The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Fake news

This a nobody and only has 67 followers. Also hasn’t been corroborated by any legit sporting news outlet.

:rolleyes: The Laffers probably planted that fake trade. Of course they're trying to lower the price on Meyers. :ph34r: We'll take their '24 1st rdr. Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

I had never once considered Chychrun a viable target for us, but the more I think about it... I feel we may actually be in on this.

He's a 24-year old mobile Dman with size and some snarl. Obviously it doesn't make sense with our current roster construction, but if there is any hope of offloading Myers and/or a potential OEL buyout... that's a pretty solid young player to add to our core. Even if we are "rebuilding", this a player worth paying.

NYI 1st 

Boeser

Rathbone

One of Hoglander, Lekkerimaki, Klimovich, Silovs

I would personally be just fine with making that move to bring in a Dman of Chychrun's calibre. 

Anything more than that, we'll pass.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nergish said:

I had never once considered Chychrun a viable target for us, but the more I think about it... I feel we may actually be in on this.

He's a 24-year old mobile Dman with size and some snarl. Obviously it doesn't make sense with our current roster construction, but if there is any hope of offloading Myers and/or a potential OEL buyout... that's a pretty solid young player to add to our core. Even if we are "rebuilding", this a player worth paying.

NYI 1st 

Boeser

Rathbone

One of Hoglander, Lekkerimaki, Klimovich, Silovs

I would personally be just fine with making that move to bring in a Dman of Chychrun's calibre. 

Anything more than that, we'll pass.

Not sure an OEL move/buyout makes sense but certainly a Myers move does.  There was early talk in the year of OEL or Hughes moving to the right side.  Maybe we move Myers, acquire Chychrun and sign Tryamkin:

Chychrun Hughes 

Ekman-Larsson Tryamkin

Dermott Schenn

Couple guys on their offsides but it’s probably fine

Sounds like BOS and LA are the front-runners for Chychrun. Damn, either team is going to be very tough to beat with him. Good thing Canucks aren't contenders right now and don't have to worry about that. TOR and EDM, on the other hand, do.

I can't see the Canucks being in on this, as they don't really have the assets/picks.  I imagine BOS would give them Lysell, but they don't have a lot else.  LA is loaded with good prospects.  There's his next team IMO.

to ARI - (C) Quinton Byfield, (LD) Michael Anderson, 1st (2023) and 1st (2024)

My guess

Edited by NUCKER67

Arizona doesn't want to take anything much in salary back in trades, they want to stay at the cap floor. So...

To Vancouver 

Chychrun

To Arizona 

Myers (We pre pay the 5 million signing bonus)

1st 2023 from NYI

Rathbone

2023 4th from NYR

2025 2nd or Raty, their choice.

No, I don't believe that this would happen...

Edited by VegasCanuck

32 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Arizona doesn't want to take anything much in salary back in trades, they want to stay at the cap floor. So...

To Vancouver 

Chychrun

To Arizona 

Myers (We pre pay the 5 million signing bonus)

1st 2023 from NYI

Rathbone

2023 4th from NYR

2025 2nd or Raty, their choice.

No, I don't believe that this would happen...

To Vancouver: Chychrun

To Arizona: Boeser, Rathbone, Lekkerimaki, Höglander, Islanders 1st

That’s probably closer to what it would take imho. 

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

They wouldn't want Boeser, they don't want hard salary. In this context and situation, Myers is probably worth more to them than Boeser. If Canucks could prepay Myers 5 million signing bonus, the idea of having someone take up 6 million in cap space for only 1 million spend next season, would be really attractive to a team playing in a 5000 seat arena.

Rathbone, Lekkerimaki, Myers and the Islanders 1st and other picks. Arizona wants picks over anything else right now. 

The Cap Floor is 61 million right now. If they can get there while only spending 52...ish million in actual dollars, don't underestimate how much value that carries for them.

Arizona is not a team that wants to compete next season, in 2025, they are going to be a scary team to play against with all the picks they are piling up and high end talent.

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

They wouldn't want Boeser, they don't want hard salary. In this context and situation, Myers is probably worth more to them than Boeser. If Canucks could prepay Myers 5 million signing bonus, the idea of having someone take up 6 million in cap space for only 1 million spend next season, would be really attractive to a team playing in a 5000 seat arena.

Rathbone, Lekkerimaki, Myers and the Islanders 1st and other picks. Arizona wants picks over anything else right now. 

The Cap Floor is 61 million right now. If they can get there while only spending 52...ish million in actual dollars, don't underestimate how much value that carries for them.

Arizona is not a team that wants to compete next season, in 2025, they are going to be a scary team to play against with all the picks they are piling up and high end talent.

I thought about Myers too, and that would be more ideal for us. 

6 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Hahahaa that’s absolutely ridiculous, not a chance he returns something like that

Chychrun’s one of the top young defensemen in the NHL. Put yourself in Arizona’s shoes, would you really want a whole lot of nothing for him?

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

I thought about Myers too, and that would be more ideal for us. 

Chychrun’s one of the top young defensemen in the NHL. Put yourself in Arizona’s shoes, would you really want a whole lot of nothing for him?

If we are able to early pay his signing bonus (not sure if this is allowed, but I can't think of why it wouldn't be), I believe he would be extremely attractive to Arizona. Not just because of actual dollars spent, but because he would be a good trade chip for next deadline. 

It's all about kicking the can further down the road. That's the only reason why you trade a 24 year old defenseman like Chychrun on a really cheap cap hit.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Pears said:

Arizona is still laughing at what Benning gave up in the OEL trade.

Your proposal is worse than what Benning gave up that got his regime fired.

19 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Arizona is still laughing at what Benning gave up in the OEL trade.

Your proposal is worse than what Benning gave up that got his regime fired.

Alright so if you’re Arizona what are you wanting for Chychrun?