The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

40 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Florida hasn’t been mentioned but if they can inch within striking distance of the playoffs they could bite 

Heard that they haven’t been overly impressed with Reinhart (1 more year @6.5m)

Florida doesn’t have many picks to offer as a sweetener though

They don't want picks.  Lundell would have to be a part of any Fla deal

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Probably not.  But if getting that is a possibility, then I could definitely see Rutherford letting that team negotiate with him ahead of the TDL.

Yeah I would definitely hope so. Getting a good return is key for the state of the team.

• Cheers 1

I believe they're looking for young NHL players in or just out of their ELC, who may benefit from a new opportunity. Canucks will need a C, with Horvat leaving.

Guesses:

CBJ - (C) Sillinger

CAR - (C) Kotkaniemi

DET - (C/LW) Rasmussen or (C) Veleno

getting slinger would be a home run but I doubt CBJ does this, they also have lots of right shot D and if they want to take the next step they should consider bo as they have Laine, gudreau and could very well land beard making silinger superfluous especially with Jenner, roslovic and Johnson ...

they also have Boqvist, peeks, among other good prospects.

I would accept sillinger and a 2nd 

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

If that's what it takes to get Wright, yes. 

I'd be circling back to other teams in that case. CAR in particular.

I agree with this, which is why I'm also fine to see Bo move on. He wants to be a playoff team but doesn't want to play the way it takes to make the playoffs. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I firmly believe Bo is who Hansen was referring to about padding stats at the expense of playing the right way. 

Could say that about a few players, sure. But again, circumstantial.

Granted, but is he truly worth more than JT money with everything considered? I don't think so. Bo sure does think so.

I didn't comment on what Bo should be paid. You also have no idea what Bo thinks.

Bo and JL for Wright and $8m+ cap space is a good deal for our future. If we can get anything else with Wright then even better, but Wright is getting terribly underrated, likely due to him falling to #4.

I don't think he's underrated at all. I think @Shayster007's valuation is probably close.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

getting slinger would be a home run but I doubt CBJ does this, they also have lots of right shot D and if they want to take the next step they should consider bo as they have Laine, gudreau and could very well land beard making silinger superfluous especially with Jenner, roslovic and Johnson ...

they also have Boqvist, peeks, among other good prospects.

I would accept sillinger and a 2nd 

Sillinger has 2 goals in 40 games this year. They might be okay letting him go. Plus, they have Kent Johnson at C as well, and could have Horvat-Johnson-Roslovic-Jenner down the middle.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd be circling back to other teams in that case. CAR in particular.

Could say that about a few players, sure. But again, circumstantial.

I didn't comment on what Bo should be paid. You also have no idea what Bo thinks.

I don't think he's underrated at all. I think @Shayster007's valuation is probably close.

Reporting said he was asking for more than JT, so I'm going off that. Anyhoogan, no point going in circles. 

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

I've come to terms with Horvat being traded. I don't like that we kept Miller but lose Horvat, but it is what it is.

I'd have to think long and hard about Wright for Horvat straight. My gut leans toward no, but I'm not sure how much more it would take. I don't know much about Wright past his draft year, and even then he wasn't in our scope so I didn't pay all that much attention. He hasn't stood out to me anytime I've seen him since the draft 

Having back to back 2-way centres is something I would be all over personally.

On top of that we would draft one of the 6-7 centres going in the top 10.

Like mentioned by other posters, it doesn’t resolve our RHD issues. Team is going to have to get real creative solving that.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

Source??

I would like to have read.  Thanks.

I don't remember who reported it, sorry, and I'm not going to sift the internet to find it. (I think JR might have been the one to say they don't want to pay him more than JT.)

49 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I believe they're looking for young NHL players in or just out of their ELC, who may benefit from a new opportunity. Canucks will need a C, with Horvat leaving.

Guesses:

CBJ - (C) Sillinger

CAR - (C) Kotkaniemi

DET - (C/LW) Rasmussen or (C) Veleno

If Kotkaniemi is the main piece coming back…

Kermit Suicide GIF

• Haha 1

Hahahahaaaaa sure bud.

This dude is taking his job a little to seriously and must truly be hittin the Krak pipe. 

(from Kraken blogger Sean Maloughney):

What would it take for the Seattle Kraken to get Bo Horvat? At first I took this rumour with a grain of salt but it continues to pop up more and more by people I respect and who's opinions I trust. Horvat would give the Kraken a legitimate top six centre and a huge boost to their two way play.

The Canucks are an absolute mess right now with no real understanding of how they want to proceed as a team. The team should absolutely be going back into a full rebuild, collecting as many picks and prospects as possible. Ownership however seems to think that they are just a few veterans away from being a playoff team. Everything in Canuck Land has been mishandled. All this means is a team like the Kraken might have exactly what the Canucks "think" will push them into the promised land.

If the Canucks want NHL ready players for Horvat, what about Yanni Gourde? The 31 year old has two more years on his deal after this one and a respectable 6-23-29 in 43 games this season, playing most in a third line capacity for the Kraken. Last season in a more prolific role, Gourde put up 21 goals. Of course with Gourde there is the connection with the now long term signed J.T. Miller who played together in Tampa. 

What about Tolvanen with 5 goals in 10 games this season for the Kraken? The 23 year old is signed for this season and next season at 1.45 million and is an RFA at the end of the deal.

Gourde, Tolvanen, a 1st, and a conditional 1st if he resigns in exchange for Bo Horvat. Who says no to that deal? I honestly believe that is exactly the kind of trade that the Canucks think is a slam dunk for them moving forward. I look at it as the team trading an expensive third line centre, a top nine winger on a heater, and a 1st in exchange for a legit top end centreman. This is what the lineup could look like for the Kraken with that in mind:

Burakovsky-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Horvat-McCann
Donato-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Tanev-Geekie-Sprong

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Hahahahaaaaa sure bud.

This dude is taking his job a little to seriously and must truly be hittin the Krak pipe. 

(from Kraken blogger Sean Maloughney):

What would it take for the Seattle Kraken to get Bo Horvat? At first I took this rumour with a grain of salt but it continues to pop up more and more by people I respect and who's opinions I trust. Horvat would give the Kraken a legitimate top six centre and a huge boost to their two way play.

The Canucks are an absolute mess right now with no real understanding of how they want to proceed as a team. The team should absolutely be going back into a full rebuild, collecting as many picks and prospects as possible. Ownership however seems to think that they are just a few veterans away from being a playoff team. Everything in Canuck Land has been mishandled. All this means is a team like the Kraken might have exactly what the Canucks "think" will push them into the promised land.

If the Canucks want NHL ready players for Horvat, what about Yanni Gourde? The 31 year old has two more years on his deal after this one and a respectable 6-23-29 in 43 games this season, playing most in a third line capacity for the Kraken. Last season in a more prolific role, Gourde put up 21 goals. Of course with Gourde there is the connection with the now long term signed J.T. Miller who played together in Tampa. 

What about Tolvanen with 5 goals in 10 games this season for the Kraken? The 23 year old is signed for this season and next season at 1.45 million and is an RFA at the end of the deal.

Gourde, Tolvanen, a 1st, and a conditional 1st if he resigns in exchange for Bo Horvat. Who says no to that deal? I honestly believe that is exactly the kind of trade that the Canucks think is a slam dunk for them moving forward. I look at it as the team trading an expensive third line centre, a top nine winger on a heater, and a 1st in exchange for a legit top end centreman. This is what the lineup could look like for the Kraken with that in mind:

Burakovsky-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Horvat-McCann
Donato-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Tanev-Geekie-Sprong

I don’t actually think he’s far off.  2 1sts, Gourde and a D prospect instead of Tolvanen probably gets it done, depending on what other teams are offering.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Are we really arguing that Horvat for Wright is not fair for us and Seattle would have to add?

We're talking last year's potential 1st OA gold medal team captain 4 points in 5 games in the AHL now 2 ppg in the OHL RHC Shane Wright?

If Seattle offers him for Horvat 1-1 you take it and shut up.

Come on guys, be realistic here.  We literally just did this with Miller.  If someone came up now and offered Chytil and a 1st for Miller you'd all jump and so would I.  Horvat for Wright as an offer is something that gets signed two seconds after it's offered because we know better 

I said it earlier, people are underrating Wright. Bo (and even adding JL) for Wright is a great deal for us.

• Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Are we really arguing that Horvat for Wright is not fair for us and Seattle would have to add?

We're talking last year's potential 1st OA gold medal team captain 4 points in 5 games in the AHL now 2 ppg in the OHL RHC Shane Wright?

If Seattle offers him for Horvat 1-1 you take it and shut up.

Come on guys, be realistic here.  We literally just did this with Miller.  If someone came up now and offered Chytil and a 1st for Miller you'd all jump and so would I.  Horvat for Wright as an offer is something that gets signed two seconds after it's offered because we know better 

Take that deal and run, even if we have to throw in Lekky I would highly consider it.