The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Return of Edler and the Kings Vs Boudreau lead Canucks, Dec 6th 7pm pst

Rate this topic

86Viking

13 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

75% of the last 20 cup winners has 1 or more top 5 picks on the team and legit elite players.

But does that prove much? If we say players have 10 year NHL careers that should mean there are about 50 top five picks around at any time divided by 30-31 teams. Once you take into account the perenial bottom feeders 75% sounds about right.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

But does that prove much? If we say players have 10 year NHL careers that should mean there are about 50 top five picks around at any time divided by 30-31 teams. Once you take into account the perenial bottom feeders 75% sounds about right.

Good point. But not all top 5 picks are elite. And this team has 0 elite players. 

• RoughGame 2

10 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think Horvat gets how gravity works, or the weight of the situation, and how now.. the pressure is clearly on the players, and him as a leader…

This is Bo’s quote from today : “ "I think our team needed a spark ... but at the same time, we have to go out there and prove it now."

A spark?!? lol 

Just wait until Boudreau starts throwing those F bombs after the first intermission tonight.  The players will then realize how easy they had it before.  They may regret getting their previous coach fired...

• Like 3

Looking forward to Edler's return. There should be a standing ovation.

Gosh, still can't believe we let him walk without a proper plan to replace him. 

At least, should have offered a decent contract to him, if the rumored 900k @1year offer is true... that's enough reason to dislike JB.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t think Horvat gets how gravity works, or the weight of the situation, and how now.. the pressure is clearly on the players, and him as a leader…

This is Bo’s quote from today : “ "I think our team needed a spark ... but at the same time, we have to go out there and prove it now."

A spark?!? lol 

Haha. "A spark"...if they don't give their all, they will find themselves with a blow torch flaming their butts.  Boudreau will  not tolerate a lack of effort or  players not buying-in. 

Edited by DIBdaQUIB
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Just wait until Boudreau starts throwing those F bombs after the first intermission tonight.  The players will then realize how easy they had it before.  They may regret getting their previous coach fired...

This is a Coach Miller will embrace,.  Horvat won’t be able to take the heat.

13 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Good point. But not all top 5 picks are elite. And this team has 0 elite players. 

Aye true. Just for reference (and assuming my math is right) I think there's a 15.5% chance of missing out on a top 5 pick every year for a 10 year period. So if everything was purely random you'd expect 84.5% of cup winners to have a top 5 pick. Obviously the draft is supposed to reward weaker teams and I'm making a lot of assumptions.

Calculate Figure It Out GIF

On the face of it it's hard to argue that having higher draft picks won't result in a better team, deliberately sucking to get them just doesn't seem right and we'll never win the lottery anyway.

Edited by Biff Tannen