The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

14 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

This is exactly what people were saying last season with Miller and then we hung around the WC spot and nothing happened. 

Much like the team playing on the ice - this organization does not have a clear direction as to where they are going.  We're clearly not competitive.  We're not rebuilding.  We don't have youth/skill in the system.  We don't have a stockpile of picks/prospects to use as assets or to develop as reinforcements.  Other than a couple bright spots here/there (BoHo, Huggy, EP, ect....) we're entrenched in mediocrity at almost every level and it shows on the ice. 

I just wish ownership/management would make a meaningful move one way or another to set course on a definitive direction for the franchise. 

I just don't see management re-signing Horvat while he's on a serious hot streak.  I think they do want to re-sign him, but if he's gonna ask for $8.5M AAV or something, they'll move on and trade him at the TDL.

I bet same thing happened with Miller.  Original ask was probably $9M AAV and it eventually came down to $8M.

Moving out Boeser, Pearson, and one of the 3rd pairing depth defencemen would give the Canucks plenty of room to re-sign Horvat and Kuzmenko.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Moving out Boeser, Pearson, and one of the 3rd pairing depth defencemen would give the Canucks plenty of room to re-sign Horvat and Kuzmenko.

But then where are we going to get any actual NHL defencemen that can play in this league let alone a younger RHD? 

1 minute ago, gurn said:

It might be time to stop saying Bo is on a hot streak, and consider that he might be playing at his new 'normal'.

That's scary for two reasons:

1.  If that's his permanent level we definitely can't afford him without losing other parts of this club.

2.  If you apply that argument to other guys - what if this is the 'permanent' level for Demko from now on?  We're doomed. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

That's scary for two reasons:

1.  If that's his permanent level we definitely can't afford him without losing other parts of this club.

2.  If you apply that argument to other guys - what if this is the 'permanent' level for Demko from now on?  We're doomed. 

Lol on point 2 and I sure hope not

21 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

But then where are we going to get any actual NHL defencemen that can play in this league let alone a younger RHD? 

Assets acquired from moving Boeser, Pearson, etc. can be packaged with a guy like Garland.

Realistically though, if you are referring to a top 4 RHD, it's next to impossible to find a quality one via trade.  We need to start drafting them big time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I just don't see management re-signing Horvat while he's on a serious hot streak.  I think they do want to re-sign him, but if he's gonna ask for $8.5M AAV or something, they'll move on and trade him at the TDL.

I bet same thing happened with Miller.  Original ask was probably $9M AAV and it eventually came down to $8M.

And as you say,

This is what CDC needs to concentrate on,   the players that ARE NOT on this list.

This list is part of the now, and the future ..

79564372-D857-4D5A-AE95-D9EBA282E2BF.thumb.jpeg.f1889ecb4101b204dd8534e10229ca0c.jpeg

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

And as you say,

This is what CDC needs to concentrate on,   the players that ARE NOT on this list.

79564372-D857-4D5A-AE95-D9EBA282E2BF.thumb.jpeg.f1889ecb4101b204dd8534e10229ca0c.jpeg

The way I look at it is there are 2 main pairs that we need to keep together:

Pettersson-Kuzmenko

Miller-Horvat

Spend big on those 4 guys and it really doesn't matter who the other guys are that are next to them.

Mikheyev and Garland are clearly very good secondary scoring type players that fill out the Top 6 for relatively affordable cap hits.

Which means guys like Boeser and Pearson should be moved.  Hoglander and Podkolzin should be taking those minutes.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I'd even be open to moving both, if we'd moved both back at the deadline I'd have been fine with it. But yeah, if Bo goes I'm adamant that Miller should too.

At that point we may as well just tear it and truly on building around the younger guys. At least the Bear move would still align with that.

Wouldn't shock me, he could certainly get it via UFA. There are some teams out there who could really use a center of his talent.

I'll be surprised if Pettersson doesn't come in at 10M+. 

Wasn't it reported that Miller came down on his price? If there's truth to that 9M+ predictions weren't so out there. Just because he didn't doesn't mean he couldn't have as a UFA. Top UFA's are almost always overpaid. 

I know, but going off Dhaliwal is never good. 

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

And as you say,

Problem is nobody wants the players not on that list. JR even stated the players he wants to move out, that he doesn’t feel are fits, nobody wants. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Problem is nobody wants the players not on that list. JR even stated the players he wants to move out, that he doesn’t feel are fits, nobody wants. 

Yup, can't move players for value if there's not a demand for them

The players other teams are going to want are typically more likely to be the players fans would like to keep

Just now, Coconuts said:

He's not Eklund level, take him with a grain of salt absolutely but you can't completely discount him as a source

problem is he's a shill for agents. You have to look at anything he posts as propaganda for his sources. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, JM_ said:

problem is he's a shill for agents. You have to look at anything he posts as propaganda for his sources. 

He absolutely is, but that doesn't necessarily means what he's being told isn't also true at a given time 

Insiders report what they're told if they believe it comes from a solid source, that's the media business, but things are always in flux and therefore so is what is actually factual at any given time 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

He absolutely is, but that doesn't necessarily means what he's being told isn't also true at a given time 

Insiders report what they're told if they believe it comes from a solid source, that's the media business, but things are always in flux and therefore so is what is actually factual at any given time 

well, its true from one side I guess. Dunno, I don't find him at all helpful in real info. Donny annoys me too, he seems at his happiest when the Canucks are down.

Just now, JM_ said:

well, its true from one side I guess. Dunno, I don't find him at all helpful in real info. Donny annoys me too, he seems at his happiest when the Canucks are down.

Bad news sells better than good news, is how she goes 

Dhaliwal isn't credible the way he was starting out but I don't think you retain work in this business if you don't have more than just NHL agents talking to you 

Talking heads gonna talk, how folks evaluate what is said or who it's coming from is up to them 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Good, that means mgmt has to trade him...hopefully along with Miller, Boeser, Myers, Stillman and Pearson at the TDL

Bo is a good Canuck but his time is done...he can't get them over the hump and his value will never be higher (after he regresses next year in a non-contract year)

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Yup, can't move players for value if there's not a demand for them

The players other teams are going to want are typically more likely to be the players fans would like to keep

Honestly, wouldn’t mind moving them for no value. I do like Boeser but he’s a sniper who doesn’t shoot and carries a big cap hit. Pearson isn’t effective and can be traded. That’s a lot of cap to keep the entire core. Trade Myers for next to no value and that’s 6.5. The only albatross is OEL which we realistically cannot move. I’m okay with building from there even if we suck for a couple years and getting good prospects. Similar to an Avs rebuild/retool. They kept their main pieces and added. So did NYR. 

• Like 1