The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Boston Bruins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 08, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Quinn Hughes on wanting to kill penalties: For Bruce to put me on the PK, it means a lot. I’m trying to round out my game, and I’m tired of hearing that I’m just an offensive defenseman.

Boudreau on Hughes: "He's so quick and has a good stick. His size hasn't affected him. He told me last year he was -24, this year he's +4 and is really proud of that. That's why he wanted to start penalty killing and we told him he's going to be killing penalties now."

Interesting. 

Edited by #Canucks
  • Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

And it's due to a lack of confidence.  Bruce went over to him after the shootout and tried to calm him down.  Crapping on Petey online won't help.

Again, you do you.  
It’s not my job to sugar coat criticisms of 7+mill$ players.  
And I’m sure Petey has more important things to worry about than my opinion, and if he doesn’t…… he should shoot more.  Then I’ll leave him alone.  

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Time to see what Boudreau can do with a bonafide elite NHL goalie. Demmer is on the cusp of being a truly elite goalie. If he finishes this season the way he started. He'll be elite in my books, hell the homer in me wants to call him elite now. Boudreau hasn't really had a goalie like that. Holtbeast didn't break into the NHL until after Boudreau left. Gibson didn't break out in Anaheim until Boudreau left and Minnie been looking for a truly great goalie for a while.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, Sean83 said:

ON THE SPORTSNET POST-GAME DURING SPORTSNET CENTRAL, THE SPORTSNET ANALYST SAID IN THE PANEL'S POST-GAME DISCUSSION THAT IF THE CANUCKS KEEP PLAYING LIKE THIS, WE WILL PROBABLY SQUEAK INTO THE PLAYOFFS.  DIRECT QUOTE!! ANALYSTS LIKE HIM AND DAVID AMBER BELIEVE IN OUR PLAYOFF CHANCES.  SO, SHOULD WE ALL.  YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, BABY!  GCG!  ALSO, MILLER IS THE HEART AND HORVAT IS THE SOUL OF THIS TEAM!

jim-mora-mora.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sean83 said:

ON THE SPORTSNET POST-GAME DURING SPORTSNET CENTRAL, THE SPORTSNET ANALYST SAID IN THE PANEL'S POST-GAME DISCUSSION THAT IF THE CANUCKS KEEP PLAYING LIKE THIS, WE WILL PROBABLY SQUEAK INTO THE PLAYOFFS.  ANALYSTS LIKE HIM AND DAVID AMBER BELIEVE IN OUR PLAYOFF CHANCES.  SO, SHOULD WE ALL.  YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, BABY!  GCG!  ALSO, MILLER IS THE HEART AND HORVAT IS THE SOUL OF THIS TEAM!

Well........

image.png.27eebe6e14a661bd1cdeec13ee21935b.png

On the bright side, if they do pull it off, it will be quite an accomplishment!

GCG!!!

• Cheers 1