The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

He's totally gonna get injured before we can trade him :blush:

Yup! Our Uber patient (aka indecisive) giant management group has to make up their minds and make a move while he’s still healthy and playing well. Last thing we need is a prolonged dry stretch, or worse yet an injury leading up to the trade deadline. 

If they’re going to do it, make like Nike and Just Do It!

3 hours ago, R3aL said:

Ya it’s tough.

Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st and trade Nils for a 1st 

more frustersting seeing how good Chytil has been, that Nils got a 1st Round pick in trade 

And then having:

Bo and Kuzmenko resigned with 2 extra first round picks in draft capital sounds great to me

but oh well

Chytil has 15 goals while Miller has 18 let alone the two 1sts. :picard:

we were so close……

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • There it is 1

3 hours ago, R3aL said:

Ya it’s tough.

Chytil, Lundkvist, 1st and trade Nils for a 1st 

more frustersting seeing how good Chytil has been, that Nils got a 1st Round pick in trade 

And then having:

Bo and Kuzmenko resigned with 2 extra first round picks in draft capital sounds great to me

but oh well

And the cap to get Marino for Rathbone +...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

After last season management made the reasonable decision to resign JT over Horvat. If we are being offered more for Horvat, they should follow through with that.
He has gotten PPGs and tip ins at a far higher rate than he ever has. Our PP is 0/10 under Tocchet, and deflections aren't exactly sustainable.
I don't think Horvat will perform as well under Tocchet as he did under Boudreau.
It's a difficult decision, but if we are being offered more for Horvat than Miller--and I think we are--trade him now.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Nave said:

After last season management made the reasonable decision to resign JT over Horvat. If we are being offered more for Horvat, they should follow through with that.
He has gotten PPGs and tip ins at a far higher rate than he ever has. Our PP is 0/10 under Tocchet, and deflections aren't exactly sustainable.
I don't think Horvat will perform as well under Tocchet as he did under Boudreau.
It's a difficult decision, but if we are being offered more for Horvat than Miller--and I think we are--trade him now.

The team could be creative and trade Miller if they wanted but they committed to him and at least he shows passion and has emotion. If Tocchet can tailor even some of that into more of a disciplined leader than great.

Horvat has continually been criticized for his level of physicality and push back. Rightly or wrongly but he has been leading this club for years and the team frankly is regressing while he individually is padding stats.

I would retain on Horvat if need be and maximize a return for after the allstar game. If a team bites earlier jump on it as there are players like Timo Meier out there that a contender could use at a lesser price.

Build around Petey and Hughes. I would not even hesitate to include one of those top tier goaltender prospects in a deal.

Demko I have a feeling is not going to get back to that level he has shown before injuries. There were people in the goaltending community whom also suggested last year's injury wont allow Demko to regain his old form physically. There were quotes on this but need to dig tor them.

• There it is 1

This is just one pathetic thread!

We need to send a clear and concise message to Rutherford and Allvin

We need to move Horvat for futures, and grade A prospects, as this core has done nothing, and I do not want someone else's retreads!

Horvat represents 8 million in Cap Space we do not have, and regardless if we have Horvat or not, we have to get rid of another contract to acquire a RHD

We have Miller's big raise and Pettersson's raise coming, that is totally ignoring Kuzmenko's new contract, if we choose to re-sign him, and the RHD's money, 

If we can even find one............

Look! I am not trying to be an A$$hole, I am just really good at it!  WE DO NOT NEED RETREADS! :sadno: Or wingers for that matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start a proper rebuild!

Edited by J.I.A.H.N

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

And the cap to get Marino for Rathbone +...

I have my doubts that the Chytil package was offered up but it would be a shame if the team did indeed turn that down. I think more so that was the deal the Canucks wanted but the Rangers would not go that far.

I think Rutherford and Allvin now have most of their coaching staff in place. I'd like to see how working with Tocchet they can evaluate and make changes. I like that Tocchet didn't give safe or cliche answers and said what many fans see and complain about. Disorganized, not understanding system and roles, playing soft and needing leadership.

We don't need a coach to pump the player's tires.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

This is just one pathetic thread!

We need to send a clear and concise message to Rutherford and Allvin

We need to move Horvat for futures, and grade A prospects, as this core has done nothing, and I do not want someone else's retreads!

Horvat represents 8 million in Cap Space we do not have, and regardless if we have Horvat or not, we have to get rid of another contract to acquire a RHD

We have Miller's big raise and Pettersson's raise coming, that is totally ignoring Kuzmenko's new contract, if we choose to re-sign him, and the RHD's money, 

If we can even find one............

Look! I am not trying to be an A$$hole, I am just really good at it!  WE DO NOT NEED RETREADS! :sadno: Or wingers for that matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Start a proper rebuild!

I think Tocchet will help management see where changes are needed.

As much as Horvat can go. I'd be interested to see if Garland gets more opportunity now. Hes a hard worker and can produce.

• Cheers 1

You know, I am ok with missing the Miller window, but to miss it twice in a row, and after having Tanev, Markstrom and Taffoli walk for nothing.............this is on Aqualini.........

If you are not the guy doing the dirty work Aqualini, you sure the hell are the guy that hired them!

This whole thing is a shambles.............the list is too big, and IMO, fans are going to start walking away from this team, due to mis-management. That is on you!

19 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

You know, I am ok with missing the Miller window, but to miss it twice in a row, and after having Tanev, Markstrom and Taffoli walk for nothing.............this is on Aqualini.........

If you are not the guy doing the dirty work Aqualini, you sure the hell are the guy that hired them!

This whole thing is a shambles.............the list is too big, and IMO, fans are going to start walking away from this team, due to mis-management. That is on you!

fans already walking away from the team. 

and yes, it's on Francesco. I'm not sure how his brothers can sit idly by, being okay with their near billion dollar franchise being run to the ground. They can't be okay with it, even if their brother is "running" it. 

31 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

After the Columbus game we have 9 days off. PLEASE tell me something is done before it ends. The longer this drags the higher the chances of bad things happening to our prize horse. Knock on wood. Giggity.

Bo to Columbus for Kent Johnson, who says no? 

33 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I have my doubts that the Chytil package was offered up but it would be a shame if the team did indeed turn that down. I think more so that was the deal the Canucks wanted but the Rangers would not go that far.

I think Rutherford and Allvin now have most of their coaching staff in place. I'd like to see how working with Tocchet they can evaluate and make changes. I like that Tocchet didn't give safe or cliche answers and said what many fans see and complain about. Disorganized, not understanding system and roles, playing soft and needing leadership.

We don't need a coach to pump the player's tires.

Curious to see what Tocchet and his coaching staff can bring. But he's also on a 2 year deal, so it's not like they signed him long term. I don't even think coaching is the issue. Is Tocchet really any better than Boudreau when it comes to systems play? I really honestly think it's the roster and the quality of players that we have. All that losing over the years hasn't produced good habits on the ice, either. I think it's understandable that management (current and previous) had always wanted to win, and "be competitive" because without that, players just fall into bad habits. Is that what happened with Bo? Höglander? Podkolzin? Dare we even say it, the elder statesman in Miller as well? 

I'm not convinced that Tocchet will correct JT's on ice, lazy defensive issues. The player has to want it as well, and if JT doesn't want to change, or just simply can't change, then we're stuck with a player that's poor defensively, but can cheat offensively and produce. What is that player worth? 8M? Who's going to take that off our hands in a couple of years when players naturally decline in their offensive production? I mean, if he's bad defensively now, before the age of 30, what's he going to be like when he hits 33, or 34? 

We didn't think OEL's quality would decline, but here he is, declining and quite rapidly. Could that be the same with JT, as soon as next season? 

Goodness. If management feels like they're stuck with the contracts that they've inherited, what will they feel when they can't even move the contracts that they've signed?