The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, WHL rocks said:

I think the boys played hard,, can't blame them or coaches 

This is on management ... team is not built right 

Agreed that the defense is poorly built. We have a #1, a #4, and a bunch of #5/6's. 

But the offense should be fine if they were being coached. Look at the areas they're terrible at, and they are 100% systems issues:
1. Where the shots are coming from - almost all from perimeter/low danger areas. Thats a coaching and system issue. 
2. Complete lack of creativity and mobility on the powerplay - coaching issue. 
3. Passive penalty kill that doesn't pressure the other team and lets them set up whatever kind of chance they want.

I was hoping Brad Shaw would come in and reorganize the defense into the first galactic empire, for a safe and secure society, but no such luck. 

40 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We are 11 points out of a divisional spot and 8 points out of a wildcard spot with 7 teams ahead of us.

We're also tied for most games played in the western conference.

Only a quarter of the way through, teams that have overachieved will have slumps.

If a new coach comes in & we find ourselves on a 5 game winning streak, suddenly things look different.

I think if there's any hope they need to make a change though, Green had lost them.

If this team ends up bottom 5 it could have much more profound consequences than if we get back in the fight & miss. 

7 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Absolutely.

I don't care if you're upset with your coach or your teammates or your goalie or Fin or whoever. You're still supposed to be a professional.

Fair, but I can understand the frustration given that they're being set up to fail by a bad coach who is not acting like a professional.  It's not reasonable to expect 100% effort with a locker room cancer like Green who is actively sabotaging the team.  I guarantee the cloud over the guys will disappear as soon as that incompetent clown is fired.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

“I’ve been skating on the Detroit 2 profile for some years now,” said Pettersson. “Always thought it felt good.”

That’s a surprise, as the Detroit 2 profile isn’t the typical choice for a slick offensive player like Pettersson. In fact, it’s a common profile for goaltenders.

Give him back his Detroit 2 profiles and see him shine once again... maybe he is mad because the coaches made him change profiles?  Easy solution... maybe he is just learning his new skates it's all probably another 3 years till he figures out how to skate again 

He changed skates last season, 1st year he looked way more dynamic shifty check out his clips in shl and first year. This he said he switched to a longer stick and curve.

Honestly believe he should switch them all back to what gave him success.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Sanford said:

Pettersson with that kind of effort on the empty net.. you don’t build championships with players like Pettersson, gotta get more Millers in this team.  I would trade Pettersson, soft as butter.

EP40 looks to be struggling with post-covid effects. Even those who get “healthy”can have an impaired respiratory and cardiac systems and lose metabolic efficiency. Hopefully he can overcome this by next season. If he doesn’t he will barely be a C-grade player for what remains of his career. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PositionOfPower said:

He changed skates last season, 1st year he looked way more dynamic shifty check out his clips in shl and first year. This he said he switched to a longer stick and curve.

Honestly believe he should switch them all back to what gave him success.

Petterssons issues are far more severe than it just being an equipment issue.

This kid held out and missed camp for more money.  Time to do your job and produce.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

EP40 looks to be struggling with post-covid effects. Even those who get “healthy”can have an impaired respiratory and cardiac systems and lose metabolic efficiency. Hopefully he can overcome this by next season. If he doesn’t he will barely be a C-grade player for what remains of his career. 

21GP 3-7-10   -6

He'd be having a poor year if his name were Tanner Pearson. 

• Wat 1