The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to be limited to 50% capacity at Rogers Arena until end of January

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, King Heffy said:

Blackouts, rationing and conscription. I wish my grandparents were still alive to tell these idiots that they're 10 ply.

The comparable would have been "shine the lights" marches in London..... cause keeping the lights off was such tyranny 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Blackouts, rationing and conscription. I wish my grandparents were still alive to tell these idiots that they're 10 ply.

the victim card being played is disgraceful. The time for conversation is long over, and its just a delay tactic anyway. If you don't have your shot, tough $&!# you should not be allowed in public places.

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

17 minutes ago, bad alice french said:

I am not vaccinated and I definitely care about you and all my other fellow humans. Please stop these generalizations. We all have to start trying harder to not point fingers and blame one another. We are all innocent. No one on this planet would’ve ever wished this virus on anyone. These conversations were nonexistent before the vaccines went from being an optimistic glance at the future to a mandated and divisive entity that has had such negative impacts on us all. 
if you in anyway care about trying to change peoples minds like myself that are painfully on the fence about this then you need to stop having these conversations be so confrontational. I don’t mean you particularly of course but people in general who share your views. We can all talk about this without it being hostile. 

If you truly cared about others you would get vaccinated, wear a mask (at appropriate times) and follow prescribed local health authority guidelines. 

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 2

12 minutes ago, JM_ said:

the victim card being played is disgraceful. The time for conversation is long over, and its just a delay tactic anyway. If you don't have your shot, tough $&!# you should not be allowed in public places.

And no medical care for Covid related issues.  These people are why we are still in a pandemic.  

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And no medical care for Covid related issues.  These people are why we are still in a pandemic.  

my wife has a friend who has cancer treatment delayed due to covid strain on the system. And people want to whine about their 'freedom'.. to what, go to Tim's?

Can you imagine the nightmare of having your wife not getting cancer treatment due to these people? what pigs.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I can draw a line for you. People who choose not to be vaccinated for non-health reasons don't get to go to the hospital. That puts our health system back to normal and we can stop with the other measures. They are the ones causing the systemic problems.

Yep.

Learned the other day that a company (in Abbotsford) had 30 people not vaccinated.  They all got a lawyer to draft up some documents to state the vaccine and daily swabs was against their religious beliefs.  And the company bent over.

Just now, BPA said:

Yep.

Learned the other day that a company (in Abbotsford) had 30 people not vaccinated.  They all got a lawyer to draft up some documents to state the vaccine and daily swabs was against their religious beliefs.  And the company bent over.

cool, beliefs. I believe they need to open their own hospital.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

cool, beliefs. I believe they need to open their own hospital.

And 5 unvaccinated people who did not lawyer up are on unpaid leave.

Think the company is looking at their legal options for the group of 30.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Our ticketing team is currently working through the logistics of this change and will communicate with our ticket holders directly as soon as possible. In the meantime, fans should hold onto their tickets. The health and safety of our fans, employees, players and community has always been a top priority and we will continue to enforce safety protocols for our Warriors game tonight and Canucks home games this weekend, including strict mask wearing protocols. We also encourage all fans to get vaccinated and to follow provincial health orders in the coming days and weeks to help us all manage through this latest COVID-19 challenge."

so Canucks have two home games with full capacity this weekend at Rogers Arena  Leafs on Saturday and AZ on Sunday.

Bruce there it is chant will live on, with a splash of covid.  

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

Alberta likes its horse meds, so go get treated in a barn too and stay out of the hospital.

Voluntary anti-vaxxers don't care about me, why should I care what happens to them?

Alberta is doing alot better than BC apparently… we have very low hospital and ICU numbers. Maybe look in the mirror

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Alberta is doing alot better than BC apparently… we have very low hospital and ICU numbers. Maybe look in the mirror

Alberta hit over 1000 hospitalization earlier this fall. 81,000 delayed surgeries from closing ORs to make temporary additional ICU beds. Alberta is currently sitting at 4,431 active cases with 344 in hospital compared to BC with 3,878 active cases and 184 in hospital (BC has a larger population too). So no, Alberta is not doing better than BC.

Edit: As an aside, for some reason I always thought the 'AB' in your name meant Abbotsford haha.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

Alberta hit over 1000 hospitalization earlier this fall. 81,000 delayed surgeries from closing ORs to make temporary additional ICU beds. Alberta is currently sitting at 4,431 active cases with 344 in hospital compared to BC with 3,878 active cases and 184 in hospital (BC has a larger population too). So no, Alberta is not doing better than BC

even if AB was, its not a rationale to "open it up" like some are suggesting. 

• Vintage 1