The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

55 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Say what? He doesn't need to "say" anything.

He's refusing to participate in pride related activities based on "religious grounds". At best, it's condoning of homophobia, at worst....

Let's not dress this up. It's LGBTQ+-phobic behavior and hiding behind religious beliefs doesn't change that. He has the freedom and religious "rights" to do so. We equally have the freedom to condemn him for his hateful, ignorant, idiocy.

1.9 Billion Muslims have entered the chat.

2 hours ago, Maginator said:

Management needs to use this as leverage for a better deal though. If a team can trade and sign for Bo we should be able to get a greater package vs. what a package would be for him as a rental.

Create a bidding war for an extended Bo.

i see no reason why bo would do the canucks a favor and do a sign and trade to screw his new team of extra asset. not for the current management group anyways

12 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i see no reason why bo would do the canucks a favor and do a sign and trade to screw his new team of extra asset. not for the current management group anyways

An extra year, eigth year, to the tune of 8 million may be a reason 

Edited by rekker

14 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Because he gets his money guaranteed. Doesn't have to go through free agency process. No risk financially if injury occurs... Etc.

Bo wants his bag.

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

An extra year, eigth year, to the tune of 8 million may be a reason 

1 minute ago, Maginator said:

Because he gets his money guaranteed. Doesn't have to go through free agency process. No risk financially if injury occurs... Etc.

Bo wants his bag.

Not going to happen.

JR already stated they put forth a “fair” offer.

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

Bo wants his bag.

lol he's getting his money guaranteed regardless in the UFA? why wouldn't he want to go thru free agency process?? it's not like he's going to sit there past july 1st waiting for a team to call him.. there'd be a long lineup of teams wanting to sign him and he get to pick and choose the team.. no player worries about an injury that derails their contract.. his goal is the secure the bag and win a cup. he can easily negotiate the contract with the new team AFTER he's traded if he's worried about injury and not cost his new team extra asset that could be used towards the cup.. perfect way to stick his middle finger up at JR

2 hours ago, Odjicks_Knuckles said:

1.9 Billion Muslims have entered the chat.

Not all Muslims bud. 

I think I get your overall point, but you poorly stated it. 

Also, this is the wrong thread for that. 

And remember, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Atheists and others love this team and are entitled to love and be respected for our collective love and critique of this team. 

Let us Canucks supporters always remember that our hate should never be directed at each other…it should be directed at the owner. :ph34r:

• There it is 1

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Not all Muslims bud. 

I think I get your overall point, but you poorly stated it. 

Also, this is the wrong thread for that. 

And remember, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Atheists and others love this team and are entitled to love and be respected for our collective love and critique of this team. 

Let us Canucks supporters always remember that our hate should never be directed at each other…it should be directed at the owner. :ph34r:

:lol:

I feel I am of a very small minority that appreciates local ownership spending to the cap lol.....been through all the owners. Something to be said for the security FA brings even if you dont like his way of running his club.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

To VAN

lysell

Trent Frederic

carlo 

2023 1st

To BOS

Horvat 

Schenn 

Rathbone 

Mcdonut 

I don't see Schenn and Horvat both going to Boston. Frankly they don't have the assets to pull that off.

I think Schenn will be bid on by Boston, Tampa, and Toronto with the team providing the best draft pick or picks as the winner.

Horvat may not bring the return type we are hearing but I would bet money its a team that moves off one if their top 3 prospects, a roster player under 25 yrs old and depending on the prospect likely a pick. I dont see a sign and trade. Vancouver since Gillis has shown no desire to be creative, weaponize cap, or think outside the box.

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

Which was "under market value"...

JR is negotiating.  He shouldn't do it public, but he clearly chose to do that.  IMHAO Bo will be extended before the TDL.  Bo, Miller, Hughes, Petey, Demko are not the problem with this club.  It's the supporting group who aren't good enough and eat up way too much cap for what they provide. OEL, Myers, Garland, Boeser.  Those four need to go.  Big mistake just not letting Boeser walk last summer.  Garland might be able to be traded to clear his cap.  Fingers crossed.  Myers is gone TDL 2024.  We are stuck with OEL unless our owner approves a buyout.  

One of the things about a Bo trade is that, in the upcoming draft, I would say that the odds are pretty good that we'll be selecting a centre in the draft with where we're projected to finish and who's available. If we win the lottery we take Bedard, if we win the 2nd we probably go with Fantilli (or maybe Carlsson), and at the 5th to 8th pick we may end up with someone like Smith, Yager or Dvorsky. Long-term, either guy would slot right into Bo's spot. 

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

This is an example of the problem. The player simply declined taking part, in no way made any negative comments or disrespected those taking part.

He has his own beliefs and religion he follows. You can respect his decision and move on. You don't have to like him, his decision or his religion absolutely but this does not make him a monster or hateful by default.

The world is not our society and our level of inclusion, acceptance and empowerment. Our culture does not have to parallel other cultures around the world or vice versa. Is there a right and wrong? Sure most humans get it. You are talking about equality and freedom, human rights. 

Yeah, no. Like I said, it's at best, condoning homophobia. Period. Which is in fact hateful and ignorant. Period.

He has the freedom to be ignorant and hateful (within the law). I have the freedom to state that his actions are ignorant and hateful.

• Like 1