The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Islanders losing, but I think its more bad luck with Covid and pucks not bouncing their way.

I think they will make the playoffs and be competitive.

Interesting though. Barzal at 0.5 pts per game and losing record. 

and it’s a team that’s looked very good especially in playoffs with probably bigger expectations then our team.

I think statistically they are in for it tough for the remainder of the year to make it though no?

19 minutes ago, Canuck4digits said:

The bar has been so lowered for the Canucks that a losing a “close” game is somehow a “great effort” 

what ever happened to winning is what matters?

difference between a winning culture and a losing culture 

Ya, exactly! I could care less about the effort. A loss is a loss and it’s getting us nowhere fast. Hopefully we get a new gm and coach. We need a plan. A vision of where this team needs to go. I want grittier, tougher players. I am not sure why Benning wanted such a soft team but it makes no sense. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya, exactly! I could care less about the effort. A loss is a loss and it’s getting us nowhere fast. Hopefully we get a new gm and coach. We need a plan. A vision of where this team needs to go. I want grittier, tougher players. I am not sure why Benning wanted such a soft team but it makes no sense. 

Was it Green or Benning who made that public slip of the tongue saying Baertchi was soft skill, and we needed hard skill? 

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Yeah he slipped…and was honest instead of glossing over and giving canned responses.

Thank you JT. The fans who help pay your salary via FA truly appreciate your candor and desire to be competitive. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Yeah he slipped…and was honest instead of glossing over and giving canned responses.

Thank you JT. The fans who help pay your salary via FA truly appreciate your candor and desire to be competitive. 

I agree with you here, RW. Miller was giving an honest opinion 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, lmm said:

maybe he does

but if he is unwilling, 

is that the guy you want to follow?

Why does Bo need to fight to be a captain?  Did Linden ever drop the gloves?  Bo has dropped the gloves and won more fights in one year then Linden did in his entire career. Linden was taunted and embarrassed many times for refusing to fight. 

Let’s not even talk about our Swedish captains from the past. 

I don’t recall Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemieux, Sakic, Toews, Stamkos, McDavid, Landeskog ever having to drop the gloves. They usually had of have guys that did or do that for them. Crosby drops the gloves about once every few years. Same with Ovechkin. 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why does Bo need to fight to be a captain?  Did Linden ever drop the gloves?  Bo has dropped the gloves and won more fights in one year then Linden did in his entire career. Linden was taunted and embarrassed many times for refusing to fight. 

I don’t recall Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemieux, Sakic, Toews, Stamkos, McDavid, Landeskog ever having to drop the gloves. They usually had of have guys that did or do that for them. Crosby drops the gloves about once every few years. Same with Ovechkin. 

You don't have to drop them but you join the scrum to keep your guy from getting mobbed.  Taking a glance and skating away is a symptom of this team's lack of cohesiveness.  Can't think of any serious playoff contending team that would do that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

You don't have to drop them but you join the scrum to keep your guy from getting mobbed.  Taking a glance and skating away is a symptom of this team's lack of cohesiveness.  Can't think of any serious playoff contending team that would do that. 

The team is broken.  The issues go far beyond Bo walking away from a scrum...

• Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

A google search will help you out. 

Everybody on your list except Mcdavid has dropped them at least once, usually more. 

None of them were brawlers but they would drop if they had to, even Gretzky answered the bell. Got creamed for it, but he answered.