The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Nov. 26, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Drakrami said:

Wow you are still looking at a playoff spot? Time to start looking at the prospect mock draft list. 

What makes you think I was looking toward a playoff spot? Don't be naive. 

Just letting people know how dire of a situation we are in only 1/4 of the way through.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Which team had th3 bette4 goalie the night?  That’s 100% why we lost.  This is all on Demko.  He needs to be at leas5 as good as the other tram’s Goalie.  He’s been the lesser goalie of th3 two on too man6 nights.  He’s our weak link.  I’m not a fan of him.  Never have been (except for th3 Bubble).  

Every game the other team has the better goalie. Have you not noticed the trend. It’s rare we get a second goal lately. The quality of shots aren’t there. Meanwhile Demko literally steals any win we do get. Have you seen a game this year we won for Demko by you know scoring goals?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, amplified0ne said:

There's almost no point in changing the coach now unless you're just going to ride with Shaw the rest of the year.  Better off just throwing in the towel and getting a good pick and picking up draft assets for UFA/RFAs.  The time to do a coaching change was before the last homestand!

There's some truth in this .... but when a group has legitimately achieved dysfunctionality, then something needs to be done. Dysfunction cannot be allowed to continue because real damage then takes it's toll everywhere. 

Just now, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Am I crazy for wondering if Shaw isn’t what he was built up to be as a defensive coach who will right the ship? Like I know Green has been just awful, but look at the goals against this season. We’re WORSE then last year on that metric. The defense has been terrible.

Yah 5v5 has been ok but defence and pp/pk is brutal 

• Cheers 1