The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

With the wrist injury and the amount of games lost last year i expected petey to come in a little rusty around  the edges. But apparently he believes hes to good to train in the off season in any form. There is no way he starts this year that slow, with crap edge work ,no balance  and as weak as a kitten if he spent at least 2 days in the gym or rink during the summer. To me hes been the weakest link and shows little to no possibilities of changes in his game to come any time soon. Honestly put him in Abbotsford "conditioning stint". 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Please can we get a coaching change already. We have all seen each of these core guys at their peak before, We know it possible. New voices, New leadership is needed now. If that doesn't work... Well atleast we have alot of valuable players to trade so we can re-rebuild lol

There is no logic delaying the inevitable. 

Green will be gone sometime before the draft so may as well get us all out of our misery and set him free asap.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Cluminati* said:

Pearson with 16:49 ice time… 

Motte scores a goal and gets 10:40.

Tanner needs to move to the 3rd or 4th line. Guys like Motte and Hoglander need more ice-time, while guys like Pearson and Petey should get less till they figure their game out. 

The sad thing is playing against other teams 3rd and 4th line players hasn’t even helped them….(Petterson) 

If you go back to his last 82 games played Pettersons stats are HORRENDOUS…..Every year I’m becoming less of a fan….

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dale4Nucks said:

Agreed. Running into hot goalies doesnt help matters. I was also watching Boeser closely, seems like he was thinking more about the post game meal than the game lol

Since every goaltender we seem to play against is a "hot goaltender" I think its likely that we just aren't giving them a very hard time with the shots we're taking. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

10 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Am I crazy for wondering if Shaw isn’t what he was built up to be as a defensive coach who will right the ship? Like I know Green has been just awful, but look at the goals against this season. We’re WORSE then last year on that metric. The defense has been terrible.

He was brought in for defense and pk. While we don't give out much on the defense 5v5 we don't score anymore and our pk is atrocious not even sure why ppl want him at all to even be interim 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Cluminati* said:

Pearson with 16:49 ice time… 

Motte scores a goal and gets 10:40.

Tanner needs to move to the 3rd or 4th line. Guys like Motte and Hoglander need more ice-time, while guys like Pearson and Petey should get less till they figure their game out. 

3.25 million 4th liner that sounds pretty much Benning :emot-parrot:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2