The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

20 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/will-noah-dobson-domino-finally-fall-on-nhl-summer-trade-front

is there any chance this was the trade that fell through on the draft floor?

Back when Lou had 11m in capspace maybe,.

but we’re far from that.

Isles have 2 mil in capspace , if they move Pageau and Romanov for Horvat that clears 7.5 ,  leaving money to sign Bo .… but I’m sure that guarantee is needed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Back when Lou had 11m in capspace maybe,.

but we’re far from that.

Isles have 2 mil in capspace , if they move Pageau and Romanov for Horvat that clears 7.5 ,  leaving money to sign Bo .… but I’m sure that guarantee is needed.

Pageau and Romanov for Bo works.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

interesting take.

I mean it’s always kinda been the issue with him.

Fans always said he didn’t put up points cause he didn’t have good wingers. But even with good wingers he doesn’t tend to make his linemates better.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Fans always said he didn’t put up points cause he didn’t have good wingers. But even with good wingers he doesn’t tend to make his linemates better.

ED3A202C-9C14-483B-BAED-D34044EE87FE.gif

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Bo is what he is.  

30-30 60-ish point guy.  

Huge on face offs.  

Big, heavy but can move.

Holds his own as a matchup 2 way guy.  

#2 C.  Very good maybe elite #2 C.  I think you can give him 8 mil as Petey will be making at least 10 as the 1C.

• Cheers 3

5 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

To be fair... I don't necessarily disagree with this. Haven't we all been drooling over the Schneiders, Newhook, Marrow, Byrams, of the NHL for about a year now?

Aren't those all classified as young players? I mean... I'm down for a trade if that's the type of return coming back.

If Old Jim believes what he said, and this team is 2-3 years away from contending, I'd rather a young player like that coming back then a bunch of picks.

To make things perfectly clear, I'm on team tear it down to the studs. I think this team is fundamentally flawed and needs a ton of work. But I'm A OK targeting talented young players if we think they have big upside.

Agreed if big upside but I wonder who would be willing to trade that type of player...maybe a up and coming bubble team that thinks Horvat will move them forward a few steps?

4 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Agreed if big upside but I wonder who would be willing to trade that type of player...maybe a up and coming bubble team that thinks Horvat will move them forward a few steps?

Was fantasizing getting Dylan Cozens from buffalo... That would fit your narrative of a bubble team... But we'd have to add in order to make that happen.  Really buffalo would hang up if that was the ask.

Bo plays more like a PWF than a two way. Which I think is the misconception with him. I am sure someone will bring up Bert. But he was a unicorn of a PWF. Guy had great playmaking skills and size and strength. Was a wicked player. Bo is likely a 25-30 goal, 55-65 point guy. Which is why I always say we want playmaking wingers for him. Not guys that need someone to make plays for them. I am not concerned about his assists. Haters will always find a way to hate on someone. Boeser has more assists than goals. Problem. Bo is a point per game guy with mostly goals. Now we are concerned about more goals than assists.

I only give a sh*t about your production. Are you contributing? The mental gymnastics people do to diminish someone on OUR TEAM is kinda wild. I am not saying break the bank for Bo. But you have to really, really be trying hard to lowball a guy to roast a point per game guy for not having more assists. Lol. Offer him the Ryan O'Reilly deal. He says no, trade him for a haul. But don't throw around ridiculous complaints about his assists.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Bo is what he is.  

30-30 60-ish point guy.  

Huge on face offs.  

Big, heavy but can move.

#2 C.  Very good maybe elite #2 C.  I think you can give him 8 mil as Petey will be making at least 10 as the 1C.

8 million is too high.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Been looking through some of the rumoured teams in the hunt for Horvat.  And also the rumour that Nucks management wants younger NHL roster player(s) back in the trade...

I just don't like a lot of the choices coming back that would be realistic.  Eriksson Ek would be a perfect 3rd line center that can move up in case if injury.... But I don't see Minn doing that.  Maybe Rangers handing over Chytil ++ he'd be a good young 3rd line center as well but that's about it.  The Islanders won't give up Dobson, and Bolduc is the only other good prospect that might be ready to step into our d... But again unproven and a left shot.  So no that doesn't work either.  As I mentioned in previous post... My first choice would be Cozens... But like Dobson in NY, that's a non starter.

I just hope management is looking at prospects and picks vs roster players... Otherwise I don't know if the return can be maximized.

1 hour ago, ilduce39 said:

Bo is what he is.  

30-30 60-ish point guy.  

Huge on face offs.  

Big, heavy but can move.

So Petey is making 10

Miller 8

Bo 8

Kuz 6

Is that even feasible. I don't think so.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

so many of his assists are faceoff wins I swear lol.

but ya I don’t and haven’t bought that either.

BO 

STRENGTHS

- Embraces Captaincy in Vancouver with all the media duties and scrutiny 

- PP Bumper Goal scoring Animal

- Top Tier Hand Eye (Goals by Tip / Deflection)

- Faceoff Stud

-  Physical Tools (speed / size / shot)

- Turned a weakness into a strength in one summer (skating)

- Competitor and Professional Approach to Being a Canuck 

- Community contributor 

- isn’t caught making the huge gaffes / turnovers 

- Decent in shootouts 

Potential / Expected Strength 

- extra gear for playoffs this is based off his insane memorial cup run in Jr and his bubble performance

WEAKNESSES

- not a playmaking C

- doesn’t create scoring chances for his line mates regularly, more of a finisher 

- Not a PKer

- Not as strong defensively as people think around the league (couturier/Kadri/bergeron/kopitar/toews/oreillyetc he’s not that kinda C)

BO is exceptional as a finisher, a skater, an offensives forward that beasts in the faceoff circle. Handles our media very well. He’s not a part of the problem in the room, or in the roster from what I can see. I think his style of playing helps the team become a winning team much more than a Miller / Boeser.

i do think a top 2 of BO and PETEY can be effective. And would rather move miller and boeser and add a Matchup/Pking RHC for the 3C and build the team like that.

but if Bo wants to go he’s gotta go. And I don’t think paying him north of 8.5M and Jt 8 and boeser just under 7 makes any sense at all.

we really should have sold high on JT last year that was the play 

• Cheers 1

To me the two moves that make sense are trading Bo and Luke. Their value is both high. If its a hockey trade then a natural move for me would be Horvat for Hronek. Schenn has a lot more team options but could be moved for a C who is 25 or under that can slot up and down the lineup; Maybe like a Nicolas Roy type 

New lines

Hoglander Miller Boeser

Kuzmenko Pettersson Mikheyev 

Garland Roy Lazar

Joshua Dries Studnika

Aman 

Hughes Hronek

OEL Bear

Buroughs Myers 

• RoughGame 1