The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd be surprised, Kings don't seem eager to mortgage their future and like you've said they're going to need players with Byfield's pedigree around to try and eventually fill the Kopitar gap. 

If anything Turcotte is the expendable center with Vilardi having stepped in and had success in the bigs. I have a hard time seeing a team move out a 20 year old 2OA when their franchise center is likely in his twilight years. 

I don't see it either.  I think some are misreading the Fiala trade as a sign they are all in when Blake called it an opportunity - not every day a 25 year old play driver becomes available + it's not like it hurt their depth to trade for him.  Moving Byfield or Clarke would create massive holes because of their upside vs other players and the role they have ear-marked them to fill.  

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That would have to be a deal with 50% retention on Karlsson.  Barrie probably has to go the other way.  Multiple 1st round picks to San Jose IMO for all that retention...

Would be something like puljujarvi yamamoto Bouchard bourgault and a first 

for EK 3 million retained only way I see it working and remember puljujarvi is negative value and ek being retained is worth a large amount alone 

12 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Would be something like puljujarvi yamamoto Bouchard bourgault and a first 

for EK 3 million retained only way I see it working and remember puljujarvi is negative value and ek being retained is worth a large amount alone 

Those numbers don't work cap wise for Edmonton next year.  San Jose needs to retain a minimum of 50%.  Even then it may not work.  

Something to think about.

Minimum cap limit is $61 million.

Right now as per Cap Friendly (And I could be wrong) Arizona has $64.5 million in salary.

They lose JC, that's $4.6 in salary they are losing.

So they need to make sure they are taking back at least $2 million in salary to stay above the minimum.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Something to think about.

Minimum cap limit is $61 million.

Right now as per Cap Friendly (And I could be wrong) Arizona has $64.5 million in salary.

They lose JC, that's $4.6 in salary they are losing.

So they need to make sure they are taking back at least $2 million in salary to stay above the minimum.

If it was OTT involved and price to pay is steep, I imagine them trying to ditch Zaitsev in the deal as part.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/senators

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 12:12 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

For the right price I'd love to see Dahlin here. But Buffalo let Eichel go at a bargin basement price. They would ask the moon for Dahlin. 

Eichel 40gp 36 points 

for 

Tuch 50gp 55 points

P.Krebs

2022, 1st(Noah Ostlund)

2023 2nd

Who won that trade?

back on topic

Chychrun would be a fantastic add to the D core though I don't feel we have the pieces Arizona covets.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, mll said:

I don't see it either.  I think some are misreading the Fiala trade as a sign they are all in when Blake called it an opportunity - not every day a 25 year old play driver becomes available + it's not like it hurt their depth to trade for him.  Moving Byfield or Clarke would create massive holes because of their upside vs other players and the role they have ear-marked them to fill.  

Pretty much. Sure, they could use a Chychrun but most teams could use a Chycherun, I don't see them willing to give up a huge haul for him at this point. Fiala was an opportunistic move as you said, and it's aged pretty well so far. Pick wound up being 19OA which resulted in Liam Ohgren, Brock Faber is still playing university hockey. Good prospects, sure, but Fiala is 26 year-old Fiala. 

I've said it before, they could use a Demko kind of piece but we likely aren't getting a Clarke or Byfield level piece for him. 

But we'll see, maybe I'll end up eating my words. 

16 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Pretty much. Sure, they could use a Chychrun but most teams could use a Chycherun, I don't see them willing to give up a huge haul for him at this point. Fiala was an opportunistic move as you said, and it's aged pretty well so far. Pick wound up being 19OA which resulted in Liam Ohgren, Brock Faber is still playing university hockey. Good prospects, sure, but Fiala is 26 year-old Fiala. 

I've said it before, they could use a Demko kind of piece but we likely aren't getting a Clarke or Byfield level piece for him. 

But we'll see, maybe I'll end up eating my words. 

They've been in on Chychrun for quite some time but can't see them trading Byfield or Clarke.  They have quite a few other prospects they could move though.  

The Fiala trade was also because they didn't have a player with his profile in their system.  When talking about that trade Blake listed age fit as an essential requirement.  Chychrun is also an age fit and he also fills an organisational need where they are light on LD vs RDs.  So them trading for him wouldn't be all that surprising.  He has term left and can also be part of their long term window.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

They've been in on Chychrun for quite some time but can't see them trading Byfield or Clarke.  They have quite a few other prospects they could move though.  

The Fiala trade was also because they didn't have a player with his profile in their system.  When talking about that trade Blake listed age fit as an essential requirement.  Chychrun is also an age fit and he also fills an organisational need where they are light on LD vs RDs.  So them trading for him wouldn't be all that surprising.  He has term left and can also be part of their long term window.

Aye, those are the pieces that'd make it a big haul for me. They do have other pieces though, absolutely. 

Could see them being willing to part with some combination made up of a 1st, 2nd, Turcotte, Grans, that sort of thing. Maybe young players currently in the NHL like Kaliyev or Kupari. Maybe a prospect like Pinelli. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Chychrun end up in Ottawa though, they've expressed interest in the past and he'd fit their age group well too. Chabot could certainly use the help. 

If I had to bet on the team adding Chychrun I would go with either the L.A Kings or the Boston Bruins. Lot's of signs pointing to the Kings because of their excellent prospect pool. It was rumored that Tobias Björnfot could be part of the package being sent to the Coyotes. Björnfot was a first rounder, selected 22th overall who plays the left side. Let's add two other Grade B prospects and draft picks and you will get Chychrun. As some of you have already mentioned Alex Turcotte could be expendable and then add another center like Franceso Pinelli, a 2nd rounder shreeding the OHL with the Kitcheners or swedish forward prospect Samuel Fagemo (27 goals in the AHL). I can defnitely see the Kings leading the race in pursuing Chychrun. In contrast to the L.A. Kings Bruins don't have the quantity of Grade A/ Grade B prospects to get Chychrun. Bruins have been poking around Chychrun for more than 1 and a half year and haven't given up on Chychrun.

I wish all of you guys a nice weekend.::D

Edited by Wolfgang Durst