The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

well, it will be interesting to see what BB can do. This isnt a team with a lot of good skaters. Travis seemed to run some very conservative systems that pretty much required icing the best athletes in order to win. Perhaps BB can loosen the reigns and give the players more passing options/creativity. we will see

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Ah yeah toxic. Were you around him personally?  Or are you just listening to the smear job done by the toronto media because he hurt little mitchies feelings? I think it's weird how people dont think for themselves anymore in this world.  They just see someone say something and they run with it.

Mike Babcock was the cream of the crop, regarded as the best coach in the world by everyone for what, 10+ years?

It doesnt matter, I'll get behind Boudreau I think the guys a beauty and I think he will be great for the group.  I would have preferred Babs but it doesnt matter, the only thing that matters is the Green era is over.

Which era was more painful, Green or Desjardins?

No actually I go off of personal connections I have from my on ice experience and off ice friends and family. One of my coaches in Jr. was an NHL combine scout and knew Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment. Believe me I don’t like Mitch Marner. But I’m talking about how Johan Franzen came out and spoke of the exact details of the years of prejudice focused and personal focused verbal and mental abuse he suffered from Babcock. Part of which was the reason for Franzen suffering severe anxiety and depression for many years. 
Babcock won one cup in 2007-08 with a roster that would have won even if frickin Steve Busciemi was behind the bench. Think again on your do people think for themselves comment and stop being so arrogant. Babcock is an abusive, over the top, past his prime tool.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, ZH96 said:

Maybe those experiences and time away as an analyst for multiple years have made him a better coach. Wait and see.

I listened to him a lot on Siruis NHL Network. He was great and I always looked forward to hearing him. I'm betting the players are excited, and will want to play for him. 

• Like 1