The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

15 hours ago, combover said:

Even worse they traded for toffoli as a rental gave up picks prospects lol

A dim jim Benning classic. 

this situation reminds me a bit of Tanevs. 
left him hanging while they tried to get a new shinny toy then when it fell apart made him an offer He laughed and went elsewhere.and rightfully so.  in the end Dim Jim and Francesco  got there over priced future Anchor/buyout Dman at a hefty price and he less effective than the guy they let walk. 

Horvat will be traded I don’t think he wants to be here anymore not after last summer,well that and the fact he’s wasted his career playing with trash linemates on a crap go nowhere team that still seems to have zero direction or plan. 

So rumours that horvat rejected the last contract offer last week. 

boeser rumored to have asked to be traded 

rathbone also rumored to ask to be traded after he sat for 6 weeks before they sent him down. 

No longer trading from a position of strength other gms are going to be lowballing this club and we will end up with next to nothing 

Last years TDL was the time to make this club better they missed there chance like usual with Francesco here

now it’s time to take whatever we can, so pathetic.  

C34B0D5D-FAAD-4E9B-BC99-0DB2CAE4A5F3.jpeg.584c61013b5991a98da745cd7b0fa6a7.jpegThe team will never have success until the Francesco is gone. 

100%...we gave up a prospect and a 2nd for a player (Toffoli) we got less than 20 games out of and then he walked for nothing. That has to be one of the dumbest moves we've ever done. Til this day it still blows my mind, it was a rental player for a team that wasn't going to contend for a cup. 

Aquilini's motto - "Playoff revenue or bust"

• Like 1
  • There it is 2

19 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

At the current rate, we are ending up drafting #10-15 and holding onto Horvat/Miller. Just kidding, that was last season, and it was where I slammed the organization for being indecisive. (And people jump on me for saying this lol)

The time to make a decision is right now. This is decisiveness. Not wait it out until decisions are made for us or too late to make any decisions. 

Bite the bullet, trade Horvat for a haul (not Debrusk pls I have a feeling he will suck playing elsewhere)

They will start making decisions soon I think, as this teams playoff chances dwindle that's the time to pull the trigger...sell at the deadline too. 

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

They will start making decisions soon I think, as this teams playoff chances dwindle that's the time to pull the trigger...sell at the deadline too. 

Hopefully JR has the freedom from Aquilini to make trades for futures.  I doubt it though so we will see trades that end up following the Aquilini directive to try and “win now” and to heck with a better tomorrow.  

• Like 2

It seems both sides have thrown down the time is now to move bo , boeser  there’s been enough turmoil this year. Keeping them around when the whole hockey world is watching doesn’t do any good for the remaining players. The bidding war for all we know has begun. Take the best offer/offers and move on. ASAP. 

• Vintage 1

1st, a top prospect and a roster player should be the starting price.

The conditions of the pick and or any additional picks are debatable?  Does Bo Resign, does the team get past a round or win the cup…

etc…

The Roster player needs to be a cap dump player and able to contribute to this years team or a longer term piece, which means a better roster player.

The prospect has to be blue chip and a position of need.  The Prospect can be anywhere from Jr to the NHL but lower in the depth chart, but a good future.

pretty easy to base any deal for Bo off that model.  

the quantity is less relevant that the quality of prospect(s) coming back. 

the pick will be a later first etc…

so the real return will be whomever the young prospect(s) are coming back.

phats.  

If we move Bo, we buy our time to move guys like Myers and Pearson for better assets later on.  In the final year of their deals, we could retain and get much more back in return.  50% retained on Myers and Pearson on the final years of their contracts would be worth much more.  Same goes with Boeser... we can be more patient in moving him.  

• Cheers 1

The sooner the better, tear the scab, the bounce back will happen and loosing Bo will also put us in the front runner spot to land Beddard.

If the wheels were coming off in a fast tear down rebuild but keeping Petey and Quinn, the vital guys, and making them the best they can be, then let’s do it.

when the second place tanker gets Fantelli, it’s a great draft to sink on.  

and we have the best in the biz at tanking.

Penguins management.  

• Like 1

Bo is gonna be worth a ton on the market.  We need to remember he's just entering his prime now.  The problem with miller was he was entering his early 30s already.  Bo is 27 years old.  I'd expect 3 to 4 high end pieces in return for him.  

Halford saying there's at least one team out there who would pay him 9M...

These contracts are getting nuts now that offence has blown up in the league and the cap hit isn't following it. We're going to end up with a lot of top heavy teams soon, and maybe the ones who don't have top stars and more depth will succeed?

Sound familiar? Seattle went for this mould and look at them now.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Carlo

DeBrusk

3rd

Giving the hottest trade asset in the market away for less than what Chiarot got would be peak Vancouver 

That would be terrible.  Lysell and a 1st would have to be included.  I assume if we move Bo it'll be with 50% retained.  Why would we not? It would maximize the bidding war.

• Upvote 1

Ryan O'Reilly trade for reference IMO...

Tage Thompson (grade B+ to A prospect)

Patrik Berglund (useful NHL player)

Vladimir Sobotka (see above)

1st Round pick

2nd Round pick

If it's Boston:

Fabian Lysell

Jake Debrusk

Brandon Carlo

1st

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Carlo

DeBrusk

3rd

Giving the hottest trade asset in the market away for less than what Chiarot got would be peak Vancouver 

What's the point of this trade. 3rd is magic bean territory. DeBrusk is an inconsistent winger similar to Brock and Garland. Carlo is win now material, which we aren't doing losing Bo. Pointless trade. 

Just now, rekker said:

What's the point of this trade. 3rd is magic bean territory. DeBrusk is an inconsistent winger similar to Brock and Garland. Carlo is win now material, which we aren't doing losing Bo. Pointless trade. 

Yea, not interested in debrusk. 

Carlo is fine but he’s also got concussion issues- there’s a reason Boston would rather part with him than forbort. 

Bidding needs to start somewhere like:

1. Carlo

2. 2023 1st

3. Good prospect 

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

Yea, not interested in debrusk. 

Carlo is fine but he’s also got concussion issues- there’s a reason Boston would rather part with him than forbort. 

Bidding needs to start somewhere like:

1. Carlo

2. 2023 1st

3. Good prospect 

I'd say the package needs to be:

Lysell

1st

Carlo

Debrusk

Yes it sounds like a lot, but how often does a guy like Horvat come along just about to enter his prime and scoring at a 50 goal rate as a centre capable of taking all of the most important faceoffs for the team...

Adding Debrusk gives us the flexibility to sell Boeser for dirt cheap as Debrusk can play those minutes for less cap.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Lysell

1st

Carlo

Debrusk

Yes it sounds like a lot, but how often does a guy like Horvat come along just about to enter his prime and scoring at a 50 goal rate as a centre capable of taking all of the most important faceoffs for the team...

Adding Debrusk gives us the flexibility to sell Boeser for dirt cheap as Debrusk can play those minutes for less cap.

We’re on the same page for the first 3 

I just have basically 0 faith in debrusk so if they wanna keep him, w/e 

Might not be a bad thing too to have miller moved to Center and one of our wingers getting some more ice time as a result 

• Cheers 1

Hopefully we arnt brain dead and just accept the best dmen package or whatever out there. The focus should be cap space, picks and prospects. Those 3 things are the most valuable to everyone. If we do some dumb crap like make a package around a fabbro or something I'll lose my mind lol

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Lysell

1st

Carlo

Debrusk

Agreed, package needs to contain legit quality - and I hope Mgmt gets started early and does not wait until the last minute. Start soliciting best offers now and make a decision in January (gives the trading team more time with Horvat and the market won't dry out as other players are traded). Make Horvat the asset that every team needs.

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

We’re on the same page for the first 3 

I just have basically 0 faith in debrusk so if they wanna keep him, w/e 

Might not be a bad thing too to have miller moved to Center and one of our wingers getting some more ice time as a result 

team america vomit GIF

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1