The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

What would JT have to do with anything? 

Also, limelight? This is the NHL. 

Isn't Miller the defacto captain of the west wing of the dressing room?  Maybe Green should make him captain.  Put Bo on the 4th line.  Send Petey to Abby.  I'm sure this is coming.  Green has big plans to shake up this team.  I'm sure the bag skates are coming back too.  Those are real helpful for team chemistry.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Travis Green: "I thought we played well. It was a hard fought game. Heck of a hockey team over there.  We just didn't get the bounces. That's how hockey goes sometimes." 

/season

You forgot “We win that game 9 times out of 10”

• Cheers 1

Perhaps you could sit down your PTO fave Green? 

we suck under Green yet we keep wasting nhl minutes on plugs 

will Lockwood can not be a downgrade at this point, get Rathbone  in there or give Juulsen or Woo a crack 

bury Chiasson, Yuho, Dickinson…. All plugs 

get pearson out of the top 6, He is nowhere near a top 6 guy 

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree.  Bo needs some real scoring wingers so he can lead an actual second line.  He used to play well with Boeser, I would put them back together.  Klimovich is also an option next year.

Podkolzin    Pettersson   Garland

Höglander   Horvat          Boeser

Dickinson    Miller            Motte

Pearson      Lammikko    Dowling

I would try this out for a game.  Pearson can play on the 4th line for now.  Green didn't have a problem playing Petey on the 4th line, so he should have no problem moving Pearson there.  If Klimovich can step up next year then he could at least take a spot on the 3rd line, or we can trade Boeser.  Ideally in order to really fix this team for the long term both Miller and Boeser will need to be traded so we can fill the other holes on the team and get at least another 1st round pick.  

Would swap pearson and Dickinson, as Dickinson is a black hole in front of the net. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canuck4digits said:

Perhaps you could sit down your PTO fave Green? 

we suck under Green yet we keep wasting nhl minutes on plugs 

will Lockwood can not be a downgrade at this point, get Rathbone  in there or give Juulsen or Woo a crack 

bury Chiasson, Yuho, Dickinson…. All plugs 

get pearson out of the top 6, He is nowhere near a top 6 guy 

No clue why Tanner wasn't traded last trade deadline

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Missed one. 

So the only player he sticks up for is Pearson who in the first one took himself out by being too much of a pansy to take a hit to get the puck in deep and in the second one looks like he crosschecked a guy in the face. Then two fights where the other team actually fought him for dirty hits he himself made?

Maybe both Horvat and Pearson should be traded.

2 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

No clue why Tanner wasn't traded last trade deadline

Not only that, he was extended to 3 yr, 3 mil per year and I think with limited NTC or some sort of promise that he would be protected in the Seattle expansion draft?

Pearson signing is the proof that JB cannot make objective decisions.

Traded McCann + bunch of draft picks for Gudbranson, then Gudbranson for Pearson. So McCann who is a second line player now and a bunch of draft picks for Pearson and to lose Pearson means to there is nothing to show for.

He is so obsessed with his past moves that he is no longer capable of objectively assessing the team.

I used to support JB but now, it's clear that his time is up.

Just a matter of when, not if.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, AC30 said:

He extended Pearson and let Tiffoli go.... 

:picard:

Yeah... but Toffoli was let go before Pearson.

The right thing to do was 1) trade Pearson at the TDL since we were clearly out of the playoffs or 2) just let him walk to UFA if no one wanted him and save the cap space for something else.

The cap space should have been used to sign an shutdown LD.    

Since 2020, JB has made so many blunders that I think he's lost handle on things. His time is up, it's just the timing. I'd say it should still be at near the end of the season but if there is a capable replacement ready to step in, it might as well be now.

• RoughGame 1

34 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Listen guys, u think tbinly reasonable thing to do is to fire all of you. 

All of you have been fired. 

GTFO 

This would have way more punch if the people you are slagging with this (I think?) insult was actually able to be understood. 

I am one of those people but, you’re welcome.