The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why does Bo need to fight to be a captain?  Did Linden ever drop the gloves?  Bo has dropped the gloves and won more fights in one year then Linden did in his entire career. Linden was taunted and embarrassed many times for refusing to fight. 

Let’s not even talk about our Swedish captains from the past. 

I don’t recall Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemieux, Sakic, Toews, Stamkos, McDavid, Landeskog ever having to drop the gloves. They usually had of have guys that did or do that for them. Crosby drops the gloves about once every few years. Same with Ovechkin. 

Did I say he had to fight?

he looks away

skates away

chats with someone not involved

All for one

er um 

your on your own here 

lets talk about our

Swedish captains

did they win us a cup?

Bo is exactly the same as our Swedish captains

He yelled at Virtanen for throwing a hit

Gretzki always had meat around him, look at who got traded to LA with him

Bo is top 3 in size on this team, and he skates away when the smallest guy is getting beat up

Just now, brownky said:

A google search will help you out. 

Everybody on your list except Mcdavid has dropped them at least once, usually more. 

None of them were brawlers but they would drop if they had to, even Gretzky answered the bell. Got creamed for it, but he answered.

Yes I know that.  And a google search will help you out with Bo and all of his fights as well.  Here are a couple if you missed them:

Bo sticking up for Pearson:

Here's Bo beating up Charlie Coyle, at least he's won some fights:

Here's Bo taking on Darnell Nurse, a legit tough guy:

4 minutes ago, lmm said:

Did I say he had to fight?

he looks away

skates away

chats with someone not involved

All for one

er um 

your on your own here 

lets talk about our

Swedish captains

did they win us a cup?

Bo is exactly the same as our Swedish captains

He yelled at Virtanen for throwing a hit

Gretzki always had meat around him, look at who got traded to LA with him

Bo is top 3 in size on this team, and he skates away when the smallest guy is getting beat up

Like I said there are bigger issues on this team than Bo having to go out and beat up everyone else's tough guys.  Green has turned this team into the biggest cream puffs in NHL history.  Why should Bo torture himself and beat up his body to support Green's horrific decisions?  

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes I know that.  And a google search will help you out with Bo and all of his fights as well.  Here are a couple if you missed them:

Bo is just fine as captain. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why does Bo need to fight to be a captain?  Did Linden ever drop the gloves?  Bo has dropped the gloves and won more fights in one year then Linden did in his entire career. Linden was taunted and embarrassed many times for refusing to fight. 

I don’t recall Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemieux, Sakic, Toews, Stamkos, McDavid, Landeskog ever having to drop the gloves. They usually had of have guys that did or do that for them. Crosby drops the gloves about once every few years. Same with Ovechkin. 

Landeskog is a pretty good scraper he’s won most of his bouts him and Bo would be a good one but I’ll go with our guy.

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I wonder if Canucks wins 2 or 3 out of the next 3 games (highly unlikely, but not impossible) will Green be fired? 

I think the dye has be proverbially cast. Green (and hopefully Benning) will be relieved of their duties by the end of the month. 

Good point; but all the players you listed (except for Toews) are point producers - for the most part, whereas, Bo is hardly scoring; and outside of the faceoffs, he has been MIA.   As for Miller, he is (atleast) scoring, an emotional leader; and a defensive liability - sometimes.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

I'm almost at the point where i think we should keep green till the end of the year so we can get a top 3 pick. Replace benning with a well known/respected gm asap and let him do a overhaul this deadline/offseason. If we can bring in someone who doesn't get dragged through the mud in trades, We could potentially do a real quick rebuild with all this trade value on the roster right now. Not to mention drafting a really good player in the top 3 this year ( i mean #5<_< )

If some of these young guys are pouting and letting it effect their play, I would move on from them rather than build around them. I don't want to believe it but makes you wonder why EP has done nothing but regress since losing his buddies to free agency

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good point; but all the players you listed (except for Toews) are point producers - for the most part, whereas, Bo is hardly scoring; and outside of the faceoffs, he has been MIA.   As for Miller, he is (atleast) scoring, an emotional leader; and a defensive liability - sometimes.

Bo had more points as a 23 year old than Henrik Sedin.  Henrik didn't become a point a game player until he was 28.  I'm not saying Bo is going to get 100 points, but with an actual functioning team around him and without him having to take on all the defensive responsibilities, he could become a point a game player.  We need to get a legit 3C so Bo can focus on being a 2C.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Bo had more points as a 23 year old than Henrik Sedin.  Henrik didn't become a point a game player until he was 28.  I'm not saying Bo is going to get 100 points, but with an actual functioning team around him and without him having to take on all the defensive responsibilities, he could become a point a game player.  We need to get a legit 3C so Bo can focus on being a 2C.

As long as Pearson is stuck with him... he will never be a true 2C that can achieve 70+ points.  So many wasted years (and looks like another 2 years at least) with subpar wingers.  I like Pearson but he's not a 2nd liner and shouldn't be in the Top 6.. especially this year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, quattrobaj said:

As long as Pearson is stuck with him... he will never be a true 2C that can achieve 70+ points.  So many wasted years (and looks like another 2 years at least) with subpar wingers.  I like Pearson but he's not a 2nd liner and shouldn't be in the Top 6.. especially this year.

I agree.  Bo needs some real scoring wingers so he can lead an actual second line.  He used to play well with Boeser, I would put them back together.  Klimovich is also an option next year.

Podkolzin    Pettersson   Garland

Höglander   Horvat          Boeser

Dickinson    Miller            Motte

Pearson      Lammikko    Dowling

I would try this out for a game.  Pearson can play on the 4th line for now.  Green didn't have a problem playing Petey on the 4th line, so he should have no problem moving Pearson there.  If Klimovich can step up next year then he could at least take a spot on the 3rd line, or we can trade Boeser.  Ideally in order to really fix this team for the long term both Miller and Boeser will need to be traded so we can fill the other holes on the team and get at least another 1st round pick.  

• Vintage 1

Missed one. 

• Cheers 1

Like I said there are bigger issues on this team than Bo having to go out and beat up everyone else's tough guys.  Green has turned this team into the biggest cream puffs in NHL history.  Why should Bo torture himself and beat up his body to support Green's horrific decisions?  

either its in him or its not

its not

So what has changed this year?