The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

9 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Lol major surgery...

I think they still believe they can dump the likes of Myers, OEL, Boeser, Pearson etc.

Maybe they‘vegot deals in place and buyouts as backup. Because if they don’t they’re not gonna be able to improve the team.

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I kind of hope Horvat declines.

This team needs a real shake up, not another tweak here and there. If they re-sign Bo, well then I expect the same old stale, struggling to make the playoffs team for the next decade. 

I’m thinking Bo’s young wife and two young kids (who were both born here) who are making their lives here, want Bo to sign with us too.  

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I think they still believe they can dump the likes of Myers, OEL, Boeser, Pearson etc.

Maybe they‘vegot deals in place and buyouts as backup. Because if they don’t they’re not gonna be able to improve the team.

I sure as hell hope not. In no world is liposuction major surgery. They have made zero hard decisions so far. Sign Boeser, Sign Miller, Sign Kuzmenko. Just low hanging fruit mistake after low hanging fruit mistake. I'm losing faith by the day.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

This team needs a real shake up, not another tweak here and there. If they re-sign Bo, well then I expect the same old stale, struggling to make the playoffs team for the next decade. 

I also think this could be posturing by management. 

They already know Bo will reject it and are just trying to make it look like they’re doing everything they can. Easier for fans to swallow trading the captain if they believe he’s chasing a payday.

Also calls the bluff of teams that think they can get him for cheap because we can’t re-sign him.

Could be a similar situation as with Miller. What could've been, the haul he could've gotten at last year's TDL or Draft.

Same thing with Horvat now, might imagine what VAN could've gotten for him. 

Now, they could be stuck with two veteran players, long term, who may have just had their career years. What happened to 26 years old and younger? 

21 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nah. Let's run this roster back again, but fire tocchet in February and replace him with Babcock. The chaos. The glorious chaos. Muhahahaha.

7 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

What does keeping Bo disprove of that? 

Agreed.

The plan would still be to overhaul half our D (at least), our entire bottom 6, and probably 1/3 of the top 6. Not to mention a new backup.

I would call that pretty major.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2

its all about scouting and development baby - who says no to Chytil, 2023 1st and Lundquist now or essentially Chytil + 2 firsts ( as stars paid a first for Nils)... and this just in Pit traded marino for smith and a pick Nils>Ty Smith... so if our management had brains that think outside the bun... Miller + 3rd for Chytil+Marino+1st...not me wait a youn2/3C and young RD isn't that what we are missing #assssssetmanagement

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

What does keeping Bo disprove of that? 

Unequivocally yes. How would resigning 50% of your top 6 forwards on a terrible team indicate major surgery? I'm shocked with how much of this fanbase would seemingly be fine to re-commit to this exact core. So many have just accepted mediocrity.

Edited by Shayster007

37 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Agreed.

The plan would still be to overhaul half our D (at least), our entire bottom 6, and probably 1/3 of the top 6. Not to mention a new backup.

I would call that pretty major.

Yeah, I mean I'm expecting Horvat gone at this point, but as hard as some on CDC have tried to convince themselves, he's not the "problem".

Replacing Boeser, Garland, our currently non existent 3C (hell basically an entire missing 3rd line), 1 or 2 4th liners, Schenn, Myers... Is pretty major changes ("surgery").

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

2 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

In other words, "We're trading Boeser instead."

Not surprised one bit.  Like I've been saying, it's just way too hard to replace what Bo brings.  Management sees us being competitive in 2 years which means Boeser and Myers are definitely not in the equation.  That's where the major changes will come.  Pearson will be gone as well, and possibly Garland. 

I predict retention on Boeser to acquire a  better return, and possibly Myers too.

• Cheers 1