The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Brad Marchand suspended 3 games

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Many times, there's a even a compilation video of it on YouTube. :lol:

Subban hit might have been the biggest, incredible body check as Marchand entered the zone at full speed. He whimpered to the bench while bent over.

I wonder if Subban unleashed a patented PK air biscuit on Shartstain at the same time he hit him with the check? :lol:

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That has more to do with the entirety of NHL officials being horrible at their jobs than they having a specific issue with the Canucks, at least in my humble opinion.

For sure. Just checking that I guessed right. Only caught bits and pieces of the first and second. Took my wife to the movies. Checked the score, saw Boston was on the PP and was like welp at least it was a close one. Sure enough My app said Boston scored 

Edited by Devron44
  • Vintage 2

Given how bad the reffing has gotten over the years, why do the Canucks still expect the league to keep them safe?

I get the idea of 'get them back on the power play' but our power play sucks; so there should be no thought of getting vengeance /retribution that way.

Like seriously, they slew foot O E L,  and a Canuck should have done Pasta some serious dirt on his next shift. Pasta misses 3 weeks with a broken finger and  the Bruins will rein in Marchand.

The suspension helps the Canucks in no way. He does a seriously dangerous play like that, gets no penalty, goes on to play the rest of the game and lights our team up, then gets suspended to miss non-Canuck games, and comes back in time to play us again. I hope someone tears him a new one.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Except knowing the league, the Canuck player who takes out Pasta will end up with a life-long ban for crimes against humanity (or similar), much like Rome did when he hit Horton.  Because Jeremy Jacobs.  :rolleyes:

I know, yet how else does this situation get fixed?

Doing the same thing, which is nothing, isn't working; so at this point anything is better than nothing. If trying something makes it worse, they can always go back to doing nothing, or maybe even try some other way.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 3