The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Sakic talk was just that, talk.  He built a new life with his family in Denver.  He was never coming back to Vancouver.  As for Kariya, he was never the same after he left Anaheim.  I think he played for like 3 or 4 teams afterwards before he retired.  So even if he had come here it wouldn't have made much of a difference really. 

Kariya was near a PPG player after his short stint with Colorado. He would have definitely helped our team, considering we were one of the lowest scoring teams from 2006-2008. 

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

Kariya was near a PPG player after his short stint with Colorado. He would have definitely helped our team, considering we were one of the lowest scoring teams from 2006-2008. 

Even on st louis n nash he was still putting up points.  But yes, he was never the same bc of the concussions.  Legendary player nonetheless 

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm just saying, just because a player is born in BC doesn't mean they'd want to come home to play. 

We've had some BC born player who were hall of famers, and they never want to come home to play, Sakic, Yzerman, Kariya to name a few. 

This exactly, I was born and raised in BC and I despise Vancouver.  Vancouver isn't as great as people on this board think it is.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Kuz Missile chose us. 

Didn;t Boudreau play a factor in his decision? Maybe I'm thinking of a different player but there was one free agent that signed in Vancouver lastoff season because of BB, maybe it was Mikayev?

15 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Screenshot_20230123_091822_Chrome.jpg

I've a strong suspicion that with how accountable and demanding Tocchet is on the defensive end of things.  As the points dry up and the grind gets harder Kuzmenko may second guess staying in Vancouver.

I fear the same for Pettersson 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I've a strong suspicion that with how accountable and demanding Tocchet is on the defensive end of things.  As the points dry up and the grind gets harder Kuzmenko may second guess staying in Vancouver.

Pettersson is a star and will be treated as such. Tocchet will push Pettersson to mature and take on more responsibility - which I think Pettersson wants. Time to stop babying Petey. 

Not sure Kuzmenko sticks around though, he might struggle with a demanding coach with new rules in how he wants them to play. Hope he does re-sign in VAN, but we'll see.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

Was just looking back in this thread…on Thursday or Friday someone on Twitter said it was down to 4 teams, DET, BOS, SEA and one more, and was really hinting at SEA.

Buccigross is not really an insider.  Seems more like speculation.

Friedman on his 32 Thoughts podast du jour says Seattle are not in it anymore.  He says there was dispute on whether Seattle had real interest with some people thinking they were never that serious. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Plaguez said:

This exactly, I was born and raised in BC and I despise Vancouver.  Vancouver isn't as great as people on this board think it is.

I would specifically cite the Vancouver media and then go sign elsewhere. 

Give me San Jose winters instead. 

51 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Pettersson thrives playing a hard defensive game and being leaned on in those situations. I actually think Toc is going to be a great coach for him and Hughes. Miller on the other hand... That could be a match made in heaven or bitter enemies.

• elephant 2

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wait what?  DEMKO??!  Geez... how low are we gonna go...

EDIT:  Ok, I haven't listened to it, but the way that is written sounds like Demko is on the trade block too lol

Edited by HKSR

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Wait what?  DEMKO??!  Geez... how low are we gonna go...

EDIT:  Ok, I haven't listened to it, but the way that is written sounds like Demko is on the trade block too lol

I had an equally panicked response lol

Definitely written a little poorly

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Sakic talk was just that, talk.  He built a new life with his family in Denver.  He was never coming back to Vancouver.  As for Kariya, he was never the same after he left Anaheim.  I think he played for like 3 or 4 teams afterwards before he retired.  So even if he had come here it wouldn't have made much of a difference really. 

I get that, I just meant there have been " opportunities " for home grown talent to come back, just doesn't seem to work that way. Sakic definitely built a life and something special in Colorado for sure