The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Our owner isn’t allowing core guys to be traded.  Sure, moving Bo to get Pulock would be fantastic!  But it’s not going to happen.  Not because the Islanders would refuse or Pulock won’t waive his trade clause, but because our owner won’t approve it.  Any trade of a core guy has to go through our owner.  

So miller is designated a core player morris than Horvat, who is about 3 years younger ? Pretty stupid management in that case. 

17 minutes ago, Pbhatti00 said:

So miller is designated a core player morris than Horvat, who is about 3 years younger ? Pretty stupid management in that case. 

Not a management decision.  It’s an owner decision.  Miller, Bo, Hughes, Petey, Demko.  That’s our core five.  Any trade of those guys would need Aquilini’s approval.  And when, since he bought the club, has he approved the trade of a key core guy at a TDL?  

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

And what happens next season when Horvat is gone?

They’re likely only looking at him as a rental.

They use the cap space from Horvat expiring to sign/trade for one? Doubt they care if they manage to win a cup with Horvat, who is a clear upgrade over Roy.

They also have a metric butt tonne of C prospects.

Edited by aGENT

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

From what Friedman said. Detroit's interest has only increased because they feel they might now be able to bring Larkin back. I don't think they want Larkin and Horvat together, but one or the other. But management hasn't allowed teams to talk to Bo's agent, so how likely are they to pay a premium for a couple months of Bo? Only to lose both Horvat and Larkin in the same offseason. Lol. Detroit would have to really hope that Horvat is fine not contending right away. Which if that was the case Bo would just stay here.

Apparently bo has a lot of family in or near Detroit so he would likely sign there. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Not a management decision.  It’s an owner decision.  Miller, Bo, Hughes, Petey, Demko.  That’s our core five.  Any trade of those guys would need Aquilini’s approval.  And when, since he bought the club, has he approved the trade of a key core guy at a TDL?  

Possible, but I don’t see the owner choosing miller over Horvat, a player they drafted and developed, feel like this is all Rutherford. Don’t get me wrong, I hate Aquilini and his meddling too, guy has not a clue what he’s doing. 

• There it is 1

I wanted to keep Horvat , but have lost the luster for doing so

He must appreciate his mates setting him up for his big payday, but where is he as a leader when his mates get crosschecked right in front of him?

He is to be a leader, I thought the new mantra was changing? 

Most likely he needs to go for building a more coherent group who look out for one another

Go ahead Bo watch your mates get abused and just do absolutely nothing, not even a fake grab, that's ok because you have done this far too many times and i would rather you not getting hurt before you are traded

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Apparently bo has a lot of family in or near Detroit so he would likely sign there. 

But he wants to play for a playoff team, so maybe not.

4 minutes ago, Ballisticsports. said:

He must appreciate his mates setting him up for his big payday, but where is he as a leader when his mates get crosschecked right in front of him?

Most likely he needs to go for building a more coherent group who look out for one another

Go ahead Bo watch your mates get abused and just do absolutely nothing, not even a fake grab, that's ok because you have done this far too many times and i would rather you not getting hurt before you are traded

I thought the same until my buddy reminded me that he's not going to punch his friend (Domi).

50 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I thought the same until my buddy reminded me that he's not going to punch his friend (Domi).

Although that would be the true sign of a leader...total sacrifice for the team haha

Horvat has been a good Canuck but time to see what EP can do as the driver of this team. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Domi  harshly crosschecked one of his 'buddies" (Horvat) teammates right in front of him while knowing Horvat is the leader of that team

He must know Horvat is a weak kneed player then and have no respect towards his friend to embarrass him in front of his new coach, ,team mates and fans

I lose respect for that BB is the same way and hope they both go

3 hours ago, Ballisticsports. said:

I honestly can’t believe he didn’t even grab Domi there…

I know everyone is different this and that. 

And he just scored a goal but man got cranked in the back dirty by domi who Bo knows.

even just grabbing him away like a disappointed parent, to give Joshua and the down goalie more space woulda been better then just standing their awkwardly waiting for him to get up to celly the goal.

i didn’t like the optics of it either 

but ya I don’t want him risking injury right now too.

In reality I still like Bo a ton. Would have loved to keep him on the team. He handles the market pressure and captain responsibilities better than honestly anyone. And he’s been captain through some insanely dark days. And still improves his game year after year.

He’s not perfect but he’s a very impressive person and professional hockey player and it’s sad he won’t be a career Canuck. Cause he woulda smashed some all time lists.

So we better hit a home run on the trade or I’ll never forgive this management group.

Edited by R3aL
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Jester13 said:

My memory is telling me they weren’t friends just fantastic jr line mates that played great together. 

but someone correct me if wrong 

1 hour ago, Ballisticsports. said:

Domi  harshly crosschecked one of his 'buddies" (Horvat) teammates right in front of him while knowing Horvat is the leader of that team

He must know Horvat is a weak kneed player then and have no respect towards his friend to embarrass him in front of his new coach, ,team mates and fans

I lose respect for that BB is the same way and hope they both go

Domi did not know Or care Bo was there.

he had tunnel vision for a guy he had an interaction with already and the frustration of him scoring on his team right in front of him.

he lost all awareness 

he basically hurt his own goalie more than Joshua by the stupid play too.

there was zero thought of Bo or anyone else on that play by Domi.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, R3aL said:

My memory is telling me they weren’t friends just fantastic jr line mates that played great together. 

but someone correct me if wrong 

Domi was one of the groomsmen at Horvat's wedding. 

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Who confirmed this for you ?

Other than Petey and Hughes everyone can be had. Further there are some in the goaltending community who believe Demko will not physically be able to return to form after his injury from last year and if he still has solid value you make a deal.

Bo could sign or get dealt nobody really knows. Miller likely not being moved after the commitment the club made to him. Thing is for all these valuations on players and the cap soon to start climbing Miller's deal is not bad at all.

5 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Thing is for all these valuations on players and the cap soon to start climbing Miller's deal is not bad at all.

*For a team looking to win now.

It's a pretty solid value deal in fact. Just not for this team that's clearly going to be just building (no "re":lol: ) for the next couple years.

6 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Who confirmed this for you ?

Other than Petey and Hughes everyone can be had. Further there are some in the goaltending community who believe Demko will not physically be able to return to form after his injury from last year and if he still has solid value you make a deal.

Bo could sign or get dealt nobody really knows. Miller likely not being moved after the commitment the club made to him. Thing is for all these valuations on players and the cap soon to start climbing Miller's deal is not bad at all.

image.jpeg.7e8adead3378e8bd42921e1c3a3600c0.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Tanev was yes, but as he’s proving in Calgary he’s still injury prone. Goes down at the worst time.

We need someone close to Quinn’s age so they can develop chemistry together over the next 7 or 8 years.

Played 40 of 48 games this year. Took another point shot the other night. Not sure of status. Toccett spoke highly of players who drop infront of shots and then said he didn't want Hughes doing that. I guess Chris isn't elite enough. :)