The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to be limited to 50% capacity at Rogers Arena until end of January

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

So this variant is weaker yet we have these measures coming down? Come on. It’s time we move on with life. This is NOT going away! Get your shots, mask up where needed and just live with it. Enough is enough

Not surprising.

Time to sell the boosters ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

BC govt is still trying to keep Covid #s steady, but it’s a losing battle when the new variant is catchier than a cold, and about as harmful as one. Half the population may need to quarantine by late January if they keep the same policies in place. Time for government to realize that if someone is fully vaxxed, we need to just live with this thing. My two cents, anyway.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Knee jerk reactions… left need to grab whatever control they can before its too late. 

the physicians and scientists on the "left" are the ones who will save your ass. Might want to remember that. 

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

the physicians and scientists on the "left" are the ones who will save your ass. Might want to remember that. 

And the ones on the right will too… Remember I live in Alberta.  

I have also vaccinated and have followed measures. But I also realize when its time to stop making drastic measures to curb something that isn’t as deadly as it used to be. Follow the facts not the knee jerk reactions 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

33 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

And the ones on the right will too… Remember I live in Alberta.  

I have also vaccinated and have followed measures. But I also realize when its time to stop making drastic measures to curb something that isn’t as deadly as it used to be. Follow the facts not the knee jerk reactions 

I'm happy you're not in charge 

• RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Also meanwhile, I heard from last night's broadcast that they were practicing at UBC because of the cancelled Calgary game.  

I wonder if the PHO has the courage to label UBC the site of an outbreak situation, considering she has an appointment there as a Professor with the School of Population and Public Health?

I don't think the lady lacks courage at all:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/world/canada/bonnie-henry-british-columbia-coronavirus.html

"

One day at her job at a clinic in San Diego, a man burst in with a gun, demanding to talk to someone. Dr. Henry stepped forward. “I said, ‘I’m somebody. Let’s talk,’” she recalled. “He burst into tears. He was in pain and distraught.”

It turned out he was recovering from open-heart surgery and was unsure how he would pay the medical bills.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Been going to games and the people allowed in, are just the vaccinated, so why the extreme measures ?  

It’s sad how bad this entitled generation has become. These are far from extreme measures.

We should have mandatory conscription and have every citizen serve at least once in a war torn country to see what real extreme measures are , what real discrimination and restrictions of freedoms look like

the amount of people getting.bent out of shape for minor restrictions to get ahead of this is disheartening to say the least 

We waited too long to bring some controls back in on the last 2 waves and had to bring in more strict measures because of going lite so as to not offend the very small but extremely loud minority that is crying bout this 

I don’t want to see business having to close again because we were afraid to be pro active on this

if we get through the next 6 weeks and hospitalizations and deaths remain low and dropping then they can safely unpack restrictions 

if they do nothing and it goes south people will scream for their heads for doing nothing 

dining out and watching a game on tv vs in person are inconveniences …. Not charter rights ffs

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

10 minutes ago, iwtl said:

It’s sad how bad this entitled generation has become. These are far from extreme measures.

We should have mandatory conscription and have every citizen serve at least once in a war torn country to see what real extreme measures are , what real discrimination and restrictions of freedoms look like

the amount of people getting.bent out of shape for minor restrictions to get ahead of this is disheartening to say the least 

We waited too long to bring some controls back in on the last 2 waves and had to bring in more strict measures because of going lite so as to not offend the very small but extremely loud minority that is crying bout this 

I don’t want to see business having to close again because we were afraid to be pro active on this

if we get through the next 6 weeks and hospitalizations and deaths remain low and dropping then they can safely unpack restrictions 

if they do nothing and it goes south people will scream for their heads for doing nothing 

dining out and watching a game on tv vs in person are inconveniences …. Not charter rights ffs

Thanks for the lecture, try reading history - boiling frog

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Knee jerk reactions… left need to grab whatever control they can before its too late. 

What a stupid comment. Apparently the left is to blame for not wanting to stress a hospital system that's already been tipping near critical capacity for well over a year and a half? If that's what the left is standing for against the right, then I'm growing increasingly happy about my decision to switch teams. If you represent the right, the the right is a bunch of selfish whiners. Luckily, I born and raised in a right wing logging family. With most of my friends and family being right wing, I'm happy that it's your personal selfish view, not the right wing in general.

You keep saying critical cases, ICUs, and the hospitals are ok. Where are you getting this information from? Because I feel very confident in my ability to say that in many hospitals in BC, you are misinformed. It's better then it has been, but it's increasing and we are entering the time the hospitals fill up on a good year.

• Wat 3
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, ABNucksfan said:

Well i stand corrected. AB not as good as BC. But having said that. Icus and hospitalizations are down in both provinces and I think this is knee jerk reactions. 

People have short memories. Coming out of the third wave.those numbers were also.down .... by alot

Then shortly after the 4th wave those numbers soared. Hospitalization and mortality rates lag behind Increased case numbers 

A few minor restrictions to prepare as we.start wave 5 is reasonable and responsible

I hope and pray that the hospitalization and death rates continue to drop and at rhe end of the 6 weeks they are able to safely lift restrictions.