The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

On 6/1/2022 at 11:24 AM, SilentSam said:

Who’s going to fill or replace JT ? 

to me I’d rather move Bo to probabilities in the now or future.

Than JT to the same thing.

The difference between signing either of them is a difference of 2-3 million .  
But the loss of Miller is greater, his inclinential growth to how he has established himself here in 4 years has been amazing.

Bo we drafted,  I get there’s lots of attachment to that ..  but this is about being the best team we can be ,  one, with its players constantly getting better not , playing on a plateau.

Would have to be offense by committee. You have enough offensive players on the team, and maybe even get a top six forward in return for JT. I mean, we have enough forwards who can score (and potentially score), but we have no RHD either on the team (to pair with Hughes), or in the pipeline. A JT trade would bring that return to us. I’d rather focus on that. It’s easier getting scoring forwards, either through free agency, or via trade, than it is getting a RHD. And we need the latter far more than the former. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Would have to be offense by committee. You have enough offensive players on the team, and maybe even get a top six forward in return for JT. I mean, we have enough forwards who can score (and potentially score), but we have no RHD either on the team (to pair with Hughes), or in the pipeline. A JT trade would bring that return to us. I’d rather focus on that. It’s easier getting scoring forwards, either through free agency, or via trade, than it is getting a RHD. And we need the latter far more than the former. 

Improve the D and you not only keep more pucks out of your net but improve offense from the back end. Imagine having more than one pairing consistently providing offense and improving your transition game. 

Depending on the type of D core management wants to piece together it's possible we actually get more out of our forwards over the next few seasons.

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Improve the D and you not only keep more pucks out of your net but improve offense from the back end. Imagine having more than one pairing consistently providing offense and improving your transition game. 

Depending on the type of D core management wants to piece together it's possible we actually get more out of our forwards over the next few seasons.

Yeah. Makes sense, right?

So I think it’s prudent to see what management can get for JT. Will he help another team? Absolutely. But if we can get some really valuable and core pieces for this team moving forward. It’s gotta be a game changer kind of deal. 

On 6/2/2022 at 10:39 AM, canuck73_3 said:

Bo’s leadership is more important than Miller’s the fact the were already calling him Cap long before he was officially named captain is proof of that. 

Who was calling him that? Wasn't that before JT Miller was even acquired? When I watch them play seems like Miller is the guy leading the troops into the fray...Horvat is often pretty invisible.  Not sure why everyone thinks he's such an amazing leader when the guy has led his team to one playoff victory lol.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, highwayman3 said:

Who was calling him that? Wasn't that before JT Miller was even acquired? When I watch them play seems like Miller is the guy leading the troops into the fray...Horvat is often pretty invisible.  Not sure why everyone thinks he's such an amazing leader when the guy has led his team to one playoff victory lol.  

Horvat is responsible for many clutch goals for us much like Miller.

He’s the quiet leader that plays the tough underrated minutes. It’s not his fault he’s been on so many poor teams.

Either way I think the two balance each other out. Horvat is the calm cool and collected leader and Miller is the vocal emotional leader. We don’t have to compare the two or pin them against each other. The team has good leadership in place and they proved it during their second half run.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, highwayman3 said:

Probably because he's a good ol Canadian boy. I'd also trade horvat over miller.  Horvat is nothing too special. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, .Naslund said:

Probably because he's a good ol Canadian boy. I'd also trade horvat over miller.  Horvat is nothing too special. 

I disagree and I think many teams would snatch Horvat from us in a second.

We can’t discount the tough minutes he plays. Just look at Edmonton and how badly they need a player like Horvat.

In a perfect world we keep both.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

I disagree and I think many teams would snatch Horvat from us in a second.

We can’t discount the tough minutes he plays. Just look at Edmonton and how badly they need a player like Horvat.

In a perfect world we keep both.

We don't have anyone in the system who can replicate Bo's combination of offense and faceoff prowess. Part of Miller having the season he did was likely in part because of Bo's eating those minutes, having Bo behind him likely freed him up to do his thing.

Bo's worth more to this team than what he'd return via trade.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Trade bo? Haha this fanbase. Having control of the puck helps you in literally every aspect of the game, Getting rid of the guy who take the most and wins the most is probably not the play to make lmao. 

Let's look how many guys can do that, while being pretty damn durable, While scoring 30 goals and 60 points. But draft picks right

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, highwayman3 said:

Gotta agree.

• Cheers 1

On 6/3/2022 at 12:15 AM, Coconuts said:

Hockey is real difficult when you only have 4 guys playing against 5 every single shift. Let's face it our right side adds nothing to the game and most often are just defensive liabilities with absolutely no offensive contributions besides the rare decent play by Myers.

This topic is funny. Bo isn't going anywhere.

Once again the guys clamoring for Miller and wanting to dump Bo instead don't get that no one is against Miller and there is no reason to put either guy down. They just don't understand NHL hockey.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Horvat and the #15 to PHI for the #5?  Draft one of these guys (in this order):

Wright

Nemec

Cooley

Jiricek

Slafkovsky

Re-sign Miller as the older, veteran leader

And if one those D busts like Juolevi?

You’ve traded Horvat and a good player at 15 for a bust…

Horrible risky trade that doesn’t provide us a lot of real value.

Look back at drafts and see how many impact players are actually taken past number 2 and it’s not as many as you’d think. The odds of picking an underwhelming player there is quite high.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And if one those D busts like Juolevi?

You’ve traded Horvat and a good player at 15 for a bust…

Horrible risky trade that doesn’t provide us a lot of real value.

Look back at drafts and see how many impact players are actually taken past number 2 and it’s not as many as you’d think. The odds of picking an underwhelming player there is quite high.

Yeah, terribly risky and probably an awful idea, but I'm bored, and the Canucks D is bad, haven't had a #1RD since Tanev, with no one on the horizon.  Maybe they find a way to get Marino or Carlo? That would be better, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not sure how bold this management group is going to be. They seem very reserved and calculated, with a lot of different opinions. They might be trying to keep all of the good players and trading away the less than players for cap space. This doesn't excite me too much, and it's possible they don't do much. 

I don't think a successful playoffs is going to happen until they fix the D.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, terribly risky and probably an awful idea, but I'm bored, and the Canucks D is bad, haven't had a #1RD since Tanev, with no one on the horizon.  Maybe they find a way to get Marino or Carlo? That would be better, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not sure how bold this management group is going to be. They seem very reserved and calculated, with a lot of different opinions. They might be trying to keep all of the good players and trading away the less than players for cap space. This doesn't excite me too much, and it's possible they don't do much. 

I don't think a successful playoffs is going to happen until they fix the D.

I'd trade Miller in a heartbeat for a chance at one of those guys (hope we do) ... not Bo though then you're left with no Center support moving forward, and leaving Petey to sink or swim. Then you're going to need another top 5 pick to replace Bo.

What you're proposing is a rebuild selling off both Bo and Miller and hoping the resulting assets can jump into the NHL and make an impact within 2-4 years. I just don't think it's worth it. You have to have some veteran leadership ... who better than Bo?

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, highwayman3 said:

The entire roster the year we had no captain. Your take on Bo is laughable at best. Trolling at worst. Lol. 

10 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Horvat and the #15 to PHI for the #5?  Draft one of these guys (in this order):

Wright

Nemec

Cooley

Jiricek

Slafkovsky

Re-sign Miller as the older, veteran leader

Yiiiiiikes. I wouldn’t move Bo straight across for any pick but #1 in this years draft, let alone #5. 

• Like 1