The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks for Kids Fund Receives $50,000 Gift from Elias Pettersson

Rate this topic

The Arrogant Worms

6 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

As someone who lost a 13 yr old nephew to cancer I appreciate any donations to Canucks children's charities.  it was many years ago but Ryan Walter reached out and brought joy to his life before he passed.

I can say enough good things about the Canuck organization when it comes to reaching out to kids and families dealing with heartbreaking circumstances.

I get it; just not sure how much of that money will go to actually helping ?  Anyways, good on EP !

Was going to post the link, but glad someone else beat me to it. 

Shows you that Elias' heart is a good place. I hope he gets back on track. This is his team. How he goes, the team goes. 

If this year has shown anything, it's shown that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

I saw the best/worst comment from this online

Is Pettersson still young enough to qualify?  Maybe the medical experts can find out what happened to his game because it's obvious he's either lazy or handicapped

It's awful but I still had a lol out of it

That being said, good guy EP!!!!!!

oof. Bad form Hip.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, tas said:

without wanting to be dismissive of the donation, because it's still a positive thing, assuming he donated $50k canadian, that's a little over half of what he's paid for a single game. 

By the time taxes are paid, its almost half that. Then there's escrow, insurance, agent fees and all that.

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it; just not sure how much of that money will go to actually helping ?  Anyways, good on EP !

Even the very WORST of charities are usually 50% admin/salaries, 50% to helping. And CFKF is considered to be a good one. So at least $30k, if that makes you feel any better..

19 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Even the very WORST of charities are usually 50% admin/salaries, 50% to helping. And CFKF is considered to be a good one. So at least $30k, if that makes you feel any better..

Not questioning this particular charity at all and there are other ways of helping - imo.  Not sure, what your point is: when you stated, if it [makes me feel better] - care to elaborate cause you seem to be insinuating something ?

Like I said and to clairfy, it is: a tax receipt, good PR and the recipient gets 60% (as you figured, but still a good chunk going somewhere else) - so better than nothing. 

Good for EP and his generosity cause 50K is still a good chunk of change.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 hour ago, CanucksForever2 said:

I can't believe some of the comments here and they make me sick. This is something good. It doesn't matter how much Petey earns, $50k is a lot of money that can help many children.

When was the last time anyone one of you donated?

Last week, instead of donating to a bar to watch a Canucks game, I stayed in and threw a 20 towards a small charity that was started by a friend of mine.  

She is a teacher and in her spare time she has started an after school boxing program for kids in Langley.  People have donated cases of Gatorades, boxing equipment, a local supplement store has given them tons of protein bars, so it's all coming together slowly.  

Anyways I donate once every leap year it seems, and waste 100 times that amount on stupid wasteful things. 

41 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Not questioning this particular charity at all and there are other ways of helping - imo.  Not sure, what your point is: when you stated, if it [makes me feel better] - care to elaborate cause you seem to be insinuating something ?

Like I said and to clairfy, it is: a tax receipt, good PR and the recipient gets 60% (as you figured, but still a good chunk going somewhere else) - so better than nothing. 

Good for EP and his generosity cause 50K is still a good chunk of change.  

You quite literally said: "not sure how much of that money will go to actually helping"

So I answered your question, and since it's likely quite a large chunk of the $50k, said that I hope it makes you feel better (since your comments in this thread are suggesting you worry not very much of it is going to help people).

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I saw the best/worst comment from this online

Is Pettersson still young enough to qualify?  Maybe the medical experts can find out what happened to his game because it's obvious he's either lazy or handicapped

It's awful but I still had a lol out of it

That being said, good guy EP!!!!!!

I'm thinking he's injured......or perhaps hoping he is with the thought that it will improve.  Tough to think he's lazy after the short career we've seen so far.

• Cheers 1