The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am talking leadership though, not skill or who was the better player.

Guys followed Linden through the wall and knew he would be the first one through. Never got that vibe off the Sedins tbh. 

I agree with that, but the letter doesn’t mean everything. If you have other guys on your team (Sedins had Kesler, Burrows and Bieksa to name a few) then your team should be fine. Leadership doesn’t come down to 3 guys wearing a letter, it’s a leadership group of guys in the room that bring that out 

4 minutes ago, Marv-the-wet-bandit said:

I agree with that, but the letter doesn’t mean everything. If you have other guys on your team (Sedins had Kesler, Burrows and Bieksa to name a few) then your team should be fine. Leadership doesn’t come down to 3 guys wearing a letter, it’s a leadership group of guys in the room that bring that out 

True. But the guys with the letter are the ones who have the responsibility to lead especially by example.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

True. But the guys with the letter are the ones who have the responsibility to lead especially by example.

Yes but leading can be done in many ways by many different people. There’s the Yzermans, Messiers and Linden approach (varying degrees but similar in approach) and there’s also the Lisdstrom, Sakic and Hank approach. Leading by example is still leading whether you’re in guys faces on the bench or not

5 hours ago, mll said:

Played 77 of 90 possible games for Boudreau - from the time he was traded to Minnesota and Boudreau was dismissed.    Pateryn was injured for a stretch and his main competition for that 6th spot was Nick Seeler.  

don't tell Heffy. 

6 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I agree, it's been obvious we need a solid bottom pairing lefty since the OJ trade.  An Aaron Rome type would be perfect.

Totally agree.

I believe a lot people didn't appreciate what Aaron brought to our team.

6 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Actually, I'm not.  And this is something in the past decade or two but I remember when we lost in '94 and we had a celebration at BC Place.  People celebrated the team and there were moments during that event that I actually forgot that we lost!   It was so awesome.

The city is changing and it's $$ and entitlement...people who demand that money buy them success and when that falls short, they get up in arms about it.  

I liked our old work hard/lunchbox days when we appreciated the game itself and didn't always moan and complain.  It gets so tiring.  (As she moans and complains about the moaners...ok, over it now, gonna practice what I preach).

It's not just Vancouver but a whole generation in the west that have grown up feeling self entitled.

They also lack resilience.

When things go pear shaped they spit the dummy.