The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Remember the days of old though when Green would bench Podkolzin the kid that skated hard, hit, tried blocking shots and has offensive skill in favour of the Chiasson’s of the team lol. Me thinks a coaching change has to happen very soon. The players need the spark and it’s easier to spark them through a coaching change then it is to make a bunch of trades.

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i wonder how piss demko is this coaching staff/team have pretty much played him off of the olympic roster and a chance at a medal. he was projected as the 3rd goalie for team usa behind gibbons and hallebuyck. i don't see how he even remotely have a chance at that 3rd spot anymore. it's not even his fault as really he have been great most games but the team/coaching tanked it for him. 

Totally and 100% agree.  I’ve never been a fans of Demko.  He’s been bad this year and costing us games.  900% save % is not even AHL level!  I think he’s injured and just doing his best.  Sure, it’s not ver goood (costing us a lot really) but he’s doing his best.

Maybe Denko is just not that good? 

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 3

1 hour ago, davidgoliath said:

EP40 looks to be struggling with post-covid effects. Even those who get “healthy”can have an impaired respiratory and cardiac systems and lose metabolic efficiency. Hopefully he can overcome this by next season. If he doesn’t he will barely be a C-grade player for what remains of his career. 

I thought he was out with his wrist injury when the team all got Covid? I didn't think EP had caught it.

I’ve been taking a break from the Canucks the past few weeks.  It’s hard to really care after apathy sets in.  This happens from time to time for me, but even when the Canucks were supposed to suck I still stuck with watching the team about half the season because there was something to look forward to. This year, what is there?  The team sucks, we have nothing in the pipeline, I don’t know how to improve this team under the current salary cap.  I just don’t know what the GM can do besides fire the coach which should have been done a month ago.

I just can’t seem to care anymore after all this promise, all these years I’ve invested in this team while rebuilding completely engrossed in what was happening, just to see this giant &^@#ing turd (even if they played well tonight, I could count the games we’ve truly outplayed the opponent on one hand).

I feel like the Buffalo fan on the radio a couple years ago, except it’s worse.  I don’t feel like yelling, I don’t feel anger…I feel nothing.  And I hate it.  I bet most of you probably think of me as one of the more optimistic fans, but I’ve got nothing for this…when a team has made a fan like me apathetic, something has seriously gone wrong.

I hope this team proves me wrong at some point, but my hope for this team is gone.

• Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Totally and 100% agree.  I’ve never been a fans of Demko.  He’s been bad this year and costing us games.  900% save % is not even AHL level!  I think he’s injured and just doing his best.  Sure, it’s not ver goood (costing us a lot really) but he’s doing his best.

Demko is elite. His current numbers are based on the players in front of him. 

Even he can’t make chicken salad out of the chicken $&!# laid on his plate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe they’re waiting for their goalie (who they invested 25 million on) making a friggin’ important save? 

Oi! he is only human as well....not like the other players in front of him are scoring any extra goals to help out!!!....how much is invested in Petey, Brocky, ????

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If this is not sarcasm then:

diva crack GIF by Andrea

15 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Maybe start from the top and work your way down

yup, it all starts at the top imho.  its the wrong mix of players with the wrong coach.  It is apparent now that guys like Edler, Tanev, Beagle kept this team from being real bad.  Guys willing to block shots, win board battles and provide some leadership.  Losing those guys was like pulling the lynchpin on the grenade.  They pulled the bandaid and exposed this team for what it really is.  I might throw sutter in that list just because he was a competent 3c that could kill penalties and win draws, although a little expensive.

Schenn threw a big hit today, rattled the other guy.  The play seemed so unusual, a Canuck player drilling a guy and separating him from the puck.  Our top two lines cant do that.  Our defence in general is soft.  We really only have 2 top 4 d men.  The rest would be bottom pairing d guys at best on good teams.  A bunch of guys on the perimeter in the O zone with only the smallest guys willing to the dirty areas.

The poster above (i think @khay) brought up an excellent comparison- this team is like the oilers of the 2010s.  So true.  The scary part is that without a clear plan and a very shrewd management team we are likely to be stuck in this buffalo style purgatory for years.

8 years in, its time for a change and a change in direction.

Edited by Darius
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe they’re waiting for their goalie (who they invested 25 million on) making a friggin’ important save? 

Unfortunately he was making those game saving stops early in the season and has been worn down already.

I was worried this was gonna happen. As soon as the team starts playing better the goalies game starts to go.

Seems like we never get both in one game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Well at least they scored one more goal than last game and was actually in the game till the 3rd...perhaps that is why Ownership is not doing anything...they see that as an improvement....FFS.....like I said before...the ONLY way Canuck fans can show their disapproval is to NOT show up to the home games....stop buying the merch ...hitting them in their bottom line is the only way they will get the message