The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

6 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Package Canucks need hit on is Young stud d 1st round pick 3rd line centre my options.

Red wings-Simon Edvinsson, D, 2023 1st Top 5 protected, Michael Rasmussen

Leafs-Topi Niemela, D, 2023 1st, Alex kerfoot 

Columbus- David Jiricek, 2023 top 5 projected Sean Kuraly

Carolina- Scott morrow, 2023 1st, Seth Jarvis 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It's wild to me. I think it comes down to our fanbase is honestly just soooo dedicated to hockey that many get lost in their emotions towards the players. It doesn't help we have been the worst managed team top to bottom since our cup final. I want to believe we will make the right moves and build around our EP properly but sooo many people begged for a Miller signing and our owner took the bait. How do you fix a culture now with this guy locked up. When he's on his game I love Miller. But let's be honest, His play away from the puck / his horrible lazy give aways will never allow us to fix this culture issue unless he snaps out of whatever he's doing now lol :P

I think we have been so used of mediocrity that anything that resembles an improvement on what we had , we jump on it. It was pretty easy to improve and Megma and Kaput but Virtanen was going to bring us something we needed, as did Ferlund, as did Miller. 

Lets face it, we have been "soft" for years and it has been our downfall in any kind of success in the post season for a very long time. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

That would be terrible.  Lysell and a 1st would have to be included.  I assume if we move Bo it'll be with 50% retained.  Why would we not? It would maximize the bidding war.

What does Lysell do for this team though?  Fights with Lekkerimaki for one of the non existent forward positions.

We need defense, picks and assets for the defense for the future.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

What does Lysell do for this team though?  Fights with Lekkerimaki for one of the non existent forward positions.

We might need him to compete for Kuz's spot if he gets moved too :lol:

I largely agree with you, we should be looking at better fitting assets. But we could also do worse than Lysell as a piece as well. We need LOTS of young pieces.

Edited by aGENT

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I agree with the need for defense and RHD prospect, but at the same time, we can't go about this with blinders and put our chips all-in for a a RHD prospect that might or might not reach his ceiling and become top pairing/top 4 stud.  Most of them are drafted.

If someone is coughing up a blue chip forward that's clearly above the others (with a similar complimentary packages), we need to consider it, I hope.  

14 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Avs don't really have a lot of assets left. Personally I prefer the 'Canes. Good fit for Horvat behind Aho, and they have a fair amount of solid assets still available (Morrow, Drury, Seeley, Heimosalmi, Gunler, Nikishin...)

Maybe ship has sailed, but Bo for Byram? Then we trade Hughes. Agreed, Canes a good fit and Bo is a BrindAmour type player. Plays with speed.

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Man, we did this last year with Miller.  We aren’t fixing the team with a Horvat trade.  We’ll be lucky to get a B+ prospect and a late first. 

Exactly. That's why it signals a rebuild imho. Bo leaves and Center depth goes to hell, D depth already in hell. Prospect pool maybe gets a little better, but really it's hell too. It's a mess.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, Darius said:

Petey will be a good captain....but i dont expect him to be answering any bells....is this going to be one of the measures of a captain now?

Petey won’t fight but he does have more hits than Horvat. You would think that a guy who is 215 pounds would actually engage the opposition once in a while. But I understand it’s a contract year for him and he needs to make sure he doesn’t get injured. So makes sense he is focused on his goal scoring. 

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey won’t fight but he does have more hits than Horvat. You would think that a guy who is 215 pounds would actually engage the opposition once in a while. But I understand it’s a contract year for him and he needs to make sure he doesn’t get injured. So makes sense he is focused on his goal scoring. 

not questioning the hits here.  Ive seen a number of posters bring up fighting and backing down from scrums (as a criticism of Horvat) my point is...dont expect Petey to do any of that either.  And rightfully so, its not a prerequisite to be a captain (neither is hitting imho)

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

Exactly. That's why it signals a rebuild imho. Bo leaves and Center depth goes to hell, D depth already in hell. Prospect pool maybe gets a little better, but really it's hell too. It's a mess.

They very well might be forced into it but who knows.

Miller as a sheltered 2C if they can find a proper 3C who can handle big matchups and minutes might actually be better than what we have now.  

It’s a huge ask though and we’d have been better off with Horvat as the 2C in any case.

• Upvote 1