The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to be limited to 50% capacity at Rogers Arena until end of January

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm pretty sure I have the new variant. Sore throat, runny nose, headache, fever that lasted half a day.

It's hard to take anyone seriously about the new variant with all the conflicting messages and different places taking completely different stances on it. NFL wants to let COVID positive players play, we're cutting our arena capacity in half.

• Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, iwtl said:

I've lived.history and served in a worn torn country. I recognize that fails in comparison to Facebook trained experts though 

I was born, in those country; and if this, is your take on history - it seems to be very very recent history.

Predictable, next is the conspiracy card.  Anyways, this is a hockey forum and all the best to you.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

If you truly cared about others you would get vaccinated, wear a mask (at appropriate times) and follow prescribed local health authority guidelines. 

I promised myself from the outset if within 4-6 months data proved that the vaccines were effective and without side effects that I would gladly sign up. My intuition has proven correct as now we are being told a third booster will be required to be considered fully vaccinated. Early information suggests that this vaccine doesn’t put up a very good fight against Omicron And although fatalities and ICUs have levelled off significantly we are still being mandated to capacity limits and other restrictions etc. based on positive testing results which combined with the whole asymptomatic thing to me seems to be a questionable metric in this instance.

i’ve said all along that this issue has gone from being and example of social division based on information/science/opinion to one of personal philosophical ideology. It has become fully political. A certain group of people will be set in their ways on certain topics and will not be able to have these feelings changed by others especially in a coercive  and confrontational manner. It’s like having a gun debate with a person who is pro gun.  You will never change their opinion on that no matter what you say or do. Just an example but I think you get my drift.

It really saddens me actually. 
Having become a society that has turned on each other. 

Edited by bad alice french
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bad alice french said:

I promised myself from the outset if within 4-6 months data proved that the vaccines were effective and without side effects that I would gladly sign up. My intuition has proven correct as now we are being told a third booster will be required to be considered fully vaccinated. Early information suggests that this vaccine doesn’t put up a very good fight against Omicron And although fatalities and ICUs have levelled off significantly we are still being mandated to capacity limits and other restrictions etc. based on positive testing results which combined with the whole asymptomatic thing to me seems to be a questionable metric in this instance.

i’ve said all along that this issue has gone from being and example of social division based on information/science/opinion to one of personal philosophical ideology. It has become fully political. A certain group of people will be set in their ways on certain topics and will not be able to have these feelings changed by others especially in a coercive  and confrontational manner. It’s like having a gun debate with a person who is pro gun.  You will never change their opinion on that no matter what you say or do. Just an example but I think you get my drift.

Had someone told me two years ago that I’d be on the CDC forum reading these hostile attacks on one another I would never have believed it possible. It’s really truly disappointing.

Do you use Advil or Tylenol?  Those have 1000’s of related deaths every year here in Canada.  These Covid vaccines are incredibly safe and super effective.  There’s a lot of craperolla information on the Internet.  Idiots like Seth Rogan (and his stupid followers) and Fox News (now there’s a classic example of an oxymoron) are not places to get information.  Talk to your doctor.  And get vaccinated!  This new variant- Omicron- is super infectious, and if you’re not vaccinated you’re friggin’’ asking for it.  Even though you’re a Hab’s fan, I don’t want you to get this virus while not being protected from the vaccine.  Really, you need to protect yourself.  Get vaccinated, and now!  Omicron is going to definitely get you.  

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you use Advil or Tylenol?  Those have 1000’s of related deaths every year here in Canada.  These Covid vaccines are incredibly safe and super effective.  There’s a lot of craperolla information on the Internet.  Idiots like Seth Rogan (and his stupid followers) and Fox News (now there’s a classic example of an oxymoron) are not places to get information.  Talk to your doctor.  And get vaccinated!  This new variant- Omicron- is super infectious, and if you’re not vaccinated you’re friggin’’ asking for it.  Even though you’re a Hab’s fan, I don’t want you to get this virus while not being protected from the vaccine.  Really, you need to protect yourself.  Get vaccinated, and now!  Omicron is going to definitely get you.  

Sorry bud. 
scattered 

irrelevant 

Contradictive

And I’m not a habs fan. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

So this variant is weaker yet we have these measures coming down? Come on. It’s time we move on with life. This is NOT going away! Get your shots, mask up where needed and just live with it. Enough is enough

We don't know that yet.  It looks like it  is weaker because the infected people in Africa showed fewer symptoms.  Africa and many other nations have a much younger population than North America and Western Euro countries (due to poor healthcare systems, economy, droughts, and so on). Obviously a younger nation is going to have far fewer significant symptoms.

1 hour ago, ABNucksfan said:

And the ones on the right will too… Remember I live in Alberta.  

I have also vaccinated and have followed measures. But I also realize when its time to stop making drastic measures to curb something that isn’t as deadly as it used to be. Follow the facts not the knee jerk reactions 

Again, it's too soon to verify if the virility of this mutation.  The so-called drastic measures are an effort to slow the infection rate until they can be sure that the new virus has less potential in making people ill.  If they are sure that it is less threatening, the restriction can be eased off.  Hopefully that is what will happen.  It might even be the slow death of Covid as a virus that sends people to the ICU or funeral home.

1 hour ago, ABNucksfan said:

Alberta 7 day average 333 covid cases. 

BC 489. So Alberta doing better currently… 

Really doesn't matter what is happening here in the west; we will follow the rest of Canada, which is currently increasing infection right 2000 per day.  It will continue to multiply at a quicker pace.  We just need to look at Europe right now.  In Britain, they are anticipating 200,000 a day in the near future.  But as we all know, the most important information is whether this virus will have stronger symptoms.

In the meantime, be safe; everyone should pay attention to the protocol by making sure they have quality masks and try to maintain distance from others. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

the only one being divisive is people who make long political statements like this. Just take the shot and drop all this horse crap, no one is being political on the vaccine side, its about saving people. Thats where your focus should be, not on some political argument.

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

34 minutes ago, Kurgom said:

I'm pretty sure I have the new variant. Sore throat, runny nose, headache, fever that lasted half a day.

It's hard to take anyone seriously about the new variant with all the conflicting messages and different places taking completely different stances on it. NFL wants to let COVID positive players play, we're cutting our arena capacity in half.

Not true

The NFL is exploring letting asymptotic players who test positive return after one negative test vs the current 2 www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-reexamining-covid-19-protocols-after-sudden-wave-of-positive-cases-late-in-2

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

the only one being divisive is people who make long political statements like this. Just take the shot and drop all this horse crap, no one is being political on the vaccine side, its about saving people. Thats where your focus should be, not on some political argument.

That’s a nice simple way to look at this. Keep at it buddy

• Vintage 1

Just now, JM_ said:

take the shot

I’ve given u on the antivaxxers long ago.  They are a selfish group.  These aren’t good people.  If they were, they’d get vaccinated.  I know they are the same ones who refuse to wear their masks properly too..  These are the Maskchnians.  

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

16 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

Sorry bud. 
scattered 

irrelevant 

Contradictive

And I’m not a habs fan. 

If you’re not a Hab’s fan why the Hab’s player in your picture thing?  Plus, GET VACCINATED!  You’re really risking your health.  

• RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If you’re not a Hab’s fan why the Hab’s player in your picture thing?  Plus, GET VACCINATED!  You’re really risking your health.  

Huge Shayne Corson fan from back in the day.
Also, 27 is my favourite number. 

Simple things. 

I bleed Canucks Blue as much as anyone else on this board.

Edited by bad alice french