The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

13 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Might change CAR’s plans if Pac is out long term

CAP SPAAAAAAAACE and there goes their "deadline acquisition"

I know JR and PA did not fully expect to get Necas for Bo but Jarvis and Morrow would be a good package .... hey hey what about this... maybe Schenn replaces the Jalen Chatefiled dude on the third pair....

To CAR

Horvat 

Schenn

To VAN

Seth Jarvis

Morrow 

13 minutes ago, RWJC said:

It includes a conditional first only if he extends, which I doubt he would do in SEA. Just feels underwhelming though it may be in the ballpark, no?

True, that changes the complexion a ton - if they let him talk and an extension is in the bag it looks a lot better.  

Agreed without the second 1st it’s not a good deal and likely better is found elsewhere.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hence why we should stop our moronic trading away of high picks

Tolvanen was just plucked off waivers, I'm not taking someone we passed on as part of a trade return 

The couple of 1sts is nice but Gourde doesn't move the needle for me at all 

trudat, I would think about Tolvanen for Schenn but no thanks to Tolvi as the prospect in the bo trade

• Huggy Bear 1

Im still hoping NJD take a run at Bo (theyve been rumoured to have interest).

Their PP has been better this year but its still a work in progress.  They havnt solidified a bumper spot and Bo can win draws-seems like a fit.

Would give them a deep line down the middle.   Bo is a character guy and wants to win.  Plus they have the space and assets to do it.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I believe they're looking for young NHL players in or just out of their ELC, who may benefit from a new opportunity. Canucks will need a C, with Horvat leaving.

Guesses:

CBJ - (C) Sillinger

CAR - (C) Kotkaniemi

DET - (C/LW) Rasmussen or (C) Veleno

Prefer the local kid Kent Johnson over Sillinger ::D

Kotkaniemi injured Petey, He will not be a Canuck!

I'd like a deal involving Rasmussen, Soderblom, Vrana & Edvinsson for Horvat, Boeser & Hoglander, maybe 1 or 2 of their 1/3 rounder dmen prefer Barton or Tuomisto.

Heck I'd even retain half on Bo and take one of P.suter or Sundqvist to make the cap work(both ufa at seasons end)

Detroit has 9 d prospects from rounds 1-3 not currently in the NHL

Edvinsson 1st

Barton rhd 3rd

Mcissac lhd 2nd

albert johansson lhd 2nd (careful there is an Anton too)

Sebrango lhd 3rd

Viro lhd 3rd

Wallinder lhd 2nd

Tuomisto rhd 2nd

Buium Lhd 2nd

21 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

He just came off IR for a torn achillies-if this is related to that or a new (and presumably bad) lower body injury it could spell bad news for Patches. Rehabbing an Achillies is bad enough-something new would be really tough to deal with.

Oh dang just went and found the video. You could be right, could be Achilles. He's just gliding, and when he goes to plant to take a stride his leg gives way. Could have been knee, but no sign of a buckle or anything catch, leg just went limp.

According to DeCock the trainer performed a Thompson test. Quick and dirty test to check for a full tear. Rod the Bod also sounds very pessimistic. Knees are tough to diagnose without imaging. Special tests can give you an idea but you never know until you get a look. Achilles... You know. If it's a full rupture the damn thing can bunch up in the calf, looks like a knotted sock. It's pretty wild.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

I don't agree with thst. Ones a 4th overall, one was 15th under a year ago. Horvats value at it's a rock bottom is a late first, good prospect, and roster player as a rental. His high end should be higher then that if he's looking to be resigned, which I'm sure Seattle would be. Also, trading within division tax.

I don't think Wright's value is a mid first, a late first, a high end prospect, and a roster player.

Wright is a little unique in that he was a hyped #1 6 months before the draft. He still has some of that pedigree 

11 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Gotta laugh when I see that CDC'ers expect Seattle will offer us Wright for Horvat,while the Kraken blogger expects we would jump on a package centred on 31-year-old Gourde for Bo!  Could there be two more discrepant perceptions!:lol::lol:

I don't think there's an expectation of Wright for Horvat.

I think the belief that Wright alone not being enough has been countered a number of times based on a number of stats.

I also think the Seattle blogger is correct in their summary of the state of vancouver, but also that the suggestion of Gourde/Tolvanen as a good return is the ramblings of someone who is new to the hockey blogging world.  I will although agree with one person in which the idea of a prospect or young roster player and 2 firsts in this and or next years draft or for 24/25 and gambling on them is a fantastic idea if it is offered.

13 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Gotta laugh when I see that CDC'ers expect Seattle will offer us Wright for Horvat,while the Kraken blogger expects we would jump on a package centred on 31-year-old Gourde for Bo!  Could there be two more discrepant perceptions!:lol::lol:

That's why I am throwing Lekarimaki and probably a 2nd

6 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Wright is a little unique in that he was a hyped #1 6 months before the draft. He still has some of that pedigree 

Very fair point, there was hype around him. That being said, he fell for a reason. Exactly same think can be said for JL. He was rated 8-10 in the majority of mocks and dropped as well.

Still don't think a 2 for 1 is a reasonable deal for Wright though.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pacioretty had a rough non-contact injury. Looked bad.

Wonder if Canes might be more interested in Horvat or might even be interested in Miller...

There were rumours they wanted to re-sign him. That very much could be in doubt now.

Miller or Horvat with an extension might look a lot more enticing now.

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I believe they're looking for young NHL players in or just out of their ELC, who may benefit from a new opportunity. Canucks will need a C, with Horvat leaving.

Guesses:

CBJ - (C) Sillinger

CAR - (C) Kotkaniemi

DET - (C/LW) Rasmussen or (C) Veleno

CBJ and Detroit probably also going for Bedard.  Don't see why they would want to improve their roster.  They can try to get Horvat in free agency - doesn't have to be at the TDL when the prize is Bedard and they are already out of the playoffs.

Fwiw John Davidson who was hired back on top of Kekaleinen just said they aren't trading Sillinger.  CBJ are trying to rebuild. The Gaudreau signing was similar to when NYR added Panarin right in the middle of their own rebuild - an opportunity that only cost cap space.  

Edited by mll

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Very fair point, there was hype around him. That being said, he fell for a reason. Exactly same think can be said for JL. He was rated 8-10 in the majority of mocks and dropped as well.

Still don't think a 2 for 1 is a reasonable deal for Wright though.

Wright has a Jared Mccan type personality. That is why he fell. Personality risks are easier to manage than lack of talent, bad skating or injuries imo

56 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Might change CAR’s plans if Pac is out long term

DeepDarkCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restr

6 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pacioretty had a rough non-contact injury. Looked bad.

Wonder if Canes might be more interested in Horvat or might even be interested in Miller...

Both?! ::D

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1