but keeps losing time after time

The "writing is on the wall" but somebody is obviously illiterate. :towel:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, he reminds of JV (as well) with a different attitude; and it seems like, having a wife (at an early age) instead of drinking buddies made alot of difference for Podz (?).

Podz' brain is in his head.  JT's brain is much further down his body it seemed.

1 hour ago, AbbyNux said:

No, but yes, but no.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.”

- A quote the Canucks staff has never seen. 

Edit: Ownership too

Edited by Steven Stamkos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

That's never going to die is it, for Petey. The comment about wanting to play on a winning team. 

Especially now that he hasn't contributed anything but 10 points in 22 games now....

Entitled, arogant comment from him.  I really despised that comment.  I thought Swedes were supposed to be modest lol!  BUT, he's young and he'll probably regret saying that.  He'll be fine in the long run and I hope to see the old EP back.

I'm hoping these young guys flick the switch and we get some entertaining hockey again, but I have to say, I really miss seeing guys that are playing hard for each other.  Guys that are team-first.  I miss energy lines.  I miss having a Burr or Kesler or Bieksa or Lapierre who knew when the team was flat and how to drag them into a fight......and when the team was there to fight for each other.  Garland, OEL and Miller have been in that mix (and possibly a couple of other guys), but the rest of the team have been MIA.  

I can accept watching a losing team if I can see them fighting for each other and trying to get their team going.  But this team has too many individuals going through the motions which drives apathy from my perspective.  Time to drive out the coaching staff and trade a key player or two to send the shot across the bow.  

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

I want Benning gone. Until then, nothing will change.

Makes way more sense to do front office changes in the off-season. You can just about eliminate anybody who’s currently employed from consideration if you want to make changes during the season. Unless there’s a PoHO available that Aqua really likes and we can hand the reins off to him until we hire a new GM next summer, I say just neuter Jim and wait it out. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, NucksPassion2 said:

Apparently Ian Clark and Garland got into it, sounds like there may be another rift in the room. Sources telling me Dowling is firmly in the Ian Clark camp. Hopefully more to come on this soon.

I heard it was Petey vs Chiasson and the assistant video coach.

54 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Podz' brain is in his head.  JT's brain is much further down his body it seemed.

Lol.  Kidding aside, Podz seems to had been forced to mature faster and the main difference, between JV & Podz is off the ice.   Would had been nice to see both in the same line; but it will never happen, in Vancouver cause JV will never be allowed to shake the stigma.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, -Moose said:

&^@#, it all makes sense now. We're missing our foundation

Without Sutter, this team is unstable 

you're making a joke but you're actually not that far from the truth. 

the training wheels were taken off too soon.